“amazing property at best location and great deals” 5 of 5 stars

President Solitaire Hotel & Spa
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   75 / 23 Sukhumvit Soi 11, Bangkok 10110, Thailand   |
Ranked #296 of 750 hotels in Bangkok
Gurgaon
“amazing property at best location and great deals”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

we have stayed in almost all properties of president group in Bangkok , starting from park President , Royal president , Grand President and president soliatire . obvously this is the best ...rooms are huge and if one takes the suiete , with seperate common sitting space , kitchen ..it is amazing ...the wooden flooring is just great with big size TV screen when travelling with kids.

The hotel is situated close to place of action sukhomvit and they have a their own TUK TUK drop facility up to main road to catch metro rail etc.

Breakfast is very good ...

overall look and feel of hotel is luxurious and as in quality hotels in Thailand , service is as usual amazing

Always book direct from their website and awail great bargain deals !

Room Tip: take suiete rooms . little extra but worthwhile
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

749 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Korean first
Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Just a little off my favourite Bangkok location Sukhumvit Soi 11, which is jam-packed, loud and congested, I found this proud hotel with friendly service and reasonable online deals. The premier rooms are huge, in fact 50 sqm, with kitchenettes, four poster beds and good bathrooms. The decor needs updating everywhere and the breakfast buffet is a little sub standard, but overall a nice place to stay in Bangkok.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

I don't expect much but when you pride yourself on being an international brand, at least try to live up to your claims.
First, I tried to book an airport transfer via email. 5 emails and they just kept asking about my flight details which I gave in every reply. My friend got to Bangkok before us and checked with the hotel. They had no records. Anyway the hotel charges 1200 baht for one way airport transfer. You can get it at 600 baht at the airport counter.

Next, we were supposed to check in at 2pm into the penthouse 2 bedroom suite. It wasn't ready. They let us check into another room first. When asked how long they would take, they said 1 hr. At 3pm, no news from them. Called again, they said it'll take another hr. At 4pm we didnt hear from them and we still hadn't gotten our room, we told them to move our bags when they're done because we weren't gonna wait around.

Penthouse suite is big but the air conditioning was only just bearable. Ants all over. Water would leak out from the shower area and made the whole toilet floor wet.

It's at least a 10 minute brisk walk to the nearest bts station, Nana. Not as near as all the other hotels around that area. They have a free shuttle service but somehow only 1 staff can drive the tuk tuk. So it's always a long wait.

We wanted to extend our room and asked for a later check out since they checked us in late. They said rooms were fully booked. When we told them we would pay they let us have another room. The duty manager, Sasicha, told us that we can have the room till 7pm. At 6pm they started calling to ask us to check out. We explained that we were told check out was at 7. They refused to budge.

Went down to check out at 6pm and asked to speak to manager. Male manager on duty sat there with no interest in helping. He said "in the whole world, half day check out is at 6pm". Frankly I don't care because that's not what I was told. I understand if there was a miscommunication on their part but at least compensate or try to be provide service. I was so angry because he refused to offer anything to settle the issue, just gave me the bill. I asked what he had to say about our late check in, he smirked.

Bangkok is a beautiful place and I expected more from this hotel. Never have I had such a bad experience with the management. It ruined my entire trip and my impression of the compass hospitality group of hotels. Don't let lousy, sub standard rooms and service affect your stay in Bangkok.

• Stayed April 2013
Singapore, Singapore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I only stayed one night in the President Solitaire despite having pre-paid for two as part of a package. It was a loss I was willing to bear. The check-in clerk was so aggressive, plain nasty and up-front rude that I was actually quite worried to the point that I kept my passport and belongings with me through worry about leaving anything of value in the room. Other staff are fairly unpleasant too (but not as bad as the guy on check-in). Nobody smiles.

I was given a cramped, smelly corner room with an antique box TV displaying a dodgy picture, plumbing problems and aging facilities - nothing like the suggestion on their website.

To try and be balanced, the hotel is some way back from the main Sukhumvit road, but it is walkable in about fifteen minutes and from there you can get the sky-train to the rest of Bangkok. The hotel offers a fair breakfast and there's a nice looking pool and gym. The lifts are slow, old and tiny to the point that you don't want to get in if there's someone already inside when the door creeps open.

I would have given the President Solitaire a go, having flown in for a weekend break. And, indeed, I recall staying there in happier times ten years or so ago. But now the staff are clearly not interested in customer service at all, and Bangkok is now awash with good, clean, friendly hotels at keen prices so shop around.

I've given a lot of, usually quite good, reviews about various hotels over the years. I try to be fair but I can honestly say you'd be best off giving this one a miss. Sorry.

Room Tip: I'm sorry I can't recommend this place.
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Great location, great food, bars, not the girlie bar district but close enough if you wish to visit. Close to the Bumrungrad hospital. Great rooms, loved the place. Nice pool, a must in the heat of Bangkok.

Room Tip: I stayed in the spacious penthouse with my friend, being blokes we like our space. Two spacious bedr...
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

I recently stayed at the President Solitaire Hotel in Bangkok. It is in the Sikhimvit Area on soi 11, which is a very popular street filled with restaurants, bars, foot massage parlors, and discos. Normally I would suggest avoiding such a street, but if you like nightlife, this is the area for you. Because the President Solitaire is a little set off the end of the street, you don't hear the noise from the bars. It is very quiet at night. It has a free tuk-tuk service to both Bumrungrad Hospital and the Sky train which is also very helpful. The breakfasts are fine, and the service is excellent. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to be in the thick of the Sikhimvit nightlife, but likes peace and quiet at night when sleeping. The rooms are large and very well-appointed with tasteful, Thai decor, a large flat-screened TV, and wood paneled floors. There are also taxis stationed out front which can whisk you anywhere in the city you wish to go.

Room Tip: Rooms not on the side facing soi 11 are quieter.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

I booked the penthouse suit for 4 days , which is the best of the best of this hotel , I checked in at night and the AC is not cooling at all and I kept calling the reception and asking them to fix it the whole night ! Final they couldn't do anything about it and told me this is what we have !! Staff are not friendly at all and liyers ! Breakfast is very poor ! I would rate this hotel as 2 stars hotel . If u really wanna stay ! Stay at ur own risk !

• Stayed April 2013

Been to President Solitaire Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!