“Excellent Hotel--SIPP” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Shanghai, China
“Excellent Hotel--SIPP”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

I believe most ppl has same feeling with me after stay SSIP Hotel. The most attractive points is not luxury facility or near by biz area but the hosipitality of all employees and owner there.
We stay there for 5 nights and we have very comfortable experience. The owner, SIP, is always nice and friendly to us and proivded us all advice and recommendation that we need.
If you are looking for a warming, quiet and charming place to stay in BKK, SSIP will be the great choice to you.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

We stayed 3 nights here in the August 2013 before we leave Thailand. The thai-style decoration make us feel comfortable, and the service is perfect. We really like the tradition thai-style breakfast.
The staff is really helpful and the location is excellent, you can go to the Grand Palace by ferry at Thewet pier or by bus.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Bangkok, Krung Thep, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

SSIP is a very a very nice boutique hotel, the service was professional and the amenities are top class. We enjoyed our stay there. The moment we set foot into the boutique we were greeted with friendly faces and a welcome drink by hotel staffs. Afterwards the staff showed us to our rooms on the 3rd floor and delivered our bags via a small luggage elevator. The rooms were decorated simply however it captured both the traditional and the modern Thai lifestyles, and it is small things like the folded elephant towels and ribbon paper towel rolls that really highlight the amount of effort and dedication SSIP put towards accommodating its guests.
Our favorite part of SSIP was the breakfast which was preordered the night before (Chicken or pork rice sets) and served at our preferred time. The food was well presented, and accompanied by a variety of Thai traditional dessert, and fresh fruits (different each day).
The owner of the hotel Sip is fluent in Thai, English, and Mandarin. This is a vital skill for accommodating guests coming from different parts of the world, and a skill that’s hard to come by in local boutiques. Much alike the owners, the staffs were also polite and attend to the needs of hotel guests.
During my stay in Bangkok, I obtained several useful advices from the staffs running the hotel. On my first day, my intention was to take a taxi and visit the Grand Palace, however when I asked for directions the receptionist recommended me to take the Ferry from pier No.15 (10mins walk from hotel) to pier No.9, which turned out to be cheaper than a taxi, plus we got the opportunity to appreciate the vibrant river lifestyle while cruising down the Chao Phraya. Apart from giving me directions, the receptionist also introduced to us several temples in the area (Emerald Buddha, Reclining Buddha, and The Temple of Dawn) as well as pointing out that our attires were inappropriate for the Grand Palace due the it’s dress code (Long pants/skirt, sleeved shirts, and no sandals), which saved us both time and money from renting long pants when we get there. For dinner, the staff recommended a riverside Thai restaurant called Steve’s, which is in walking distance of the hotel. I’m very grateful for this recommendation, the food was delicious and the view was amazing! Thanks to SSIP and we hope to return to SSIP again!

Room Tip: Room #32 was very cozy and had a comfortable bed with antique furniture. Also it had a great view of...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Harrogate, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

We stayed 2 nights here in August after a few hectic weeks of travel. The room was beautiful and spotlessly clean, the breakfast was great (we really enjoyed the Thai breakfast experience) and the staff were friendly and really helpful. We're so glad we stayed here, it was the perfect place - close enough to the centre but far enough away to be able to relax. The staff also guided us to a fabulous restaurant only a short walk away. I really wish I'd booked here for our last night in Thailand and we'll definitely be back if we are ever in Bangkok again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Udonthani, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Staying at SSIP was a great experience. I stayed there for 3 nights. The location is very good for sightseeing to The Grand Palace, The Temple of Reclining Buddha, and The Temple of Dawn. It took only 10 minutes to Thewet pier by walk.

The staff was very helpful. They always offered to help anytime they got a chance. They always helped me get a taxi and gave me directions and information of the places I would like to go.

My room No.25 on the second floor was very clean and quiet with daily cleaning and balcony. It was decorated with antique furniture giving me a warm feeling just like home.

Breakfast was amazing and delightful! They are traditional Thai foods and deserts with tropical fruits. They were very tasty and each day different for 3 days of my stay.

SSIP is one of the best hotels I have stayed and I would recommend to everyone.

Room Tip: My room No.25 on the second floor was very clean and quiet with daily cleaning and balcony. It was...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

We stayed 3nights in August in here. Breakfast was amazing, staff was wonderful, nothing was too much trouble for them. The hospitality was perfect, helped with anything!
Room is big and spotless! This was one of the best hotel we stayed. Very good value for money!! Strongly recommend to anyone!

• Stayed August 2013
Geneva, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

Hotel is really great. I echo everyone else's comments - friendly and helpful staff, clean rooms, delicious breakfast, and reliable wi-fi. The only thing is that the hotel itself is a bit of a walk from anything else. The hotel staff will tell you its just 10 minutes to Khao San Road, but it definitely felt like closer to 20, and especially after a night out, it feels like it isn't very close! The walk to the pier to catch the water taxi is about 10 minutes as well. Overall, really lovely hotel, but I would probably stay somewhere else next time due to location.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Been to SSIP Boutique Dhevej Bangkok? Share your experiences!