“Time warp.beam me up spotty.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Nana Hotel

You added Nana Hotel to your Saves list
Nana Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4 Nana Tai Sukhumvit Road, Bangkok 10110 , Thailand (Wattana)   |
Ranked #375 of 761 Hotels in Bangkok
Chiang Mai, Thailand
“Time warp.beam me up spotty.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

This hotel is from a bygone age and obviously relies on its oversea bookings and the corporate club who's company pays for them.the hotel is outdated and I was pissed off that on booking in the inferred my girlfriend was a prostitute by only offering one complimentary breakfast which was buffet style and everything from eggs to tomatoes were cold.On entering the bar,before I could even get a drink an old woman with more make up than coco the clown flicked her tongue at me like some crazed monitor lizard and pointed to her sagging breasts which were literally spilling from her dress.On politely refusing I then got the evil eye and felt uncomfortable being there.the decor was dated and holes were in both some walls and carpets and on asking about tours I was amazed that the woman didn't even get up from eating and when I asked a second question raised her voive saying that she didn't go to the place I was asking rude and way past her sell by date obviously has a friend somewhere because in Europe she would be fired.A horror show all round except for the younger staff who were polite and helpful.American management take note,the old guard has to go ..

Room Tip: A. Lot better and cheaper hotels a short walk down the rd save 600 baht.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Tromso, Norway
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

This is a great location. You get a free breakfast if you manage to wake up in the early hours. Also a free welcome drink. They have a pool and also good food in the restaurant. They have security in the first floor.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
london
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

Back in Bangkok for the start and the end of the trip, like so many others.
As much as I like to try new things there is a sense of security and stability staying somewhere you know and are comfortable.
It's still great value for money, 1490 baht a night, great buffet breakfast, swimming pool, free drink, 30 mins Wi-Fi. Total free WiFi would be better, it will come eventually.
Near the sky train, nice staff.
Many will disagree but when you feel happy why go else where?

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Winchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

Some might view the Nana Hotel as time worn but this is a perfect place to stay for business or pleasure. The room I stayed in was clean, reasonable size and the aircon worked. I don't travel to live my day in a hotel room so I don't need more than this. Didn't try the breakfast or avail myself of the complimentary drinks but I'm sure they would be acceptable.

I should not that before my trip the hotel staff were most understanding and accommodating when my travel plans changed and I needed to amend my booking. Likewise, they did not bat an eyelid when I checked out early when sickness forced my return to UK.

Only 1 minor negative is the bathroom size. Functional but a little small.

I would happily stay here again and recommend others to do the same

Room Tip: I stayed on the 11th floor with no problems but haven't experienced other rooms
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Bombay
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

Let me say this, I am a die-hard Nana Hotel fan. It's easy to dismiss the Nana Hotel -- as many do -- as old, dull, cheap, sleazy even. But in the past 12 years that I have travelled to Bangkok, I must have stayed at the Nana at least three-fourths of the time. At its price of 1490 baht a night I find Nana a great deal in Bangkok, given its splendid prime location, lavish breakfast, and clean, fresh linen at all times.

A very important criterion for me is, how clean are the bedsheets, the towels, how fresh do they smell when you pat your face dry after a wash. Nana's towels have been consistently fresh, clean and fragrant and instil confidence. The security is really good, and though you see some tough looking guards prowling around, they are actually quite friendly with the guest. There is no free wifi. You need to buy vouchers daily and, considering the low room tariff, it's not a bad deal.

The breakfast is a nice spread of western and continental fare, fruits, juices, breads and unlimited hot tea/ coffee with obliging, cheerful waiters/waitresses livening up the experience. Most any room will have a good view of either Sukhumvit Road in front or the inner Soi 4 at the rear. The rooms are large, with ample daylight so that you hardly need to use the lights, and the bed is massive and comfortable. In my opinion, one of the best hotel choices in Bangkok.

Room Tip: Rooms at the rear, overlooking Soi 4, are quieter.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Philippines Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

I was very happy with the quality of the long time Bangkok hotel, the Nana. I have lived in Bangkok previously so I used to go eat there a lot but never stayed inside one of the rooms until recently. I had heard they had been refurbished and for only 1490 baht which includes a free drink and excellent all you can eat Western style breakfast buffet. You truly can't beat the price, quality and overall service. Be sure to ask for a refurbished room facing the Sukhumvit Side of the building to get a good view of the city.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a refurbished room facing the Sukhumvit Side of the building to get a good view o...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Prague, Czech Republic
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

We stayed in Nana Hotel for two nights and it was one of the worst experiences in Thailand. For our next oversleeeping in BKK we choosed another hotel.

Although we were in the 9th floor the noise from outside was horrible. The bathroom was not clean. Breakfast was not tasty. If you need something the people on the reception were not helpful. And the hotel is full of old men from europe with young thai girls. It is awful!

The only good thing is the location of the hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Nana Hotel? Share your experiences!