“Perfect hidden find in atmospheric Chinatown BKK” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Nang Gin Kui - Bangkok Private Dining

Nang Gin Kui - Bangkok Private Dining
Charoen Krung Soi 20, Chinatown | Talad Noi, Samphanthawong, Bangkok 10100 , Thailand
+66 85 904 6996
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 7,182 Restaurants in Bangkok
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Asian, Thai, Fusion
Good for: Special occasions, Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Nang Gin Kui is a private guerrilla dining lounge at Bangkok's amazing River Front spoiling guests with a million dollar river view.We serve thai fusion full-course dinner set menus including flowing beverages and wine pairing on selected evenings. Please email us if you are looking for a truly one-of-a-kind experience for special dinners and events. ** Reservation ONLY **
Singapore, Singapore
“Perfect hidden find in atmospheric Chinatown BKK”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

When I approached Florian for dinner reservation to celebrate the birthdays of my two girl friends, I was not quite sure what to expect. Florian was very responsive and accommodating to my requests and questions (yes I am a bit of a nitpicker and not very easily pleased when it comes to food- I only have two favourite restaurants in the world: one is helmed by a certain Adria ;) and my other personal favourite chef worked at the Vatican). As it turned out, I had absolutely nothing to worry about; our night at Nang Gin Kui was AMAZING! I have stayed across the river at fancy pants Peninsula Hotel Bangkok and even their 'high-end' restaurants were nothing to write home about. My party of 6 and a baby had a fabulous time at Nang Gin Kui. Food was authentic, the old-school apartment was so pretty, night skyline view was atmospheric and service was top notch. We felt very welcomed and at home. Florian & his brilliant team tailored the menu for us and even served a home-made birthday cake (my husband does not usually fancy sweet food/ desserts but even he savoured every last bite). I would recommend Nang Gin Kui to other foodies/ intrepid travellers. If you are looking for an authentic dining experience in Bangkok, this is the place for you. Enjoy! =)

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Florian_Gypser, Owner at Nang Gin Kui - Bangkok Private Dining, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear Qellis,

thank you so much for your highly appreciated review and we are very happy that you and your friends had a great time at Nang Gin Kui !

We wish you happy fooding wherever you are and all the very best,

your Team @ Nang Gin Kui

• Thai first
Bangkok, Krung Thep, Thailand
“great romantic dining with the view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

we've got great food, variety and taste, with good wine
we've got I will say one of the best romantic view in Bangkok
we've got a relaxing and very friendly atmosphere

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you so much Jean-Paul for having been our dear guest and we are very happy that you and your super lovely family enjoyed the evening ; ) we are looking forward to see you around town, all the best and please send our regards to your family !

Your Team @ Nang Gin Kui
Bangkok
“Great Home Food Cooking”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

The food is delicious and the atmosphere is unique. Goy Goy and her team do their best to make sure you have a pleasant meal filled with plenty of drink and authentic Thai food. The location, in a high-rise in Chinatown overlooking the Chao Praya river adds a special touch to a guaranteed pleasant evening.Dining at Nang Gin Kui well be a night to remember for any visitor to Bangkok!

• Visited January 2013
Bangkok, Thailand
““like mumma use to make””
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

Food is a personal thing, a statement we can all relate too. I personally feel as an expat living Bangkok who immigrated from the hustle and bustle of London I have found it very hard to find an eatery which can deliver so much so seamlessly, please believe I am far from a ‘foodie’ but again because of London up-brining it has given me a ‘taste’ for different flavors from Modern-European in Notting Hill to Gordon Ramsays pub on the other side of town, but let’s get back to the point Nang Gin Kui…

When you first meet your host for the evening (Florian) you are instantly placed with a sense of adventure as you actually can’t walk into Nang Gin Kui off the street (as it sit some feet above Chinatown) and I sure you, it doesn’t disappoint, bam! When you arrive you are greeted with a perfectly lit area, cool concrete floors and a view to die, you are instantly handed drinks from friendly, kind staff (and this level of hospitality continues throughout the evening and doesn’t dip for a second) I won’t reveal too much of what’s in store so not to take away from your own experience but it is just that an ‘experience’ and one you must enjoy if you are an expat like myself or a tourist that cannot be fooled by artificialness of Sukhumvit and aiming to find that little gem, well here it is.

I can say I have been twice and never have I left feeling hungry or disappointed, Florian as host takes you along a journey through taste that has even most complicated taste buds impressed, a level of flavor you can receive only from innocent, honest cooking which seems to be lost with all the ‘conveyor belt’ restaurants that are everywhere in bkk this day and age, I highly recommend Nang Gin Kui.

• Visited May 2013
Bangkok, Thailand
“favorite dining experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

If you are looking for a great meal with a better experience go to Nang Gin Kui. The food is spectacular, the views are breathe taking and the hosts are wonderfully amazing. You will get all the benefits of the wonders of Thailand's world renown food but with the best VIP treatment of your life. Florian makes sure that you and your guests have plenty to eat and drink. I went with a group of people 8 people and we all felt very comfortable and at home. The conversations were aplenty and to atmosphere made all the difference when sitting on the cushions around one table enjoying a lovely meal. GO DO IT! You will not regret it! It truly is an experience you will never forget. I have such a great time I am taking more people there!

• Visited February 2013