It was cheap but also awkward and somewhat dissatisfying. The hotel I usually stay at in Silom (BKK) was under renovation and, somewhat ironically, they jacked up their room rates for the event. So this time I decided to check out something new: La Residence offers small rooms with big bathrooms and a small computer with internet access in the lobby. The rooms look, however, as if they have been unchanged since the 1970s, and the staff doesn't speak English (apart from one, someone nice lady with attitude who seems to take pride in her skills but overdoes it often and thus comes across unnecessarily rough).
The breakfast took place in an older, semi-classy room facing the main road. Even though they always asked what I wanted for breakfast, I always thought that they only had the items they eventually brought me. So the choices are limited to eggs, toast, a little jam and butter, (weird) juice and coffee.
To add to the awkwardness, you have to ring the bell at night to get in The worst was that the staff doesn't have a feeling for what guests will do next. They were often cleaning when I came back from breakfast. Then they apologized profusely but often wanted to finish a portion of their job. So I was standing in 'my' own hotel room, waiting to use the bathroom after breakfast (when you need to use it most). And Ileft the hotel every day for many hours ...
Little things drove me crazy: To watch T.V. from bed, you had to move it closer and put the phone behind it. Every day, the staff rearranged the rearrangement, so every time you wanted to watch a little T.V., you had to move the phone, etc. again.
I was a steal at 28 bucks but not again ...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Résidence is an intimate, yet hip boutique hotel in the heart of Bangkok. Located on Suriwongse Road next to Silom Road, it enjoys easy access to all the major shopping areas and is only minutes away from the Chao Phya River which is the best shortcut to all the famous temples via river taxis. Patpong Road, the notorious entertainment area which converts into a shopping bazaar from 1700 until 0200 is only a few blocks away. Major shopping centers as well as souvenir shops at the Silom Village are also within walking distance.Well known for its beautifully decorated rooms and delicious, authentic Thai food, La Résidence is a rare find in a city full of cliched decor and banal rooms.Each of our twenty six luxurious rooms and suites are equipped with all the amenities and charmingly furnished with lots of little personal touches and each with it's own unique theme.Best of all, rates are very reasonable coupled with impeccable service. Most of the guests are regulars who could afford 5-star hotels, but wouldn't dream of staying anywhere else. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your La Residence Bangkok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Residence Bangkok Hotel Bangkok
- La Residence Hotel Bangkok
- Bangkok La Residence Hotel