“Best dorm beds ever” 5 of 5 stars
Review of HI Mid Bangkok

HI Mid Bangkok
You added HI Mid Bangkok to your Saves list
HI Mid Bangkok
481/3 Victory Monument, Ratchawithi Road, Phayathai, Bangkok 10400, Thailand   |
Ranked #61 of 565 Specialty Lodging in Bangkok
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
“Best dorm beds ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

I have stayed here several times, totally more than 30 days. The dorm beds are literally the best ones I have ever used. You can have your own private cabin, some storage space and a curtain. The AC works great. The cleanliness is also the best among all the hostels I've been to. For only one night I stayed in a triple room with 2 friends. I think that's not a great price for such a small room.

Room Tip: The 3-bed room on F2 is too small for 3 people. I don't know other rooms. Any dorm room is fine.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Penang Island, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

A great find for Bangkok - one we will come back to. It has a convenient location near the Victory Monument and BTS skytrain. The hostel itself is located down a small quiet alleyway and has a courtyard-house feel to it. The reception/lounge/breakfast area is lovely, with comfortable seating and a mezzanine level, which the children loved. I took a look at the array of day-tours on offer and would have loved to have had time to have indulged - cycling through Bangkok, or floating up river to Ayutthaya - hopefully next time!
The rooms here are lovely, roomy, clean, comfortable beds with clean bed-linen and a good-size very lovely modern bathroom and shower with glass partition.
A simple self-serve breakfast is included in the price of the room; taken downstairs in the lovely seating area: tea and coffee, cereals and toast, and bananas too. just a nice unexpected little extra. Will definitely make this our place to stay every visit to Bangkok.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

We stayed in this hostel when we first arrived in Bangkok. It is easy to get to on the train from the airport. We had a double room (room 507) on the 5th floor and it was just fine, decent enough shower with free shampoo, body wash etc. There are washing machines, lines and pegs on the 6th floor so you can do your own laundry. The breakfast was enough to get you going in the morning, cereal, coffee, tea, toast. The location is very good, not too touristy and near the sky train. it is also 2 minutes from the shopping Mall. We also booked the same room at the end of our trip. The Bangkok protests were going on the day before we were flying home and we had spent the day at the floating market and Kanchaburi. we had problems getting back into Bangkok as the police has diverted traffic and closed some roads. When we got back to the hostel we told them of our concerns re getting to the airport for an early morning flight. They said they will have a taxi waiting for us at 2.30am and they did! The taxi driver was in his cab outside the hostel and we got to the airport in 20 minutes. Excellent customer service!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

I've stayed at the Hi Mid several times and there's a reason I keep coming back. The staff are friendly--with the number of times that I've stayed here they now treat my like family--and always remember a face. The rooms are clean and comfortable, I've stayed in both the dorms and in private rooms and you can't really go wrong either way. The bathrooms for the girls dorm is nice and clean (I think it's cleaned everyday) and the private bathrooms are kept spotless as well. It's situated not far from the Victory Monument BTS station which makes getting around BKK a lot easier.

For the quality of the room, the price is very reasonable. I've never had a problem and I highly recommend the hostel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Selangor
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

We stayed at Mid Bangkok for two nights in a double room. Having experienced the previous stay at the sister hostel Hi-Mid Sukhumvit, this time we put our teenage son in a dorm, therefore we can have bigger space for our bags & a tiny place to perform our prayer. The room size is small but comfy enough for two. The dorm room is better than the one in Hi-Sukhumvit, clean & comfy as well (according to my son). I was glad there’s a washing room at the 6th floor because I can wash & dry our clothes after the long journey prior to Bangkok (50baht/token/wash). Pitt the owner trained his staffs very well therefore you always find them in friendly manner & they’re always very helpful. The location is very close to Victory Monument BTS & there are many vendors & convenient shops around that area including ‘fashion mall’ to cater your needs.

Others:
- Luggage room – Yes!
- Elevator – Yes!
- Basic self service breakfast – Yes!
- Huge lounge room & common room – Yes!
- FREE WiFi – Yes!

Overall a nice stay & highly recommended!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Southampton, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Excellent location close to Victory Monument BTS and very close to Hope Academy, for anyone who is doing TEFL course there. Is not the cheapest hostel in Bangkok, but the rooms are good, I stayed in 10 bed dorm room, washrooms are clean, they even provide soap and shampoo in the showers.
The best thing about this hostel is the staff, they are all very friendly, speak very good English and are more than willing to help with any problems you have. I needed to print out several documents for a Chinese visa, they were more than happy to help any way they could. Although I would say printing was quite expensive at 10baht per page!
I would absolutely recommend this to anyone visiting Bangkok

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dhaka City, Bangladesh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Close to the BTS Victory Monument, shopping malls around and nice staff. The dorm room is airconditioned and has a curtain for privacy. I didn't like the fact that I had to put the bedsheets myself but I guess that assures cleanliness. The showers don't drain that well. Overall it was a good stay for me.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Been to HI Mid Bangkok? Share your experiences!