“ALL ASPECT IS SO NICE” 4 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 stars 297 Reviews
Jakarta, Indonesia
“ALL ASPECT IS SO NICE”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

this the first time i stay in this hotel because my friend recommended this hotel to me, and im not regret because since i arrived the satff greet us wih the best smile, check in n check out fast, the food is great i like it so much, and for sure i will come back to stay in ur hotel next month

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We recently stayed at The Mandarin Hotel managed by Centre Point we were delighted with the standard and would highly recommend the hotel. The staff were happy helpful and always pleasant. The food was excellent at breakfast however the hotel restaurant wasn't up to the same standard of service. Our starters arrived 15 minutes after the main course due to some miscommunication between the waiter and the kitchen staff, which at least we found amusing although it was my 50th birthday meal and no champagne was available either. Apart from this minor set back we would have no hesitations in staying here again the room was well maintained and spot less we were very impressed with the electric toilet. We would also recommend the 3 hour " Heavenly" massage package which was a real birthday treat for us both. This is a non smoking hotel with a hefty fine for smoking in th room.

Room Tip: Building site at the rear of the hotel which was a little noisey in the morning but didn't affec...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
San Ramon, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The hotel really tries to be a 4/5 star hotel but the details and basics are completely missed.

The good:
The lobby is amazing looking, very grandeur, 5 star all the way. There is one bell boy also wonderful, 5 star service for all three nights we were there. Breakfast like many said is very good. Large variety equates to a lunch buffet really. Loved the egg and noodle stations. Convenient location like many already described.

Not so great:
Minor point, but the pool was freezing! It's Bangkok, why is it so cold! Anyways, house keeping... Maybe the hotel is old but that's no excuse for grime all over the shower stalls. If it's cleaned meticulously everyday it wouldn't deteriorate to that degree (see picture). Also the sink, shelf where they put your toiletry there is visible crap on there. Simply wiping the area sound suffice but it was not done ever! Also I noticed the floor was never moped during our three night stay. I remember we left a food stain on the floor which stayed there everyday. Tsk tsk tsk. Also when we checked in there were hand/finger prints on our counter. I thought maybe it's stained due to use but nope I was able to wipe it right off. Lastly the king size bed is just two twins put together. I have no problem with that except please put a pillow top or something on top so I can't see the gap between the beds!

For a hotel that tries to sell itself as a 4/5 star hotel it is shameful to have missed all these simple, easily fixable details. Perhaps that is why the price point is relatively low. I would stay again but is a bit harsh on the rating, because I really wish the hotel fix itself because it has very high potential to be a true 5 star hotel.

Stayed November 2014
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Was is Bangkok a day ahead from attending a seminar in Pattaya. Booked a night stay at Manadrain Hotel managed by Centre Point. Accept for the location, other than that everything is ok. Rooms are clean, staffs are courteous and attentive, buffet breakfast spread good. Oh 1 other thing, the mattress used are not so good.

Room Tip: Our room faces the main road and it is just as quiet.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Last week I went to Bangkok, Thailand for a short meeting stayed in Mandarin Hotel managed by Centre Point, located at 662 Rama IV road.

A newly renovated hotel, clear and quiet big lobby, friendly stuff in the hotel lobby.

for the hotel room is very clean and all in white colour, comfortable air-condition, clear both room but don't had bathtub, big king size bad, in my had micro wave oven some more.

The hotel also provided free shutter bus service from hotel to the one of the bugger shipping mall like BKE, Siam square, Siam Paragon, but provided for come back to hotel, if do had will be much better, because due to traffic jam and short distance taxi drive do not want to take us or we need to pay more than the meter rates.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

great stay in the hotel, impressed by the concierge, they handle your luggage well without any problem. Read a lots of review regarding they have booked expensive taxi for tourists, to me not true, I have asked them to help me book taxi during my almost all of our outing, I always tell them to book meter taxi and they came without failed. the important thing is those con taxi driver, after they traveled out from hotel some will take slightly longer route some will bargain to do without meter,. so be sure you tell taxi is running by meter.

For the room, I have sent an email to double confirmed my booking and requested fo connecting rooms and a 3rd nearby room, because I booked through Expedia and I did not give my full detail in the 1st email, the hotel even called me to confirmed I have make a correct booking, after checking and confirmation, they attended all my request without failed. Well done.

The bed in the room is good, I have a child traveling with us, the super king size bed is big and more than enough to accommodate 3 of us, (asian medium size).

Although only used once but can see that the swimming pool and gym are well taken care.

Room Tip: i have been allocated 14th (highest floor), my room is facing a condominium, wanted privacy my curta...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
yorkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We got a really good deal on this hotel and on arrival it was very impressive! The rooms were smaller than expected but the bathroom was something else! Most hi-tec toilets we have ever used! They did everything apart from make your breakfast! The pool was nice and hubby used the gym, the breakfast was excellent with everything you could think of on a vast buffet which seemed to cater for breakfast, lunch and dinner! Didn't quite fancy stir fry and soup for breakfast! But there were make your own pancakes, eggs to order however you like them.
The location was ok and fairly simple to get to on public transport but no great views from his hotel.
The highlight for me at this hotel was the spa, I had the most amazing foot massage that literally sent me to sleep. It was magic.

• Stayed March 2014

Been to Mandarin Hotel Managed by Centre Point? Share your experiences!