“Great service” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #416 of 772 Hotels in Bangkok
AUSTRALIA
“Great service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2008

Good place to stay as a cut above budget, travelled with family of 4 adults. Clean and friendly hotel, rooms cleaned daily very efficient, nice buffet breakfast with plenty to offer. Very handy to markets and Plantinum and Pantip plaza. My only concern was the lack of immediate places to eat outside the hotel.

• Liked — THAI HOSPITALITY
  • Disliked — HARD BEDS
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Melbourne Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2008

Location is brilliant for a couple of days. 30 Second walk from the clothes markets & only a 10 min tuk tuk ride from MBK etc etc. The room was very clean & comfortable for a 3.5/4 star hotel & the pool great & aesthetic for a city hotel (don't expect a resort type pool from Phuket). Was given a late check out for free (2.00pm) & was able to use the pool until we left at 5.00pm. Had two interconnecting rooms for our family of five on the 17 th floor which was perfect. People have whinged it is hard to get a taxi etc from this location -we had no problem at all so chill out & enjoy what will be a great holiday.

Stayed July 2008
Newtown, Connecticut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2008

I thought that $100 a night in Bangkok would get me a pretty nice room. Boy, was I mistaken. We were greeted by a gloomy hotel with a gloomy reception, gloomy hallways, gloomy rooms. Walking barefoot was questionable and the food was even more so. The showerhead only came up to mid-chest on my spouse (who is only 5'11") and had no water pressure to boot. We often saw old white men with extremely young girls walking back to their room. This hotel provided no oasis from the craziness of Bangkok, something that is much needed after all the hustle and bustle. Lumps in the bed and a bar right across the middle of the mattress made for very uncomfortable nights.

The brightside of this hotel was their driver service. We took a day trip to the floating market and paid a very reasonable sum. Our driver kind of adopted us while we were in Bangkok and took us to see some amazing things. He would just wait patiently all day for us.

• Liked — driver service
  • Disliked — food and rooms
  • Stayed December 2004, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Newcastle, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2008

I'm sorry that i've only just gotten around to reviewing this hotel.

Although we only stayed here for one night on our way home from the Philippines to Australia, I was pretty disappointed.

The lobby was very impressive and large, and the service was great. The thai restaurant we ate at was also wonderful. But that's pretty much all i can say that is positive with this hotel.

When we arrived we waited around for someone to serve us for a good 5 minutes, becuause the two assistants were busy with other peopel complaining. Right then I looked over at my husband and he and i exchanged looks meaning to say "Oh God...I hope we aren't going to have any problems.

The first customers complaint was that they were being charged on their room service that they did not get, order or eat. The second was that they were having trouble finding their reservations. Anyway we waited quitely until they finished with them and then it was our turn. I had my fingers crossed that they have not lost our reservations. Luckly they didn't and we checked in fine.

Got up to our room which was pretty small compared to what we have been used to on our honeymoon so far...sorry did i forget to mention that we were just finishing off our honeymoon? Anyways, there was kind of a stale smell to the room, as if it hasn't been aired out in a while, which my husband and i really didn't complain about, because it was just going to be for 1 night. The bathroom was pretty small also, and the toilet took a few goes to flush propertly.

Check out was early in the morning, so they weren't that busy and we were served straight away. There were no problems there.

I've given it a 3star rating only because this hotel smeed to need an upgrade. But the service was pretty good.

• Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2008

This place was highly recommended by my travel agent. The journey started at the airport where you choose your method of transport. I had just come in around 10am from Helsinki and hours before from Paris. The first thing you notice is the difference of temperature and humidity. Because I was keen to get to the hotel and rest, I chose a limo service, I think it was around 1100 Bart. around $40Aus. I was given a 9 seater mini bus for the trip. The alternative was the meter taxis. The hotel to me was an oasis. I was on the 15th floor executive rooms. The room was extremely comfortable with a great view. The restaurant on the ground floor was convenient and cosy for my lunch. The area around the hotel is a 'mecca' for shopping. Whilst you could buy almost anything, I was concerned with the heat and humidity and returned to the comfort of the hotel. Breakfast was excellent and later I had lunch in the hotel's Ming Court restaurant where they prepared me my favorite dish, rice noodle with sliced beef, not on the menu, not a problem and absolutely delicious. The hotel desk staff were very friendly and advised me to take a meter taxi back to the airport. The hotel organised the taxi and it was only 400 Bart. At an exchange rate of 20:1 it was very good value. The travel agent was 'spot on' about this great hotel.

• Liked — Great ambience - wonderful meals
  • Disliked — I don't can point to anything of significance
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Delhi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2008

We stayed in Indra regent for 4 days..and we were booked through a trravel agent..
The hotel seemd to be tired and not at all lively..
Now once recieved us at the Lobby..no bell boy !!! how come they leave a chance to earn tips !!
We dragged our own luggage to our room..the person at the front desk seemed to wind up his task asap and leave..

The breakfast..Be there by 9:00 else most of the menu would just vanish off...not much of variety in the taste and menu..
rom service very lousie...
hotel and rooms are clean though....
there's abuffet dinner and lunch arranged at the hotel- better skip it..very expensive by the value you get...
Most of the staff is is the age group of 40-60 ....think they all have lost their smile somewhere..
On checking out the bell boy was quick o grab our luggage till the taxi..but we chose not to tip him just for the skae of it...

The only positive is the hotel location.right on the pratanum..still away from the hustle..can easilty catch a tuk tuk or a taxi to any place in front of the hotel....some good eating joints near the hotel too...

Stay here if you have few days to spent and more for shopping stay..

• Liked — cleanliness
  • Disliked — The service,Staff behaviour, Food
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
karachi, pakistan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2008

It offers good value for money. Its a 3 star hotel and is conveniently located 15 minutes walk from Central World Centre which is a big mall. It has a good cinema in their too. There is a cluster of few malls together.

Behind the hotel are good sub-continental restuarants. The location of the hotel is called pratunam which has on the road side a wholesale market. Hawkers selling cheap clothing. Cheap but long lasting have to admit. However your bargaining skills will be tested in Thailand.

Rooms are comfortable, a bit old but the location makes up for it.

• Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Indra Regent Hotel? Share your experiences!