“Exactly what we needed” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #81 of 608 Specialty Lodging in Bangkok
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Exactly what we needed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

We stayed in this hostel for the beginning and end of our trip due to what it had to offer and the location.

The location of this hostel is great for Khaosan Rd and the old city / Grand Palace area, it is some distance to any of the other transport infrastructure (BTS, Metro etc) but don't let this put you off.

We stayed in a the private double room with shared facilities, the room was clean with air con, fresh towels and water on arrival and most importantly the air con worked a treat.

The shared facilities were clean and easily accessible and were what you needed, although not all showers provided hot water.

We did have some issues with noise but that comes with the hostel territory.

Great place to stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

This is a really clean and comfortable hostel located about 10-15 minute walk from Khaosan road. The showers were the best we had in Thailand - hot and powerful, and you can book day trips at reception if you want to see some of Bangkok's sights. There is free wifi in the hostel, and you can buy (basic) continental breakfast for 80THB, which was useful, but if you're trying to save money, you can definitely find other places selling breakfast cheaper nearby. Great place to stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

I was there for a 3 night stay. I chose the 4 bed female dorm. I shared the room with great people. In my opinion I made an excellent choice. I walked around the city during all the 3 entire days. The only exception the way back on the third day...I took the ferry so that I experienced it as well. Cool staff, extremely helpful. They gave me excellent tips.
If I go back to Bkk I must look for a bed there!
Thanks for everything guys!

Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here as a solo female traveller. Staff were fab and couldn't do enough to help - even let me borrow their insect repellent when I turned up with thousands of mozzy bites! Bed was good and room was clean. Chill out area with beanbags was also fab! Would def recommend this to any traveller!

• Stayed June 2013
Hanoi, Vietnam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

My friend and I stayed at 3Howw during our very first trip. The hostel was very clean and modern, near Khaosan road but far from all the noises :) The staff was very friendly and helpful. There is a very romantic canal on the way back from Khaosan to the hostel. We really enjoyed our stay at 3Howw and we'll definitely come back for this hostel in our next trip to Bangkok!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
saskatchewan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

This is by far one of the cleanest hostels I have stayed in while in se Asia. The bathrooms are cleaned regularly and are always stocked, beds are comfortable and they have a nice lounge area to relax. The staff is great, good location and helpful staff. I would definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

I arrived at BKK (Bangkok Suvarnabhumi) on a flight from Istanbul, Turkey on 6th June. I took the city train from the airport as far as Phaya Thai. I then hailed a taxi off the main road and asked him to take me to Thandet Samsen (Soi 4) near Thandet Khaosan and made sure to say "NHA KHA' meaning 'meter fare' in Thai.

The taxi took about 30 mins (depending on traffic) and cost around 100 BHT. I walked up the side street (Soi 4) and found the hostel easily. The hostel is clean and the staff are very friendly and one guy in particular, Mui who is from Myanmar, helped me plan my trip there which I leave for tomorrow. There is free wifi and a hostel computer you can use for free which was great as I had lots of pics to upload from Istanbul.

I was so impressed by the place that I have booked a room for my girlfriend and I on return from Myanmar.

If you only in Bangkok for a short time I would thoroughly recommend staying here as it's centrally located but very quiet (unlike the hostels on Khaosan)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Been to 3Howw Hostel Khaosan? Share your experiences!