Yes, this is a really hip hotel with excellent breakfast, BUT:
- we stayed at the W Bangkok already twice. First time the rooms wasn't cleaned well, even had a huge dead cockroach in the bathroom. The second time we've given a room which wasn't cleaned at all after the previous guest left, food standing around, used towels laying in the bathroom etc. So from two visits 2 failed. This hotel has a real service issue!
- the pool is very sterile, not relaxing to lay down
- the location isn't good. To reach BTS you've to pass through another office building. In case you want to go to Sukhumvit, where life takes place, you've to take BTS to Siam, then change the line. I'm used to the Sheraton Grande on Sukhumvit where you have direct BTS access (very convenient, especially when it's raining).
So, even the W Bangkok is hip, the rooms have a good style, it's a NO GO. I prefer hotels with good service, where the rooms are clean, with a relaxing pool and direct BTS access. Bangkok offers many, many nice hotels - so there's no need to stay at the worldwide worst W hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the city’s prestigious Embassy Row and pulsating commercial district is the W Bangkok, a stylish icon of Asian chic. Welcome to the new playground of ambassadors, jet setters and fashionistas, a hot destination by the coolest shopping and dining. In our 407 rooms, you’re dreaming sweet in the signature W bed, or lazing in plush bathrobes as you enjoy state-of-the-art entertainment and fully wired technology, the fabulous Munchie Box and our wonderful Whatever/Whenever® service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Starwood APAC, Booking.com, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Splendia, Agoda, Hotels.com and Asiatravel.com Holdings so you can book your W Bangkok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.