“Excellent Business Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #384 of 764 Hotels in Bangkok
Thodupuzha, Kerala, India
“Excellent Business Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

I stayed here for 7 days. I never had any trouble and the staff were very friendly. They served variety food in the buffet and I enjoyed my dining experience too.

The rooms and facilities are little older but it gives you a classic look.

Highly recommended if you are a business traveler as there are lot of amenities close by.

Room Tip: They have non smoking floor; in case you are a non-smoker
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

This is second time I stayed in this hotel
It is conveniently located , rooms are spacious, restaurant on ground floor offering lavish buffet at reasonable Price.

Good for business as well as family travellers

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

It's an average hotel, dark, gloomy rooms, no lights by the bed nor by the headboard! If you are vegetarian , then you don't have too many choices in a Buffett.average service.it,s not a good place if you are traveling with family and children since all cheap adult massage places are next to it .
I would not recommend this hotel.

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

For an average price of THB3000 a nite inclusive of breakfast for two, for a deluxe room, this is a good option for a budget stay in Bangkok.
Hotel is old but there was some renovations done to the deluxe room. Room is clean, spacious and comfortable. Hotel has a small nice swimming pool and a huge gym, which is great for a tourist class hotel.
The buffet Breakfast has a good selection, especially local thai food. Ate in the hotel coffee house too for lunch and the thai fried noodles is not too bad too.
Hotel is very popular with tour groups and the surrounding may not be "convenience" for some due to the numerous "massage centres" in this area, but generally it is safe to walk round at night. There is a local night market behind the hotel, about 10 mins walk away.
Hotel is not located in the city centre, but the metro station across the road from the hotel is convenience to get to the city centre, about 10-15 mins ride away.
Chatuchak weekend market is a short 10mins ride away by taxi from hotel.
For a good meal, Somboon Seafood Restaurant and Kwang Seafood Restaurant are both 5 mins walk away.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Mount Gambier, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

Stayed in this hotel many times over 25 years and deterioration started about 12 months ago. Rooms are ok, large enough for 3 persons, clean and well appoimted. Bathrooms a l little tired now. Breakfast still very good but the staff attitude has tumbled with not a word from the doormen and very few smiles in evidence. Maybe it's the political situation but thats no excuse to treat tourists this way.

• Stayed December 2013
Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here with a group mid November for three nights. I must say that for a hotel that is not new, the condition of the hotel facilities is good. Somehow you do see any character of the hotel; I wonder if it is because the staff are so 'quiet' and not what you would expect in Thailand, where people generally greet you with a 'sawadee' and a smile. At the check out desk, cafe, lobby, the staff are just pleasant enough, not rude at all, but.... just like strangers.

I accidentally left the 'do not disturb' light on when I let my room for dinner. This actually prevented my key card from opening the door when I came back. Fortunately, there was a housekeeping staff nearby who told me she would inform the front desk. Unfortunately, I waited for about 15 minutes and no one came to help. I went down to the ground floor and fortunately there was a staff there. Unfortunately, he did not speak English and just stood there expressionless when I told him about my predicament. Fortunately, I saw another staff walking passed and he took my key card and came back in 5 minutes telling me that they have disabled the 'do not disturb' control.

The breakfast spread is not bad. The nearby metro takes you to shopping attractions and restaurants in a jiffy.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Patong, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

We booked through Agoda and got a Superior with breakfast included for something around $70 but even though we booked a non smoking room with a king size bed, we were offered a smoking room when we got there. We had in the back of our minds that we might upgrade to a Deluxe anyway because we had some rewards points up our sleeve when we booked, so this is what we ended up doing.
Found the room bright, spacious and well appointed. Nothing much to complain about in that regard. We found the bed extremely hard and the pillows extremely unsupportive....flattened down to nothing really. No power point in the bathroom for hairdryer was a bit funny.
Mini bar was a bit of a mystery. Apart from the spirits and peanuts on the shelf, the fridge contained 3 different waters (excluding the 2 complimentary) and a toblerone! There was nothing to indicate what they cost despite calling reception who said they would bring the cost sheet up to our room....never came. When I asked again next morning, I was advised they would ask housekeeping to leave one in the room.....never happened. That day 2 juices appeared as well. But I still have no idea what anything cost.
Found the breakfast good with an extensive menu to cover all tastes. Had to request our coffees....nobody comes around asking what you want, yet self serve wasn't an option.
Agree with other reviewers that the staff could be a bit more friendlier and helpful.....a few more smiles. This place was a bit different for us. We usually stay in smaller, boutique style hotels where you get treated with more personal and welcoming attention. We are simple country folk and felt this style of hotel didn't really suit us and would look for something smaller next time.
Having said that though, the hotel has a bit of style and was not that hard to put up with. :)

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Emerald Hotel? Share your experiences!