The hotel is in a great location, and has great simple, tasteful decor. This modern yet comfortable setting is surprisingly hard to find in Bangkok, where high end hotels tend to either be sparse modern decor, or overly stuffy and try too hard to be overly 'luxurious'. But this hotel, with modern, comfortable decor, has the elements balanced very well in design, with a great balance of light, large windows, and simple clean design. This hotel has the feel of a good New York or European hotel, and its a bit like staying in Times Square because of the central location, but it is generally quiet within the hotel.
The staff is generally good. Most of them are warm and gracious. Our room maid is wonderful.
But there are one or two sour lemons. One of the maids that cleans our room on our normal maid's days off, is rather cold and distant in personality, almost like she doesn't want to work. One of the room servers was similarly cold, until he realized that we had been tipping him written on the room service bill. Normal and gracious service should be extended to all guests as a rule, not in expecting of a tip or after the fact. They could all use some therapy and guidance, and lighten up a bit.
The facilities are good, but the hotel could use a lounge or library area. Right now, the only lounge area for reading is by the pool, but its impossible to stay there during half of the year in rainy season, because all the seating is under sky, with no roof. The TCDC next door has a good library and reading lounge, but it can only be accessed by walking through the circus-like mall and obtaining a membership.
The Emporium Suites hotel should open a lounge or library area indoors, much like executive lounges and libraries found at other high end hotels.
The pricing is mostly acceptable for the quality and location, but they have a strange policy of requiring 1-2 months rent for a deposit for monthly stays, and advance payment ahead of the month. Most hotels charge as normal stays, with monthly payment during or at the end of each month. There was also two approximately 12-page contracts that we needed to sign, with about 10 signatures required on each copy. The legal-accounting department seems to be a bit high-strung here. A standard hotel policy and payment would be more comfortable for guests who have not stayed here before.
The room service is acceptable, but not really that great currently. Many of the dishes are prepared cheaply, with excess salt, oil, and even MSG in their dishes. The ingredients are served very skimpily, especially main ingredients in a dish (a mozzarella tomato salad, for example, has about 1 ounce of mozzarella, a tiny amount for this standard dish). Since the profit margin is already very high, with high prices compared to the actual ingredients in the dish, the diner gets the feeling that the hotel restaurant cares more about profit than serving an honest and delicious meal.
The rooms could use some better amenities, like a bedside control panel. Currently, lights can only be turned off with individual switches, or a master switch that is on the other side of the room from the bed. The air conditioning controls are also located across the room. They should wire and install a simple control panel for all. Also, soap and other amenities are not provided after the first week, but normal hotels keep the guests stocked. Adding these standard amenities would greatly improve the rooms.
Overall, its a good place to stay, one of the more comfortable places in a good location in Bangkok, but still needs improvement.
- Also Known As:
- Emporium Suites By Chatrium Hotel
- Emporium Suites By Chatrium Hotel Bangkok
- Emporium Hotel Bangkok
- Bangkok Emporium Hotel
- Emporium Suites
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 5-star hotel and luxury-serviced residences on Sukhumvit 24, Bangkok You'll find the best of luxurious city living at Emporium Suites by Chatrium, located at the heart of Sukhumvit Road, one of Bangkok's main business districts and just 45 minutes from Suvarnabhumi International Airport. Right next door is the Emporium Shopping Complex, one of the city's most visited up-market destinations with exclusive shops, premium offices, dining and entertainment, while adjacent is the cool green oasis of Benjasiri Park. There's also direct covered access to BTS Skytrain which provides the fastest and most comfortable way of getting around the city.Complementing the convenience of its unrivalled location, Emporium Suites by Chatrium is a prestigious combination of 5-star hotel and serviced apartments offering the luxury of sheer space and the privilege of service excellence. The accommodation comprises a total of 376 smart suites in one- two- and three-bedroom configurations, all with floor-to-ceiling windows that take full advantage of natural light. It is also the only residence in Bangkok to offer Terrace Suites covering 330 sq m and Penthouses perched on the 42nd floor. All suites command panoramic city views and are luxuriously appointed, complete with ensuite bathrooms and fitted kitchens.Ranked among the best accommodation in Bangkok, the 5-star hotel and luxury serviced apartments of Emporium Suites by Chatrium ensure the setting, the service and the premium address you deserve, fulfilling business and leisure travellers' every need for a luxury stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Tingo, Hotels.com, Escapio, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Venere and Jetsetter so you can book your Emporium Suites by Chatrium reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.