“The Bagel Café on the corner of Ekkamai Soi 4” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American, Sandwiches, Vegetarian, Bagels
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery
Description: The Bagel Cafe is now a full on American Experience in Ekamai. Bringing you the best of American Comfort food with incredible Bagels, Coffee, Desserts, BBQ, Pizza, Sandwiches and Specials like Bacon Wrapped, Stuffed Meat Loaf. All at prices you can afford and no hidden ++ charges (++ is the additional +10% and +7% that you don't see in many restaurant prices)
Bangkok, Thailand
“The Bagel Café on the corner of Ekkamai Soi 4”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Happen to walk past this Bagel shop the other day and gave it a try. Being from Europe, I am not accustomed to Bagels. To my surprise, it was a delight! especially the Cuban Sandwich!! Its just good and quick farang food around the corner,

• Visited July 2013

• Thai first
“Simply great bagels”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

I am not an American, so have not much experience with Bagels, but from the first moment I tried one I was hooked. My personal favorite is the cinnamon raisin bagel. I always buy a bag of 6, so you get the sixth for free and take them home. At home I put a little slice of Gouda cheese in between, its like having a krentebol back home in Holland!

• Visited May 2013
Bangkok, Thailand
“Pulled Pork Sandwich Was A Dream Come True”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

I had heard great things about The Bagel Cafe and when they posted that they were serving up Carolina pulled pork sandwiches, I knew I had to go. I must have not been the only person with that idea because they sold fast. I was fortunate to post on their facebook page to expect my two friends and me and they were kind enough to save us the last three sandwiches. The pork was devine and took me back to my Carolina roots. The sauce was the right combination of spicy and sweet and the recommended pickles topped it off as the best pulled pork I've had in Bangkok. I can't wait to go back for their next batch!

• Visited May 2013
“A Great Bagel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Experience ! Was looking for a decent bagel with cream cheese of course! Well I found it and thought before I buy even two I will try just one, got the cinamon rasin! It was excellent, fresh and chewy not hard and tough and uneatable! Will buy even more next time. Think you will like them too!

• Visited January 2013
Bangkok, Krung Thep, Thailand
“Bangkok's Best Bagel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

Yesterday, I had the pleasure of finally making the journey over to Ekkamai to try one of these bagels. I had liked their public facebook page. I was hoping that the real thing would meet my expectations. I spent most of my life on the East Coast in the USA, so I have eaten my fair share of bagels.

I ordered an Everything Bagel (45 Baht). I asked which version of cream cheese the owner preferred. I went with his recommendation of the Garlic Dill Cream Cheese (40 Baht). My 85 Baht spent was worth every single satang. Not only did the bagel meet my expectations, it exceeded them which is rare when it comes to many western food items in Thailand. At this price, it isn't the cheapest bagel option in town, but the quality is well worth the price. If you act on their promotions, a real value can be had for a quality product.

The owner was very friendly. He greeted me upon arrival. He even shook my hand and made some small talk.

The location is pretty convenient. Just head down Ekkamai from Sukhumvit and the small shop will be on the right just past a hotel. Really, you can't miss it. The interior of the downstairs is small, but it is tasteful and comfortable. I didn't have a chance to visit the upstairs, but I might on future visits.

I'm looking forward to trying the other products on offer. Their sandwiches look quite good in the photos, so I will be trying the Ruben next weekend

I wholeheartedly recommend The Bagel Cafe based on my own personal experience. It's certainly worth a visit.

The owner mentioned that you can always call and reserve bagels to ensure you get the product you want before it sells out. That's a nice touch.

• Visited September 2012