“good service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Silom City Hotel

You added Silom City Hotel to your Saves list
Silom City Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   72 Soi Prachum (Silom 22), Silom Road | Suriyawongse, Bangrak, Bangkok 10500, Thailand   |
Offers & Announcements
Free room upgrade
Ranked #182 of 772 Hotels in Bangkok
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Bangkok
“good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

We had to spend 1 day in Bangkok on our way back home and booked this cheap room just to have a space to leave our bags for the day and the possibility to have a shower before leaving to the airport. We were very surprized by the good service, the free upgrade we got to a bigger room (we were with our 2 children), the huge bed and the friendly people. ANd last but noy least: the lovely massages!!
Well done!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

I spent 3 nights at this hotel and found it to be the worst hotel that I have stayed in Bangkok and I have been to BKK many times.
The location is reasonable, but a bit far from the BTS.
The rooms are a good size and the beds comfortable enough.
However, I found broken glass which I stood on in the bathroom, that was OK no harm done and I did not cut myself.
I advised reception and they kindly offered to change rooms. As I had already done some hand washing and showered, I was not going to bother.
After I had been out for a walk, on my return I used the bathroom, and the toiled overflowed which was embarrasing and awful.
I went down to reception and advised of the dilema, feeling quite distressed at this stage.
So I did change rooms, the next room was better and the toilet did not overflow, thank goodness.
This room had a kitchenette, where ants were crawling on the bench and I also noticed coffee spillage, obviously from the last occupants.
After room service the next day, the coffee stains were still there, so I cleaned it.
The breakfast was nothing amazing and I have certainly had a whole lot better in BKK.
Reception were not rude, but they were not smiley or helpful.
About the nicest person I encounted was the doorman.
I will never stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

I have stayed here many times over a number of years and although not super luxurious, it is comfortable and has everything you need for a pleasant stay. The staff are lovely, everyone goes out of their way to help, and a special recommendation should be made for the ever friendly doorman, who has been there for years, features on their website, and is always smiling. Starting the day by having him opening the door puts you in a good mood immediately.

I find the location great, love the area, which has a local type market in both the soi where the hotel is, and the parallel one beside it. Many reasonably priced small restaurants, food stalls, fruit and flower garland sellers, a little bit of the old style Bangkok, before everything became more glitzy and westernised. Access to the skytrain at Chong Nonsi is an easy walk. Plenty of taxis, easy walk to Patpong night market.
I also love the breakfast, changes every day, western and asian choices and always something that a vegetarian can eat. It is buffet style, not lavish like the big hotels but very tasty. All food I have ordered from room service or eaten in the restaurant has been good also.

All in all, a gem in Bangkok, and I hope it stays like that for a long time

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Quezon City, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

My family and i stayed at the silom city hotel from june 9-11. Though the hotel is not on the main road of bangkok, it is accessible to major establishments. We feel the warmth of the staff and their personalized service. We're 7 and only 4 are covered by the hotel booking for breakfast but all of us were given breakfast at no extra cost. When we had problems with the tour package we booked, i called the receptionist and asked for help, within a few minutes they linked me to the travel agency. I will definitely recommend this hotel to family and friends who are looking for value for money accommodation.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Bogor, Indonesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

good location near market and food stalls, room interior bit old. foods in the hotel restaurant tasted quite good. Staff in receptionist are not friendly enough (rarely smile), but the bellboy and doorman they have verry good attitude (very friendly and helpfull).

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

I recently has a chance to visit Bangkok again and naturally I came back to Silom City Hotel. As always the hotel staff and services are way above average. This establishment not being part of a chain, you can feel their much more personal attention and the 'hearts' of all the people there. Moreover, it seems that they recently had a renovation, which made my experience all the more pleasant. What really made my experience this time, however, was the food! While always nice and authentic, this time there was a special chef that made excellent spaghetti with spicy olive oil sauce with bacon. It was so good that I will be sure to visit again just for the food alone.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Istanbul, Turkey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

Me & my husband stayed this hotel for 4 days on May. The staffs are very friendly & kind but they dont have ability to help for answering your questions about Bangkok. The hotel is very closed the silom road but you should walk about 3-4 min.There is an meat market on the way, it smells horrible. if you dont care luxury, the hotel is very good choise to stay in Bangkok because it is central & cheap. The breakfast is average but not too much options. it's very easy to find tuk tuk around the hotel ( dont forget drivers to ask discount about % 50 )

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Silom City Hotel? Share your experiences!