“Not all that was promised” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: European, Mediterranean, Continental, International
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Large groups, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Melbourne
“Not all that was promised”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

We wanted to entertain a prominent friend for Sunday lunch, so we asked for a particular table at the back so he wouldn't get harrassed by onlookers, arrived to find that table taken and we were front and centre. Also gave implicit instruction not to let my friend pay. Also ignored. The food was good, although I get upset when the wait staff don't clear the table between courses. We generally shared our dishes between the 6 of us, and the various dishes were nice. Thankfully the A/C was up high so no cold drafts. It has a fairly casual atmosphere, and from what I can see, a varied customer base. Not sure whether go there for an important occasion again, but for a brunch or dinner its OK. A good wine list just a touch on the expensive side

Visited March 2014

Bangkok, Thailand
“Love it and will be back”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

Lovely food, great service and impressive wine list.
The quality and freshness of the food is outstanding and not pricey for what you get at all.
We will definitely be back and are happy to have discovered this little gem in our neighbourhood.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
BKK
“what is the point of reservations?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

am agreeing with ANDYPH in a previous review...

Reservations were made last week for a 'special occasion'. The person on the phone suggested a special spot in the garden when I specififed NOT next to the carpark. "are you staying for dinner?', yes. "we will be sure to have a special arrangement for you".

We were returning after dismal previous experiences- because the food was so good. We figured the tables next to us were experiencing poor service as well, so they are just having a difficult night.. well, I should have not bothered.

Reservations were not on record when we arrived, luckily sofas were free. Starters were wonderful and actually arrived speedily. When we were ready for dinner, "sorry no tables available. Oh, a table in the corner, but no chairs. There is a table upstairs- but B10,000 minimum". We already spent on starters, I DID make reservations- Now, you want us to start all over again, with a penalty? Onward to a fabulous restaurant around the corner that makes room without reservations, actually services their customers AND has fantastic food.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bangkok
“Great atmosphere, but pricey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

Was slightly wary of going to Quince having read some of the reviews on TA, but I was impressed by the decor and atmosphere at dinner last night. Service was friendly and attentive. It was not hugely busy, so it is possible when they are that service becomes problematical. We only ordered tapas dishes and two salads (pumpkin and beetroot) 7 dishes in all for 3 of us. Everything was good, apart from the croquetas, which tasted stale. We had two bottles of wine and the bill was THB5700. Don't think I'd be rushing back, but I would recommend it.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Hong Kong, China
“Love it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

Tried quince last night on a recommendation from friends .. Great food very well executed the whole place is great the decor fits perfectly with the food rustic , homely .. I have to say the food I tried was great . Just love the beetroot salad, potted pork , and my veal schnitzel was great , my friends had the steak which he said was ok , not great but ok .. Service needs some improvement they got our booking wrong , and the waiting staff seem to not know the menu too well some training on the menu would not go astray . Would definitely be coming back and telling my friends to as well

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere