“Lovely place” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 504 Specialty lodging in Bangkok
Kaunas, Lithuania
“Lovely place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Small and quite guesthouse, very well hidden from the noise of the busy city center among the sky-scapers. Close to BTS sky train, boat and nightlife places in Silom. Stylish and spaciuos, clean rooms.For the service quality I would highly recomend it to my friends.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

77 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Greek first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Hidden behind two massive, beautifully crafted and aged wooden gates, is the gem of Bangkok: a secrete getaway that embodies the zen-full beauty and hospitality that comes to mind when one thinks of The Land of Smiles. The Littlest Guesthouse removes you from the hustle and bustle of the noise filled streets of Bangkok and allows you a place to relax and take it all in.

I was 19 and on my first solo adventure, looking to explore the rich beauty of Thai culture. Sweat rolling down the sides of my face, my 65L on my back, exhausted from a 36 hour flight (with plenty of delays) from New York's JFK, I wandered the streets of Surasak looking for what was promised to be a haven. After an hour-or-so of searching, with the help of two friendly attendants in the BTS station and their smartphones, I was able to find the place hidden right under my nose. There I met Ann.

[Tip: The Littlest Guesthouse in located 45 seconds from the BTS Surasak stop]

Ann met me at the giant wooden gates that led into a small yard. I don't know if it was the warmness of her smile and energy, or the peaceful vibes of her B&B that instantly relieved the stress of the past two days of traveling that bore weight on my shoulders (or a combination of the two). After learning of my interests in Thai culture over a breakfast unworthy of even a king, Ann took me on a walking tour of the neighborhood, showing me some of her favorite local eateries, even buying me tea and my first street-meal in Thailand: delicious sticky rice with fried beef. Served on-the-go in plastic baggies, we ate as we explored the area before she took her leave, pointing me towards the (nearby) 15 cent water-taxi that travels the Chao Phraya river.

That was but one of many interactions with Ann over the next few days. Through her, I fell in love with Thailand. Her hospitality was far beyond anything I expected, and her care, concern and interest for my best interest was second to none. She made my desire to explore the richness of Thai culture her priority.

I highly, highly recommend The Littlest Guesthouse for your future stays in Bangkok. The location is prime, the service is unbelievable, and the facilities are second to none.

Room Tip: Ann gave me a full tour of the house, including all of the guest rooms. You can't go wrong with...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

As a guesthouse,it ticks all the boxes. Location,level of comfort and the size.....service was an excellent added bonus. Ann the owner was very helpful with all the relevant information you need to get your bearings in the area and always ready to make the stay an experience. The Housekeeper,Mu is so helpful and wonderful with the breakfast tray every morning,offering a cuppa when you get in with a smile.
The rooms are very well appointed and large enough to hole in if you need a break from the Bangkok buzz and crowd. The location was a good mix of inner city urban accommodation and the high-rises around do act as a sound buffer from the traffic and bustle.
A refreshing change from the ubiquitous multi story multi national chain hotels that abound in this city. On the weekend I can hear the family living next to the property and the kids playing,nice change to the "ping" you constantly get from the lifts in major hotels.
Am a regular Bangkok visitor, and have done the hotels and apartments rounds....this has been a very pleasant change and a more conducive environment for a business and pleasure balance.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

We had a very nice time in this small guesthouse! We loved the decoration and its quiet and serene atmosphere - what an antithesis with the rest of Bangkok! We will recommend this place to our friends and hopefully will be back one day!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

We stayed here in January as part of a surprise trip for my boyfriend's birthday. It was the perfect base in Bangkok and an oasis in the city centre. Ann was an exceptional host and made us feel at home from the moment we arrived. The room was beautiful and clean and conveniently located near the skytrain. I can't recommend Littlest Guesthouse enough!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Kapaa, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

We had a few days to spend in Bangkok after a long, hot and tiring medical mission trip in Cambodia. With an abundance of Marriott Reward Points, I voted strongly for the relative luxury of a western style hotel, but the kids voted for the local ambiance of the guesthouse. Am I glad they did! It was perfect for our needs, from the warm welcome of Ann, to the quiet efficient help of the staff that live on the premises. With four college aged kids, we booked all three rooms of the guesthouse so it was like living in our own small home. I don't know if we were supposed to, but we made use of the small kitchen and dining area for quick snacks between shopping and sightseeing forays, and ate our larger meals in either the Blue Elephant (next door, can't beat that!) or the numerous restaurants near the riverfront. The Skytrain made easy access to most areas of the city.
The rooms are simple but spacious, and we liked the modern decorating touches integrated with the older Thai pieces. The bathrooms were beautiful - the downstairs bathroom had the girls squealing with delight and I'm afraid they took extra long showers just because it was so beautiful (we have seen some quite nice bathrooms around the world, believe it or not).
Had there been three separate groups staying at the same time it might have felt close, but for our family it was perfect. Thanks Ann, and hope to see you again on our next trip to Thailand.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Ideally positioned for city exploration, clean, quiet and with friendly service. Right next door to the Skytrain and a number of convenience stores. Great laundry service across the parking lot. Couldn't recommend it more.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Littlest Guesthouse? Share your experiences!