“Excellent service. Good value.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Glow Pratunam Hotel

Save Saved
You added Glow Pratunam Hotel to your Saves list
Glow Pratunam Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   919 Petchburi Road | Thanon Phayathai, Rajthewee, Bangkok 10400, Thailand   |
Ranked #30 of 750 hotels in Bangkok
“Excellent service. Good value.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

My friend and I got a free upgrade to a corner deluxe room. Very spacious and big bathroom with both shower and bathtub. 2 wash basins. Worth the value. Also WOW! Services...one of the porter even went out in the rain to hitch us a cab to MBK.

• Stayed October 2012

592 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

I travelled with a few friends and stayed for 3 nights at this hotel. I have to say that this is a great hotel at a strategic location with superb staffs providing spacious, clean and comfortable rooms with free wifi! Shopping malls and street markets are within minutes of walk with hawker stalls serving local delicacies along the streets of this hotel. Staffs speaks fluent english and everyone has been very friendly and helpful, and front desk manager, Mr.Toto has been extremely kind to have provided us tips on where to visit in Bangkok and getting there at the most convenient way. I will definitely come back to GLOW on my next visit to Bangkok. Thank you Team Glow!

• Stayed October 2012
Oulu, Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Me and my wife staye this hotel in the middle of september and we love it very.......The location is good it's staying over shopping mall. Can i say more? I like much the clean room and good work of the housekeep.... The breakfast good to resturan staff good service. The staff all is perfect smile laugh work hard every espesially Mind in front she is very friendly outgoing we like she take care of me and wife she also speak sweden wow...happy with ono, foamii, ninja to ..i still feel the glow in finland...keep up the good work we will be back next year... *.*

Room Tip: 6 floor have good food and taxi is cheaper then tuk tuk
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Tenerife, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

The highlights of my stay in the recently opened Glow pratunam hotel have been...

- the Staff, superfriendly and vey well trained in customer service. Very helpful in every thing you may need, starting by front desk manager Toto, who gave me a great explanation of room details.

- the room, with one of the best bed, duvet and pillows you may find in Asia, and with one of the best showers too. Nicely apointed, in a minimalistic causal trend, but taking into account every detail. Every thing sparkling new and superclean.

- the location, with amazing views from the room window of one of the bubbliest areas of Bangkok.
On top of a shopping mall which also includes a great food court just a floor below. Lots of great shopping centres in 5 minutes walk, including Pantip Plaza, opposite the hotel, a paradise for technology lovers.

- high technology in the room. You can control all the lights and aircon from a board on the night table. Many channels on flat screen TV ( I would ask for more channels in English in the future).
Ipod dock. Free wifi, fast enough for Skype.

-Facilities, including a nice pool, gym and steam room. Great restaurant and room service.
Breakfast was complete for my taste, very healthy with many fruits and vegetables, that I really appreciate.

I arrived early in the morning and though I couldnt get straight to the room, they accomodated me as soon as possible free of charge.

A late check out was not possible either but I was able to use the facilities, leave my luggage and have a shower when I picked it up just before going to the airport for a long flight.

I will use it again for my business trips for sure. As a woman travelling on my own, I felt taken care of, even though it is a big hotel. Staff have a genuine attitude, do not look for the tip like happens in other hotels. Even cleaning staff you meet in the corridors are super polite and speak English.

Room Tip: All the rooms are exactly the same, just twin beds of a double.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

We took a regular cab from the airport to come to the hotel. Most taxi drivers do not speak English. So prepare to bring details of the hotel. Most drivers do not read Glow as Glow but rather grow or something like that. Anyway, best way to tell taxi drivers directions to this hotel is: Petchburi 19 (Street name) or Shibuya mall (the shopping mall below the hotel). Shibuya mall direction is mostly for the drivers inside the city.

The entrance of the elevator to go up is on the left of the building and there will usually be a staff dressed in black polo-t will be there to press the elevator for you and open the door and they are always all-smiles for you. Once at the lobby, you will be ushered to sit one of their sitting area and they serve drinks for you. The ladies at the reception have a good command of English so no worries about that. They were all so pleasant and nice. I've not been to a hotel with this standard of service.

Once she has explained to us details of the room, she brought us up to our room. Explaining where the gym and swimming pool is, she opened the door to our room for us and tell us where everything is.

The room was really nice but bed was too soft for my taste (im accustom to a more hard bed). Bathroom was really nice and it has the wardrobe that opens to both the room and the bathroom. There's a apple docking platform with speakers in the room as well. We hardly watched any show on the television since we were so tired.

Once we were settled down, we went straight out to head out to a night market. We wanted to experience taking the train. This was approximately about 8plus at night. Its about 10-15 minutes walk from the hotel. I do not advise walking down this road at night. There are a few areas that are not so well lit but its okay during the day.

Mostly we use the taxis to get to most places at night.

The best thing about this hotel is for girls or whoever is on a shopping spree because platinum fashion mall is just 5 minutes walk away. It's really close and since the mall is so big, we always go back to our hotel to rest for a while and put down our stuff before heading out for another round.

Breakfast is pretty standard with bacon, sausages, eggs, potatoes, toast, salad and more. But overall its decent and we eat our fill during the breakfast before we head out for our shopping spree.

But the best thing about this hotel is its service. Everyone there is really nice and eager to help out. I would definitely come back to this hotel if I'm back to bangkok.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

I would say this area is a heaven for the shopper and the road here is seem very busy starting from 8 am. by the way from pratunam we can easily go to other part of bangkok by boat which is so convenient as it is very fast, just walk to the corner for 5 mins, The hotel itself is very new and all staff look very modern with the style and make up, friendly and helpfull they are. The room was cleaned and in good condition plus an excellent service from the bell boy, front and the restaurant team

• Stayed September 2012
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

This hotel will blow your socks off. As everyone else has said, the staff is so welcoming every time you set foot on the property whether its your first day or fifth day. We've yet to have to open any door for ourselves as they are very attentive to your comfort. Very clean, quiet, and modern. The hotel is new and vibrant and without a doubt a great choice for the price! Highly recommended.

Stayed September 2012

Been to Glow Pratunam Hotel? Share your experiences!