“Just one night because...” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Elizabeth Hotel

and 1 more site!
You added Elizabeth Hotel to your Saves list
Elizabeth Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   169/51 Pradipat Road, Saphankwai, Bangkok 10400, Thailand (Phayathai)   |
Ranked #547 of 772 Hotels in Bangkok
Bangkok, Thailand
“Just one night because...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012

...the other hotel called 'The Karmanee' wanted to charge me more because I am a foreigner (900 for Thais, 1,200 for you!). I don't agree with that kind of thing which is rife in Thailand (my wife is Thai and I've worked here for a very long time). So, to The Elizabeth. My wife and I got there early evening and left the next morning to find somewhere a bit newer without that old musty smell! Actually it was okay, we slept well but the place has seen much better days. Just for a night... there are much better places around for the same price.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Thai first
Budakeszi, Hungary
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2011

Had to find a place before we flew off to Vietnam, so decided we'll stay here. What a bad decision... rooms are shared with bugs, brr. Bathroom is not so clean.
They have all-you-can-eat breakfast downstairs, but the restaurant operates as locale/bar at nighttime. Expect lots of noises at night. :S

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
Koh Chang, Thailand
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2010

We had been driving for hours and needed a place to stay quickly. The rate was 1,200, including a so-called breakfast. Mostly Thai dishes, so as other reviewers say, not one for westeners really.

The hotel is tired, and musty, but reasonably clean. Also close to Chatuchak Market which is what we wanted the next day.

A strange extractor fan near the floor level below the window. Most odd. It wanted to suck out the curtains. Maybe if you did your cooking in the room this could be useful, but I really can't fathom its purpose.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Phitsanulok, Thailand
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2009

This once stylish upscale hotel, is now very old and tired and it shows. Unlike most older hotels in Thailand, desk staff absolutely refuse to negotiate a reasonable rate. It was obvious the hotel had few guests. We paid 1,200 baht including breakfast. We were tired and did not feel like shooping around so we reluctantly agreed. The room was OK but very worn. The breakfast buffet was not tasty at all. For foreigners, eggs (not cooked to order) toast and hot dogs. (no bacon or ham). I can only describe the coffee as insipid. The rest was Thai food, which I found not tasty at all and my Thai wife agreed, in fact she said it was very bad.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Bangkok
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2008

The hotel is average, good enough for me. Breakfast was OK. However the farang rate for us was 1,200 baht. My wife went in first and they told here 1,000 baht when I walked in and said I was with her they said the farang rate is 1,200. Amazing Thailand.

• Stayed December 2008
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Hua Hin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2007

This is the first time I have taken the time to write a review.My wife and I had the same experience as the people from Ravensburg.
We were told 900 baht and as we got to the desk the price was raised to 1400 because I am white.

Too late to change we stayed one night.

The hotel smelled musty the room was shabby and the bathroom needed repairing.

There are only about 7 tv channels all Thai.

Breakfast was Thai except for some small sausages and eggs which had been there for ages and were cold.

Unbelievably in the room was an open extract fan built into the wall about 12 inches from the floor under the window.
We were scared to let the children on their own near it in case they put a finger in.

The place is a disgrace, we would not stay there again.

Unfortunatley I have been over charged in other Thai hotels and made the mistake of complaining.

Dont bother they just make it worse.
I wish I had read this earlier, I will definitly check this site before I go to Bangkok again.

Hope it helps.

• Liked — leaving
  • Disliked — an unprotected extractor fan at the perfect height and postion for a toddler to lose a finger
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2006

The hotel is reasonable for its rates. The room is of reasonable size and the toilet is clean. But the corridor has a weird smell and is quite unpleasant. The bar fridge food is cheaply available. But its really hard to order room service coz the staff don't really understand much English and the only dish we tried was terrible. The breakfast has a mixture of Thai food and limited Western food. So if you are looking for American Breakfast, this is not for you. However, the local food, of the dishes that I tried, are quite refreshing and nice.

The hotel is near Chachuchak Weekend Market and Airport but its a bit far if you wanna go to Siam Square. Overall, I feel that for the price of the hotel stay, it is good enough,with some minor problems which I guess come with most of the hotels.

• Stayed January 2006

Been to Elizabeth Hotel? Share your experiences!