“Worst stay ever...” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #679 of 766 Hotels in Bangkok
Seattle, Washington
“Worst stay ever...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

Actually I didn't stay, l left.

I booked to stay here to attend a week-long seminar/class being held here. Their facilities for small conferences and seminars are ok, but no f**king way for overnight stay. All of their website photos are deceiving. Only the lobby looks ok. The rooms??? Where do I begin? I first was given a room on the "Chinese" floor. It was so dark, you feel like you're in left behind forgotten seedy place in some fourth world country in a poverty stricken village. I immediately went downstairs and asked to be switched to a brighter room. To the front desk's credit, the only gal who can speak English working there she was very nice all the time and accommodated my request. I was then put in a room on the 7th floor, and it was no better. It was brighter only in the sense that they used office white light instead of yellow light bulbs, and you still feel like you're in some horrible seedy place...except now I could see a bit better and I can see all the stains on the bed sheet!!! I don't know how they got there. No this is not one of those hourly hotel so I won't say that the place is seedy for real. But it was hardly a place you want to pay to stay at. The bed looked hard and uncomfortable too.

Next I examined the entire room. All the furnishings are old old old and worn. The bathroom...I opened the shower curtain and was hit by a wave of musky air. No bath anything except a little toothbrush with a tiny tube of toothpaste. They do have wi-fi, which took multiple reboot of their main system to get to work by the NEXT day. No desk. A small little old TV that only shows a few Thai channels. They have a little fridge and gives you a bottle of water.

I started to worry about bed-bugs. This looks like the kind of place where I could be attacked by some and pick some up to go home with. Ok I know bed bugs can happen in nice hotels too but here the stains and usage were so obvious that I was concerned.

Anyhow, I bolted and left. Just had no appetite to stay there. Can't sleep on this bed with those very stained sheets and blankets and depressing lights and atmosphere.

Don't be fooled by those website photos...any decor they had in reality looks like an abandoned kindergarten premises.

I did come back everyday for my seminar class. I didn't even eat the lunch they serve to our group there. Food did not taste good, too much fried stuff, and were loaded with salt and MSG. The MSG made some people tired and sleepy for the afternoon. After the first day I just skipped lunch everyday and brought some fruit with me daily to tie me over. Hotel not close to anything either so it wasn't like one can go out and get lunch elsewhere.

And hotel was WAY out of the way of city center. Many taxi drivers either refuse to come here, or if they do they get lost. The Tripadvisor address is wrong in that it is NOT in the Laksi District. If you have to come here for any reason get the directions straight...call the hotel or some other source. But be aware that except for one gal at the hotel font desk no one else there speaks English so if she's not on duty and you don't speak Thai, you're out of luck.

My final advice: just stay away. If you just pay US $10-$15 more, you can find much much better options in Bangkok.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Families
Couples
Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Thai first

Been to Petpimarn Boutique Resort? Share your experiences!