“Well presented and tasty food, good view” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Elements

Elements
The Okura Prestige Bangkok; 25FL, 57 Wireless Road, | Park Ventures Building, Lumpini, Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330, Thailand
+66 2 687 9099
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #23 of 7,935 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: European, Contemporary, International, Bistro
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: The food at Elements emphasises lightness and intensity, contrasting textures, temperature, flavours and colours presented in ways which allow diners to savour each beat of flavour before moving on to the next experience. Described as 'modern logical cuisine', the menu utilises the freshest available products based upon the four elements of earth, water, fire and air. Culinary Director Thomas Jakobi and Chef de Cuisine Henry Jordan have also created an 'Moments' five course menu that reflects perfectly this 'modern logical' concept. The wine list at Elements is equally impressive - with outstanding choices from the new and old worlds. Our Sommelier Marc Bittner is always on hand to help diners choose wines and champagnes that are best suited to their choices from our impressive menu.
Bangkok
“Well presented and tasty food, good view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

I had dinner at Elements with my wife on a Wednesday night. The restaurant was pretty empty, only 2 more couples were dining. The first impression was not brilliant, since there was no staff present when we entered the restaurant, but just a minute later we were escorted to our booked table. The service afterwards was very good, just a bit too close and almost waiting to clear and serve the next dish.
We ordered the 8 course set, which seemed to be good value for the products used - 3500 THB per person for lobster, foie gras, king crab etc. The food came without delay and all of the courses were well prepared and properly seasoned. My least favorite was the dory fish with fennel and razor clam, the best dish was probably the excellent cooked beef tenderloin and tongue with Thai blossoms.
The only negative thing i would like to mention was the dusty window corners and the spiderweb at the lamp in front of our table, which disturbed the otherwise excellent view.

Overall a n enjoyable evening, with good - value for money food and decent service.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Nice, France
“Promising !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Lucky us. My wife & I had the chance to experience a Degustation menu at Elements !
Let alone, the setting, the view, the quality of the materials and... elements surrounding you - all superb - let's just get to the point :
The cuisine offered by the Chef is probably the best Western food in town and among the best we've experienced on the Asian continent. Balance in flavors and textures, surprisingly good quality products ( surprise as I know that is hard to get certain items ) and very accurate cooking, seasoning and presentation.
There is thought behind each dish, in terms of the dish itself but also in terms of its position in the whole menu. Even the chocolate dessert was playing with bitterness and acidity in order to avoid the "heavy" feeling you sometimes get in a tasting menu...
After speaking with Cyril Cocconi - that's him - and discovering he has worked with world-renowned Robuchon, you understand better where the skillful cooking comes from. But there is no reciting the classics here. In fact, you can tell the guy has gone beyond the teachings of the master and is creating his identity... with sensitivity and definitely a great desire to make you enjoy the experience.
Service is working hard on transmitting the passion & ideas.

"Modern & Logical" is what's mentioned on the menu !
To this I'll add : Sensitive and Masterful.
So long chef, we'll be back ASAP.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bangkok, Thailand
“For a special occasion ...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Definitely the place to go for a special occasion. Beautiful decor, it remind us a private cruise, atmosphere. We were sitting on a table for 2 next to the window overlooking the city. Very comfortable chair and it's important as we spend almost 4 hours there!
We went both with a different set menu of 5 courses with the wine pairing. I will not describe all the dishes but they were all outstanding. The langoustine appetizer and the Cod dishes were my favorite. We are going back for our anniversary next month and I will pick again for sure the 5 courses menu except, we will order a bottle of wine as the wine pairing was too much for me.
Very good service and also very quiet service : the place was full (maybe 20 tables) but it is not noisy at all. Its again, very cosy. Great for date

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hong Kong, China
“Poor service, average food and high prices!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

On a Friday I had dinner with 2 friends there. The restaurant was very very empty what is the first sign thats not very popular. We had 3 different starters and main courses. The presentation of the fusion food was very good but it just does not take good. Fusion food have to be something like A and O. Wow. But it was below average hotel food. Also the service was very unprofessional. When we ordered our food we ask for hot towels (its also a shame that you have to ask) but we only get one delivered. So we need to ask again. Also they don`t refill the water (from the bought bottle) without a ask for it. Compering the quality and the service with the very high price its a no go. First and last visit I think.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Bangkok
“Elegant and stylish”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Once you make your way up the impressive staircase, make a few wrong turns and finally arrive at Elements, you cannot help but be impressed. It is beautifully designed and elegantly furnished. Both inside and out. Located on the 25th floor of the Okura Hotel, it offers pretty stunning views over Bangkok.
Staff are well presented, professional, and friendly : it is clear that you are in a Japanese establishment where excellent service is the norm. The uniforms are stylish and impeccable as is the wait staff.
We were a party of six, and were quite excited to sample what they call Modern Logical cuisine: to me it sounded more like an advanced mathematics course than a style of cooking. The menu offered a la carte and some tasting menus. We all opted for the tasting menus, the moderate at the table went for the 5 courses, the gluttons went for all seven courses. Most of the food was both creative and tasty (I still wasn’t understanding the logical bit of the description), but I have to say I got a bit tired of everything coming with “foam”. Foie gras with foaming this and beef with foaming that. Foam seems to be a food trend that I hope is soon gone. Let’s face it, most foams just look like cat sick on the plate or conjure up the appearance of an angry chef who spat on the plate before sending it out. They rarely seem to add any flavour and just seem to be a smart, “chef-fy” thing to do!
Having said that, the food was delicious. My highlight was the wagyu beef served with a slow cooked piece of beef tongue and the 2 day sous vide of beef short ribs (this actually makes my mouth foam!). There was also a goat cheese mousse served with a honeycomb foam (the best foam of the evening cause it was more like a whipped cream consistency) that was excellent. Desserts were art on a plate. The perfect sphere of meringue filled with a tart mixed berry compote was very memorable.
Elements is stylish and will definitely make its mark on the Bangkok scene. I just hope it continues to present delicious, creative plates of food (whether they be logical or not!)

• Visited January 2013