“Charming Atmosphere” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #281 of 8,528 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: International, Mediterranean, European, Spanish
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
“Charming Atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

What a nice place with a charming atmosphere tucked away at the corner of Sukhumvit and Soi 45. We were lookin g forward to a casual dinner with friends and we were not disappointed. The menu has some interesting old style recepies and my 'slow cooked pork belly with polenta' was excellent. Congratulations to the chef and the team. We will certainly be back and tell all our friends!

• 5 of 5 stars Food

Bangkok, Thailand
“Mediterranean food in a cozy ambiance”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

First of all, this place is conveniently located in a small side street off Sukhumvit road away from the hustle and bustle. You can really relax and enjoy great food here.

The restaurant is nicely decorated with a chic minimalist interior that creates a homey feel. I especially like the style of the bar.

I was there twice, once seated at the window close to the entrance and another time in the room in the back of the bar. Both sides are nice, in the front rather bistro style and in the back living room style with some sofas besides normal tables and comfortable chairs.

As I usually eat quite a lot of Asian food, I was really looking forward to a nice Mediterranean treat (like back home). I haven't been disappointed! First, you get free mineral water and delicious fresh bread. It comes with olive oil, salt and pepper. I loved it! After that, I had the hummus. Simply delicious; creamy, soft and refreshing. As main course, I had a special, beef tenderloin with polenta. The meat was juicy and of very good quality, cooked like I ordered it and the crispy polenta a nice surprise. As I’m a big fan of good chocolate, I went for the organic dark chocolate tart with coffee ice cream. House made and again, delicious. The second time I was there, I had the Kurobuta pork terrine that was served in a nice jar. The food is nicely presented, which enhances the overall good experience. As the appetizer was pretty consistant, I opted for one of their new sandwiches; roast beef with caramelized onions and rocket. The meat was tender and the bread again very fresh and crispy.

Both times, the service staff was attentive and I didn’t have to wait too long for my order to be served, even tough the restaurant was quite busy.

It’s rather a pricy restaurant, but in my opinion worth every penny because of the great quality of the food.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Waitress unhappy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We were seated inside by the round table. The waitress seemed to be pregnant, must be tired or something. Very grumpy and doesn't smile. The food was good but not the best.

• 2 of 5 stars Food
Bangkok, Thailand
“Fun night out - watch the menu”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

we recently had a table of 10 and were seated in a private room looking into the kitchen - set up high expectations for the night. Some of our party had already ordered drinks, however, after more than 20mins no-one had check on the rest of us or offered any water (I was very hot and thirsty by this stage).
Unfortunately it got worse... upon ordering the special the waitress returned (5 mins later) to announce CAN-NOT... so I ordered again... another 5 mins another statement... CAN-NOT - this time causing 3 of us to have to re-order. My 3rd and final selection was available but NOT what I had in mind.
Good cocktails though and a fun night had by all

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Don't go”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

My friend and I went to quince because of the reviews but the restaurant doesn't live up to them. From the moment we were seated, no one came to service our table. I had to "wave" down a waitress just to get us some glasses of water. Several minutes later, still no one came to take our order. I had to "wave" down another waitress for that as well. We ordered two orders of the croquettes, the wet chicken, the hand cut noodles, and the banana and coffee ices. When we received the two orders of croquettes, they looked like two different orders. I will post photos to show the difference. The wet chicken was average and a bit bland, but the hand cut noodles were good. The coffee ice was also good. Overall, the ambiance was OK, the food was OK, and the service was the worst I've had in Bangkok. To me, the food of course has to be good, but the service has to be even better. And this place tanked on that. Prices were a bit high and even more after they tacked on the tax and service fees. I will never go there again and would never recommend it to anyone. If you want a good place to eat, I would recommend seven spoons instead.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Esther N
Sanya45, Owner at Quince - Eatery & Bar, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Dear Esther N,

Thank you for sharing your (not so good) experience during your visit at Quince.

We are truly sorry our staffs were not as attentive as they should have been. We are currently redesigning our stations so they should always face our guests and allow for eye contact.

As for the lack of consistency in our dishes, we cannot argue that is it acceptable either. This matter has been brought to the kitchen team and our new head chef.

We thrive to be a good neighborhood restaurant that retains loyal and enthusiasts guests. Anything that diverts us from being so, such as inattentive service or lack of consistency, is being addressed swiftly.

Sanya Souvanna Phouma