“Great Steak which is what it's about!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Argentinean, European, Hamburgers, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Cork, Ireland
“Great Steak which is what it's about!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

I've tried steak all around the world and whilst this isn't any better, it's always consistently good.
Service was superb and while probably slightly pricey for bangkok it was a great meal.
Outside eating watching the world go by a plus point.

81% Recommend
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
“Surprising gem in the heart of Bangkok!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Our family of 4 adults and 2 kids went to Terminal 21 and chanced upon this steak house which is situtated right next to it. The atmostphere, service and steaks were excellent. We ordered the BBQ ribs and beef burger and they were very good too. Very nice place to have a meal when you get tired of green curry and mango sticky rice ; )

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Perth, Australia
“Charming Parrillada in Bangkok city centre”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Hello Readers,

Well, where shall I start? WELL DONE! That's the way I like the steak (despite of being argentinean myself) and also WELL DONE for opening such a charming restaurant in Bangkok.

The place is located opposite the Westin Hotel, below Terminal 21 Mall or just few steps down from Asoke BTS station.

The place has in and outdoor service. Due to the heat in Bangkok I rather go for the tables inside. The decoration is so nice that reminded me to a restaurant in Puerto Madero in Buenos Aires. They do not have argentinean staff but apparently a friendly uruguayan "parrillero" along with thai and few other farang staff are the ones running the show.

I will be objective and fair on this review.

Service = OUTSTANDING. Absolutely everyone attending our table (I was catching up with friends) made sure that our requests were fulfilled. For that they deserve a Golden Star. A big Thank you for that.

Even we laugh as apparently other argentineans went to the restaurant and as expected they criticised the place when in reality everyone is doing a great job on running this place.

Food = VERY GOOD.

As a person who doesn't live in his country for over a decade what I really look forward is for a good empanada (@ +/- USD 6). Is a big one and is quite right. May be because I was spoiled with my grand mother empanadas back in Argentina I don't believe I can have the same anywhere else ... but now seriously, empanadas in here were quite ok.

Meats are from Australia and USA. Both great, tender and tasty. Cooked to perfection. I had a Parrillada that consists on a beef skewer, chicken, Pork Ribs and a spicy sausage. Was pretty good but after trying my friends meats, I will go for a steak next time.

Wine list = GREAT. We choose a Cabernet Malbec that was awesome. Honestly they have a generous wine list but if your plan is to enjoy Argentinean BBQ, just have it with Argentinean wine.

Price = Do not expect this place to be cheap. This is a unique type of restaurant that for sure wants to keep their high class Polo type clientele. You pay for what you get. Simple as that.

Thanks so much for making a charming dinner for my friends and I, and I wish you a lot of success. I look forward for my return to this restaurant in the next couple of months when I return to BKK.

Cheers.

GU

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Hong Kong, China
“Great steaks!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

This steakhouse has to be one of the best in Bkk. It has a relaxed atmosphere with in- and outdoor seating. The service was great. The steak was excellent Argentinian Angus beef. No complaints and definitely cheaper than the steakhouses in various hotels in BKK.

Visited March 2013
Bangkok, Thailand
“Great Addition to Bangkok Restaurant Scene”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Apart from the fact that they don't actually have Argentinian steak I can't fault this restaurant. The experience was fantastic from the initial greeting, to our waiter (Tomas - great balance of checking we had everything we wanted without being overbearing) to the food which was excellent.

The steaks come from the USA and Australia and are on display ( and can be bought fresh to take away and you can even buy wine to take away at a 30% discount to the list price). Good quality fresh steak cooked well. Simple but not easy to do on a consistant basis, but based on my experience they do it very well at El Gaucho.

The restaurant was busy with a good mix of Thai's. expats and tourists.

As you would expect with an steakhouse selling imported beef, this is not for the budget conscious, but as a treat, it is a fantastic addition to the Bangkok culinary scene.

It is also in a fantastic location, right by the BTS and MRT close to the junction with Sukhumvit Soi 19. All in all a great venue - I will be back.

• Visited May 2013