“Great Hotel - near Downtown and Best Massage in Bangkok” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Somerset Park Suanplu

You added Somerset Park Suanplu to your Saves list
Somerset Park Suanplu
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   39 Soi Suanplu, South Sathorn Road, Bangkok 10120, Thailand   |
Special Offer
Festive Season Special
Ranked #183 of 766 Hotels in Bangkok
Laoag City, Laoag, Philippines
“Great Hotel - near Downtown and Best Massage in Bangkok”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

I try to stay at Somerset Hotels if they have a deal on etc - I joined their list so I get the offers - saved over 10,000 bhat on a 2 bedroom over 4 nights so saved lots!

One thing - taxi's don't know this hotel so well SO tell them is right by the Marriot Hotel AND keep saying Suanplu AND print out the address and once there get some cards from hotel front desk to show taxi drivers!

This room had carpets - kind of old - I didn't care - should tile it but whatever.

Was a 2 bedroom and was all good - amazing really - 21st floor - view of city day and night! Amazing pool and workout facilities.

Best Part - the Breakfast! I paid 300 bhat per person per day BUT at hotel was 250 Bhat so not sure why cheaper if not pay ahead =)

Location - a 50 bhat tuk tuk ride to McDonalds and Sizzlers - and then 120 Bhat to any mall downtown - Terminal 21 was my favorite - MPK I think was the other big one with TONS of bargains - in both malls the higher you go the better the price!

OH = the best massage - I read the reviews on Trip Advisor and went 4 times - was amazing - you can Facebook them to message them to book etc - Ruen Nuad Massage - again its a 50 Bhat tuk tuk ride - is very near this hotel!

Also - if you go - don't buy bhat at the airport - I got 29 bhat per $1 and at any mall I got closer to 31 per $1 so ya on 1500 I would of been 3,000 bhat - goes far in Thailand!

I ate at Sizzlers - amazing! Also Tony Romas at Terminal 21 - loved it!

I did the world's largest Market Chatuchak Market in Bangkok - took a tax i - you can do the train if you want but taxi's don't cost much!

Oh - and the train from the airport to downtown - did it - skip it - take a cab - lets you off at the end with nothing there but a busy road and taxi guys driving by - says taxi stand but that means this way to the street - trust me - take a taxi!

Enjoy! Amazing City and I live in Asia so I will go back and do it again and bring an extra suitcase!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Valter N, General Manager at Somerset Park Suanplu, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear DeanP,

Thank you for your great review on your recent stay with us.

We were delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. At the same time, we are happy to have met your expectations in service and quality standards. Receiving such positive feedback from our guests motivates us to further improve our commitment to delivering good service. Yes, becoming a member on our website (and it is free) certainly allows you to receive great member discounts at certain times of the year.

Once again, thank you for your valued patronage. From all of us at Somerset Park Suanplu, we look forward to welcoming you again at any one of our serviced residences.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Helsinki
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

This hotel-apartment block is situated along Thanon Suanplu just off South Sathorn Road in a nice peacefull garden. Arrival was welcoming, also check-in and out. The apartments are spacious and well equiped with kitchen and other amenities. There is a nice swimming pool and gymn on the 5th floor. Breakfast is adequate with a choice of Western and Asian dishes. Connections down town to the shopping areas are surprizingly fast by taxi considering the traffic along Sathorn. All in all this hotel should appeal to and satisfy most tastes, especially families, and is good value for money.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Valter N, General Manager at Somerset Park Suanplu, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear PeterHelsinki,

Thank you for choosing Somerset Park Suanplu as your accommodation during your holiday in Bangkok.

It is always encouraging for us to learn that our valuable residents are satisfied with our service.

We hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again in the near future.
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I love this hotel, and its the 3rd time that I have stayed there with my wife. The rooms are bright and spacious, the beds super comfortable, the staff warm and welcoming, and I was happy to pay for a weeks internet because the speed I got for it made getting things done very easy.

I only have one suggestion, and it's because I saw another hotel doing it in the area.
Regarding breakfast it would be great if the bacon was cooked fresh in smaller lots at the egg station, as what is in the bain marie gets very dry and isnt really that pleasant. Maybe cooked fresh in smaller amounts and served from the egg station might work?

I'll be back in late July for another 11 nights and look forward to seeing the staff who take care of me and my wife so well again.

Room Tip: High rooms for the views at night. They are also great if you happen to have a good storm come throu...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear auscotty1969,

We were delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. At the same time, we are happy to have met your expectations in service and quality standards. Receiving such positive feedback from our residents motivates us to further improve our commitment to delivering good service.

Thanks for your tip regarding the bacon. I note you are returning to us in July and would be pleased to meet you so we can make special arrangements with our restaurant operator.

Once again, thank you for your valued patronage. From all of us at Somerset Park Suanplu, we look forward to welcoming you back again in July.
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I almost stayed here for a month... and have nothing to complaint about.

I felt like its my second home.

The staff is warm and always smiling and ready to help.

Rooms are huge, and very tidy.

The swimming pool and Gym is also good.

the restaurant offers good breakfast and also have few but good selection for Lunch and Dinner menu..

the 7/11 next to hotel was very very very convenient... :)

Also there is huge local market just down the street..... a good walk in the evening will lift up ur mood easily...

The only issue is massage parlour inhouse is very expensive.... but there is one really good one just next to the Hotel...

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Dhananjay P,

Thank you very much for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay and feeling it was your home away from home. Our apartments are designed to give you that feeling and level of comfort expected.

Feedback such as yours inspire us to continually provide and improve the level of service that residents have come to expect and we are pleased that we met your expectations.

Our inhouse Day Spa offers top quality products like Jurlique and Spa services reflect product, service and surroundings. However, as you point out there are many options for massages within walking distance available that can suit all travellers budgets.

Once again, thanks for staying with us and we hope to welcome you back again soon.
Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

This hotel is good for a family trip. Actually I was visiting BKK last Feb 2012 for a business trip alone. I was quite surprise when I open my hotel room, actually it's not just a room but almost like an apartment for me. Really enjoy their services.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Dear achill99,

Thank you very much for taking the time to tell us about your stay last year. Your feedback will be shared with the entire team at Somerset Park Suanplu.

Feedback such as yours inspire us to continually provide and improve the level of service that residents have come to expect.

We do hope to welcome you back again soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

Lovely stay and never ever forget all happiness and best part you wont miss your home its so homely envrment
superb staff so helpful its just nt. good its purely good good ..and food part its mind blowing just need some vegetarian choice look forwrd to come

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Hemal6,

Thank you very much for your recent feedback and for choosing Somerset Park Suanplu as your ‘second home’.

We were delighted with your feedback regarding your recent stay and have shared your compliments with our team. We pride ourselves on the level of customer service that we provided and feedback such as yours is most encouraging.

We hope to welcome you back when next you travel to Bangkok.
Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

Spacious apartments in Satorn and a close ride only to main malls i.e. Siam Paragon etc.
Rooms are a little dated now but we do hope they will renovate soon.
Good breakfast, very friendly staff and overall good value for money. If you find a better apartment for families please let me know. Otherwise Somerset is a great choice.

Room Tip: Higher levels provide great views at night.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Valter N, General Manager at Somerset Park Suanplu, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
Dear change777,
Thanks for your review of your recent stay at Somerset Park Suanplu. I am happy to read you found good value and services.
I am pleased to confirm that later this year our owner is commencing a refurbishment program to update many aspects within the residences. More information will be released when we have a confirmed start date.
As always, it remains our firm commitment to provide our guests with a secure and pleasant stay experience with us, each and every time.
I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Been to Somerset Park Suanplu? Share your experiences!