I try to stay at Somerset Hotels if they have a deal on etc - I joined their list so I get the offers - saved over 10,000 bhat on a 2 bedroom over 4 nights so saved lots!
One thing - taxi's don't know this hotel so well SO tell them is right by the Marriot Hotel AND keep saying Suanplu AND print out the address and once there get some cards from hotel front desk to show taxi drivers!
This room had carpets - kind of old - I didn't care - should tile it but whatever.
Was a 2 bedroom and was all good - amazing really - 21st floor - view of city day and night! Amazing pool and workout facilities.
Best Part - the Breakfast! I paid 300 bhat per person per day BUT at hotel was 250 Bhat so not sure why cheaper if not pay ahead =)
Location - a 50 bhat tuk tuk ride to McDonalds and Sizzlers - and then 120 Bhat to any mall downtown - Terminal 21 was my favorite - MPK I think was the other big one with TONS of bargains - in both malls the higher you go the better the price!
OH = the best massage - I read the reviews on Trip Advisor and went 4 times - was amazing - you can Facebook them to message them to book etc - Ruen Nuad Massage - again its a 50 Bhat tuk tuk ride - is very near this hotel!
Also - if you go - don't buy bhat at the airport - I got 29 bhat per $1 and at any mall I got closer to 31 per $1 so ya on 1500 I would of been 3,000 bhat - goes far in Thailand!
I ate at Sizzlers - amazing! Also Tony Romas at Terminal 21 - loved it!
I did the world's largest Market Chatuchak Market in Bangkok - took a tax i - you can do the train if you want but taxi's don't cost much!
Oh - and the train from the airport to downtown - did it - skip it - take a cab - lets you off at the end with nothing there but a busy road and taxi guys driving by - says taxi stand but that means this way to the street - trust me - take a taxi!
Enjoy! Amazing City and I live in Asia so I will go back and do it again and bring an extra suitcase!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- These modern and superbly appointed serviced residences are nestled in a private garden, just minutes from the business district of Silom and Sathorn Road. Ideal for corporate housing and interim accommodation, each residence is designed for the discerning individual with contemporary designs and modern technological conveniences. Within walking distance to many business, cultural and tourist destinations, there is also convenient access or easy walk to Lumpini subway station will get you around Bangkok efficiently. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Despegar.com, Ctrip TA, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook and Tingo so you can book your Somerset Park Suanplu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Somerset Park Suanplu Bangkok
- Somerset Park Suanplu Hotel Bangkok