“Feel Cheated by Best Western” 1 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #128 of 772 Hotels in Bangkok
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Feel Cheated by Best Western”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I was travelling with my family to Bangkok and hence booked Best Western so that I am assured of a good quality in my budget. When I booked the hotel - the cancellation policy stated that I can cancel the hotel on the same day with 1 night charges as penalty. I got a special rate for booking for 3 nights. When we reached the hotel, we found that there is no room service in the hotel and it is a very lonely place with no places to eat nearby and since we had to leave out children at the hotel, we required room service. SO we wanted to cancel the hotel. But we were informed that it is non-refundable. when we checked the website, the policy still stated the same. we paid the full money hoping that next day Manager would come and everything will be alright. But alas, on the website the cancellation policy was changed the next day and manager refused to refund our money... THis is certainly not expected from a hotel of a stature of best western..I feel totally cheated..anyone let me know how can I resolve this.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
BalvinderG, Manager at BEST WESTERN Klassique Sukhumvit, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Thank you very much for writing a review. We do appreciate that you have taken the time to give some feedback.

Whilst I do understand your frustration but you have judged our hotel on only one factor and not given a true representation of our hotel or our facilities.
You booked a very special deal that gave a very special rate for the 3 nights booked and it was made clear that one of the conditions of this deal was that it was non refundable. This condition is common practice at hotels when offering very special deals as once booked the rooms are no longer available for customers paying standard rates. We also offer very good deals with more flexibility that can be cancelled with a refund however you did not opt for one of these deals.
We have not changed our cancellation policy on our website or within the hotel. We do make our policies very clear for all our customers to be aware off as we believe that customers should know all details before choosing which rate best suits their needs.
We do understand that you were unhappy that we do not offer room service, however we are close to an area of Bangkok with many restaurants and street vendors many of which will deliver to the hotel on request offering a much greater choice than we can from our kitchen.

We do take our customers feedback seriously and although I do feel that in your review you have misrepresented our hotel on the whole I am happy to offer a gesture of our goodwill and to offer you a free night at our hotel the next time that you are in Bangkok.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact us on +6622532993 or email klassiquesukhumvit@gmail.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

The hotel is located on one side of Bangkok and cabbies either don't know it or don't want to come here. It is virtually impossible for you to hail a taxi on your own from the hotel. The one option of travel is the skytrain and the hotel's tuk tuk drops you off to On nut (station) about a mile away.
The rooms we got were terribly cramped with the toilet doors having transparent glass on the top and bottom (2ft each)..as a result anyone entering the room could see the commode clearly.
The free internet was not working most of the time.
Mr. Bob, the property manager is a very nice man and extremely helpful..

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
BalvinderG, Manager at BEST WESTERN Klassique Sukhumvit, responded to this review, June 23, 2013

I am sorry to hear that you were not entirely satisfied with our location although you have marked us high on cleanliness and sleep quality which are important factors for many guests.

We are located fairly close to many amenities and provide a free service to the local Sky Train Service which is the preferred means of travel for many locals as the road traffic including taxis can get stuck for long periods.

We are a relatively new hotel so it does take time for taxi drivers to learn about us however many are now adding us to their knowledge base.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

I was in Bangkok in May this year with my family and made a booking for a family room. I was travelling with my family. Hotel is nice and they offered me free wifi in the hotel without any additional charge. Room was very good. neat and clean. Easy access to the train so you can go around the city. If I go to Bangkok again, I will use this hotel again

Room Tip: If you are with family, ask for room on the 5th floor as they have big rooms there
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
BalvinderG, Manager at BEST WESTERN Klassique Sukhumvit, responded to this review, June 18, 2013

Thank you for the room tip for families. We are very much a family friendly hotel and we do try and allocate the right rooms for them.

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and we look forward to welcoming you at our hotel the next time that you are in Bangkok.

Manila
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

Kudos to the hotel management and staff. We had a good stay.

Pre-checkin - Their manager Bob was very accommodating. He found a way for me to reserve with my hesitation to give my credit card details via email. Kudos too to Paul, their Asia Sales Manager who helped me book this reservation.

Checkin - Quick and hassle free. What a tired traveler looks for.

Price - Agoda gives you points but does not know details aboutthe hotel except what's in their computer systems. Better email the hotel/book through the hotel directly and don't forget to be a member of Best Western's rewards programs. Definitely an affordable place to stay without sacrificing quality.

Room - Basic but clean. Big bed. Bathroom a little small for me but it wasn't a deal breaker. Flat TV, safe and fridge provided. Nothing in minibar and no slippers provided though. Our room was located beside the bridge / flyovers so there were some noise at times but not too loud.

Location - Free tuktuk service around the area, since it's about a 15-20 minute walk to On Nut train station. Tuktuk service only available till 8pm though. Taxi drivers are unaware where it is as it's pretty complicated to get here. Ask for directions in Thai from them via email and have the taxi driver call them if that does not work. The last cab driver we took from On Nut station could not figure out how to get there and we ended up paying THB65, for what shoulda been a THB35 ride. The walk to BTS though provides a peek into Thai street life without the pretentious touristy stuff.

Staff - Good job to all front desk staff. Was delighted to find a helpful Filipino (Joyce) who gave us valuable advice on where to go. Nok also helped us with our taxi reservation to the airport (THB400) and was very warm and accommodating. Walee also made sure my WIFI connection worked and even went up to the room to explain that I needed to logout everytime I leave to not be loacled out. A little inconvenience on the Wifi but manageable. The tuktuk driver too made small talk with us and was very concerned about our welfare, e.g. How much we paid the taxi etc. Nok and Joyce also tried to help when i thought a local department store charged my credit card three times.

All in all, staff seemed all well-trained and spoke good English. Genuine Thai smiles which made our stay better.

Housekeeping - they didn't refill our toiletries on our 2nd day but clean towels were provided. No toothbrush or toothpaste provided.

Around the area - It's close to residential buildings so you see how Thais live day to day in this side of BKK. Big C and Tesco are two small shopping centers with a
Supermarket that are 10-15 minutes away by foot. No convenience store close but support local businesses and buy from Thai stores - it's a lot cheaper compared to 7-11.

Checkout - Walee made sure that since we are in hurry to get to the airport, that checkout is fast. Thanks Walee!

Thanks Best Western Klassique! Hope to see you again!

• Stayed June 2013
BalvinderG, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Klassique Sukhumvit, responded to this review, June 23, 2013

Thank you very much for a comprehensive review that I am sure will help other visitors when deciding to stay with us.
We are glad to her that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you will return again
Thank yoiu als for your comments with regards to our staff which is very much appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you at our hotel the next time that you are in Bangkok.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Travelling as a family with young kids is always an issue for my family. Not many hotels would accomadate my 2 kids not unless we want to get an extra bed for them or get a family room which we rather not. We prefer to spend that extra bed or family room charges on something else more worthwhile and memorable. Best Western Klassique has their concern too with regards to my kids and their answer is simple, "If you don't mind sharing your bed with your kids, we're ok." That answer gave me a huge relieve. I mean while hotels worry about the guest comfort albeit making profit, at the end of the day, the guest has their own preference and that should be respected. By doing that, I can guarantee that the guest will be wanting to return to the same hotel again. I would definitely return to Best Western Klassique for this absolute reason. Aside from down wifi which I'm sure it's just a one time thing just like the saying goes, "I was at the wrong place at the wrong time" situation. Wrong place not but wrong time more like it. Everything else is a breeze. Beautiful, modern deco. Huge bathroom with attached hair dryer. Comfy bed.
2 x safe boxes. Huge plasma TV. Coffee and tea with kettle is also provided and of course water bottle replenished without fail daily. The staffs also spoke good english and would recommend places to go. There was even hotel tuk tuk that chauffeured us to the On Nut BTS or Tesco & Big C to and fro and it's for free.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

BalvinderG, Manager at BEST WESTERN Klassique Sukhumvit, responded to this review, June 6, 2013

Travelling as a family can be a problem and we are glad to help in any way that we can.

We apologize for the wifi problem. I can assure you that it was short term (as mentioned in the previous review that it was sorted) and that we always do our best to sort problems out quickly. These technical problems are out of our control.

We are happy to hear that you liked our big bathrooms, our in-room facilities and our modern deco.

Next time you visit we hope to change your review title from "Almost Perfect" to 'The Perfect Place to Stay"

Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I have made a trip to Bangkok with my spouse in May 2013 and stay at this newly renovated 3 star hotel. The location is nice and quite with a 5 minute slow walking distance to On Nut BTS station, where a hypermarket, Tesco, just next to the station. Along the road to the station, there were many hawkers selling fruits and food. The staff are very helpful and friendly. During my stay, there is a slight hick-up on the WiFi system in the room (resolved on the last day of my stay), the staff even allow me to use their office lap-top to check some of my emails. There is free tuk-tuk service from the hotel to the BTS station but its better to walk when it is heavy traffic during peak period to save some time. The Thai massage parlor around the hotel was cheap compare to those around the happening area. Most shops around the hotel close at 22.00. We had a very present stay in the hotel and planned to visit again within a year with a bigger crowd.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

We do apologize for the hic-up with the wifi in your room. Sometimes problems beyond our control happen and we do try to fix them as soon as we possibly can. When problems do arise our staff, as you have experienced, do try an help in whatever way they can (using the office laptop in this case).

Our location is good, just a short distance away from a Sky Train Station and just a few stops away on the Sky Train from the main business and entertainment area. Around the hotel there are many businesses that are much better value than in the main areas so you do get great value whilst being within easy access of of the main shopping and entertainment areas.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

I come to Bangkok very often as live in SIngapore and its cheap to travel on the weekend for a short holiday. A lot of hotels are there in Sukhumvit and some time its not easy to chose the right place to stay. I have been staying at this hotel since last few times and could say that this is the right place to stay. Rooms are nice and the location is convenient, close to the smky train station,. you can also ask the hotel to dropm you at the train staio0mn which is just a couple of minutes ride by their Tuk Tuk shuttle service. On the whole, its a great place to stay and worth the price you pay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

You are right that there are many hotels in Sukhumvit and we are aware that our customers have a choice. This is why we try very hard to give great value and a great service from friendly helpful staff. We have a high percentage of returning customers which we believe means we are getting most things right.

All the staff at Klassique Sukhumvit thank you for choosing our hotel.

Been to BEST WESTERN Klassique Sukhumvit? Share your experiences!