“Clean and stylish, but little more” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Loft 77 Hotel

You added Loft 77 Hotel to your Saves list
Loft 77 Hotel
2.5 of 5 Small Hotel   |   1707 Sukhumvit Rd. 77 (onnuch) | Suang Luang, Bangkok 10250, Thailand   |
Ranked #123 of 449 Bangkok B&B and Inns
Washington, DC
“Clean and stylish, but little more”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

We stayed at Loft 77 in January 2013, and found it to be more flash than substance. It is modern and bright and secure, but the little things that were not so great outweighed the style points. The wifi was not strong enough to reach our rooms in a rear upper floor. Sometimes it did not even work in the lobby, and though the manager was apologetic, he just shrugged his shoulders and didn't attempt to fix it. The available breakfast was a toasted cheese sandwich, and we saw two of them resting in the toaster waiting to be ordered for hours on end. The location was very far from anything we wanted to do or see, and while I was glad not to be in the center of the tourist district, this was just too far away. The price was good, though, so if your budget is tight, you might enjoy staying in a place that is at least fairly clean and safe. (Although we did find a pair of undies hanging in our shower on our first day there. They were not ours. And they were not clean.)

Room Tip: Try to stay towards the front of the building for better wifi access.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

I don't know what these other noodles are talking about but this hotel was great.

When I walked in I thought they had charged me wrong as the rooms were amazing! Bed was comfy and the bathroom was clean and fresh.

Breakfast was nice and there was always a smiley face at the front desk.

A definite recommendation !

• Stayed March 2013
Doncaster, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

New hotel. Had a nightmare trying to add an extra night to my original booking over the phone, directly with the hotel. Shouldn't have been that difficult as I originally booked by e-mail with the hotel. Just as well I didn't bother in the end. Room was nice as brand new. A/C wasn't that great though. Staff also said the reason they didn't answer the phone whilst my driver was trying to call them to find the location when I was arriving to check in, was due to probs with the phone system. The night guy was good but the other staff were all nice but very fake with it. Other negative issues were that they didn't clean my room until really late the 1st day. Said it would be best to leave the 'make up my room' sign out. 2nd day I left the sign out but didn't realise that the 'do not disturb' side was showing. Whilst it was kind of my fault, I made sure the receptionist guy know to ensure the room was cleaned asap as I left. He came up with some excuse that they weren't allowed to clean in that situation as there may have been a 'friend' in there - even though he knew I was definitely alone that night! Just didn't cut it. They charged a fortune for extra towels and laundry but I'm sure the idiot messed up the calculation and charged me less! Also, they would not allow me to pay by credit card at check out with includng any extras at the end of my stay so I deliberately didn't use the mini bar. They also didn't allow paying for laundry & towels by credit card even though it was nearly 1000 baht.Location was too far from the action and taxi driivers around there didn't want to go anywhere of interest at most times of the day. Wouldn't recommend.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Singapore, Singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

I have yet to visit this place and I hope that I won't have to. I have written numerous emails and messages on Facebook to Loft 77 to cancel my booking with them and I have not received a word from them, not even an acknowledgement. In fact, I made the effort to call to ensure that the booking is cancelled and requested for a written confirmation and I have yet to receive anything!! It's been 2 weeks. This is very frustrating. I even noticed that they've removed my post on their Facebook page. The last thing I need is for my card to be charged because of some ignorant and irresponsible staffs!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

We slept 2 nights in the loft77. The rooms are clean and big, the beds are very hard but that seems to be the standard here in Thailand.

We were in Bangkok waiting for our flight and already went to all major sights. So a hotel outside the center did not matter to us, but loft 77 is extremly far. The advertised 5 minutes to the sky train is more like 15-20 minutes depending on traffic and almost all taxi drivers refuse to take you on even if you show the map and instructions posted on their website.

If you plan on visiting any sights or do shopping do not stay here as it far outside the city. If you just need to wait a few days for your flight loft77 is a good choice.

Tip: from the hotel take a shared minivan on the street instead of a taxi. Cheaper and just as quick.

• Stayed February 2013
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

I was very very disappointed with choosing this hotel after all the amazing reviews. This was the final hotel of our stay in Thailand and I was hoping for a nice and economical hotel. This choice was the worst of my entire 3 week trip (4 other hotels).

Location: horrifically inconvenient and not close to anything of interest unless you want to be near homeless people sleeping in the streets (there were plenty). They advertise this place as near airport. I guess a 25 minute taxi ride (with no traffic) is considered near the airport to their standards.

Rooms: clean and meager is the best way to describe it. I wasn't expecting a 4 or 5 star resort but I do expect an actual mattress on the bed. This place gives you a box spring with a 2 inch pad covering it. Yup, that's your bed, try having a good nights rest by sleeping basically on wood.

Service: when asked about a good dinner option, the front desk suggested 7 11. We had a room with breakfast package. Never received our breakfast because it starts at 7. When asked if we can have something prepared 30 minutes earlier since we had a flight to catch we were told no.we asked to call for a metered taxi and the front desk again refused and wold only offer their private taxi option for 1000 baht. We got our own metered cab that cost us 130 baht.

This place is not worth even at the low price they may offer. Too many better options. I feel everyone who has reviewed this hotel before me must have very low standards. I personally would prefer to sleep in a car next time instead of this place.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Hey all..

if i want to say about loft in simple terms - its "Superb."
Awesome services by Bay,Annie and Boom.. u guys are wonderful..
Luv u guys..

The hotel is clear like crystal and looks brand new..infact its NEW.

Cost wise- cheap..

Location - great.

What else you look for..

We got all info about the whereabouts in bkk.

I would definitely recommend all of you to try this.

If someone from India, planning to go - we have a hindi speaking indian in next door(shop)

What else!!!!

Explore BKK.

regds,
Raghu-chennai - 9894572567

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Loft 77 Hotel? Share your experiences!