“Nothing bad to mention about except WOW” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Glow Pratunam Hotel

Save Saved
You added Glow Pratunam Hotel to your Saves list
Glow Pratunam Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   919 Petchburi Road | Thanon Phayathai, Rajthewee, Bangkok 10400, Thailand   |
Ranked #31 of 754 hotels in Bangkok
Singapore, Singapore
“Nothing bad to mention about except WOW”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

My wife and I had a short stay at Glow. All the staff beginning from the men at the ground floor to the staff at the reception desk and staff from the restaurant where we had our breakfast are ever so ready to serve you with a smile. The F&B Manager, Mr.Sajcha Katerungroch, nickname Mr. Bu is very friendly and helpful. I strongly recommend this hotel even though I had a short stay only but definitely I will choose this hotel on my future trip to Bangkok.

642 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Commendable for their 5 star services for a 4 star hotel. It's nicely located in the heart of Pratunam with platinum mall and pratunam market around the corner.
The room is spacious and well fitted with all the amenities you can expect for a 5 star room. Modern and sophisticated, everything is new. The bed is ULTRA COMFY. I've been to hotels around the world but it's one of the best I've ever slept in.
I would have given it a 5 star rating if they were able to fulfill my late check out request. But unfortunately, they can't which is the same thing for my sister who travelled a week earlier.
Seems like you need to hit a minimum spending with the hotel in order to qualify for late check out.

P.S, it's located in the same street for the famous Wanton Mee, it's a must try for locals and tourist alike.

Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

The excellent experience I had at Glow motivated me to create a TA account and write this review. Judging by the number of new reviewers who have contributed here, I think it is safe to say that they too were so pleased that they had to share their experience.

My wife and I decided on Glow because it is just across the street from Platinum Mall. The positive reviews on TA helped when researching for accommodation.

The hotel is situated above Shibuya 19 Fashion Mall. Taxi drivers from the airport had trouble understanding "Glow Hotel" or "Shibuya 19" so I suggest printing out the address to make it easier to get there. Note that once you check in, the hotel provides a little card with names of major landmarks (including the hotel) with Thai translations; very handy to use when moving around.

The interior of this boutique hotel looks very new. The decor that greets you at the lobby is nice and looks good in pictures (if you plan to take pics while being served your welcome drink). The corridors along the rooms are very clean and spacious which makes it seem very welcoming. The interior of the rooms are nice too; very clean and spacious (although we had some red ants crawling around the toilet sink but no big deal). We opted for a room with a king bed and it also had a 3 seater couch on the side.

Our rooms came with the buffet breakfast. The spread is decent and nothing to shout about. Your usual assortment of cereals and fruits, juices, yoghurt, toast, made-to-order eggs, sausages, bacon and some local Thai dishes.

The very special thing abou this hotel is the quality of the service. I've had the opportunity to travel to many countries and experience different hotels and Glow Pratunam is by far the best in terms of service. It is not just that everyone is polite and courteous, you really do get a sense that they are friendly/nice people who care about you. Once halfway during breakfast I even got a little shock when one of the waitresses asked me how I was doing. I had at that point already been greeted and seated so you don't expect anything further but they do go the extra mile.

Furthermore, I got food poisoning (from eating at a nearby restaurant called Nara) and at 2am in the morning the staff were so kind to find an open hospital for me and call for a cab. When I got back from hospital later that morning, the staff was sincerely worried about me and asked how I was doing. Later that day, Toto and his staff were very kind to extend my late checkout as I was too weak to go to the airport early for my evening flight. I really felt taken care of and appreciate the kindness shown by the staff.

Kudos to Glow for such service excellence that is surely due to a solid hiring and training process. Despite my trip ending on a bad note, I certainly had a Glowing Day! Will definitely be back and recommend all my friends and family.

Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I enjoyed my short stay at Glow. This is highly recommended to all especially if you are there for shopping. It is so near to Platinum mall (just an overhead bridge away) & Pratunam market.

We got a free upgrade and they accommodated to our late checkout request. The selection for breakfast is nice and the staff will refill the coffee/tea constantly. Excellent service provided by the staff. The room is spacious and the bed is comfy. Overall, I'm glad I made the right choice in booking this hotel.

I will be back. Have a glowing stay!! =)

Room Tip: The deluxe corner room is so spacious. Good for family with children.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Singapore, null, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Stayed at Glow recently and it was one of the best service I have received in my many trips to Bangkok. The check-in experience was exceptional with very personalised service and the welcome drink was a bonus. All the service staff were friendly and approachable. The room is very spacious and has a remote which control almost everything. Fo those whom love shopping, this is definitely one of the hotel you should consider as it is right opposite Plantinum Mall and walking distance to the Central.
5 star service at reasonable rate!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

We like the location and it just opp of Fashion Mall and IT Mall. The room was big and clean.
Service was great. There alot of road side foods downstair and walking distrance to all shopping malls and markets.

All the Staffs are friendly and helpful. During our stayed from 14/10 - 18/10, i requested for a upgrade and Miss Yui and Mr Toto arranged for us. We were giving a Deluxe Room on the 3rd night onward and a late check out on 18/10.

The Bell boy also help to flat a taxi for us to the nearest BTS.

Thumb up for all the staffs.

We will come back again ..... on Jan 2013

A big thanks to Miss Yui and Mr Toto.

Room Tip: Big and clean room.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

This place rock. New place with young and friendly staff that make us feel like home! From the moment we checked in we where taken good care off.
Staff name Ono, Jib, Mind, Yuy, Nana, Michael and Ninja had a good service mind.
But one thing that suprised us was that you had a norwegian speaking staff! we speaked norwegian at the lobby and then suddenly the front girl startet to speak! That is really something I have never meet before. I am not good in English so that was perfect for me, I had never problems with comunications at this hotel. You have something other hotels dont have.

1 less good thing that i want to mention is the sounds in the corridor when people walk by we can hear them talk. You should have a sign in the corridor or tell your guest.

But overall a 6++ star hotel serivice from me.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Glow Pratunam Hotel? Share your experiences!