“Great Value for the money.” 3 of 5 stars

Baiyoke Suite Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   130 Rajprarop Road, Rajthevee, Bangkok 10400, Thailand   |
Ranked #517 of 764 Hotels in Bangkok
Manila, Philippines
“Great Value for the money.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

Stayed on the 41st floor the problem is the noise on the upper level specially at night.. Looks like that the upper level of the hotel is the kitchen area of tthe restaurant. Need to fix the soundproofing of the floor...

• Stayed June 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Mumbai (Bombay), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Baiyoke suite hotel is situated in the heart of the city of Bangkok. The hotel has 43 floors & approx 250 rooms. The suites are very big which can accomodate 4 person in a single room which were not much clean. Breakfast is complimentary which was OK. We had booked 5 rooms out of which 4 rooms were alloted on time but one room was alloted at around 4:00 PM. Only good thing is that there are many India restaurants near by & very good shopping complex such as Pratunam Market, Platinum Fashion Mall, Pantip Plaza, Indra Market & the best Central World. Last day we requested to the reception to extend 1 room for more 4 hours as the checkout time is 12:00 noon but they decline & we had to pay additional 500 bhat for the same.Overall staying experience in a hotel is OK.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

Ok so coming from hospitality background, I just saw a lot of things that were against all the things I got from what I've been doing these few years as a hotel staff and student.

1. The staff speak very poor english.
I mean this hotel is not just a crappy 3 star hotel in a suburb area of the city, it is located right in the centre with (what I've seen so far) most of the guest are foreigners. Was complaining to a front office staff because she did not warn us that the wifi (which is kind of overpriced 400 baht for a day) can only be used by one device, and she only said "yes yes cannot" without any apology offered.
The other day I bought some fruits and decided to eat it in the room, so I called room service to borrow a knife, and they told me to call housekeeping, which apparently did not even understand what knife means, and decided to hang up on me just like that. Wow.
So I called the front desk and they offered to cut it for me if I brought it downstairs to the restaurant. I went downstairs, went to the restaurant and she was just looking at me with a confused look and only said "I don't know I don't know" they are seriously getting on my nerve.

2. Lack of hospitable attitude
One night me and my family ate at the buffet restaurant upstairs. The view was amazing, and so is the food. But only the staff there is incredibly rude.
Came out of the elevator, one of the staff did not even bother to say good evening or something, and immediately asked if we have made a reservation, thought it would be full, but I think there were only 7-8 tables the whole night.
So I went to the tom yum stall, where there were 3 staffs who were just chatting and playing with their phones (plus they wore crocs and sandals. How classy). I asked for a bowl and they just looked at me with an annoyed look as if I have interrupted their fun time and made the soup without even
saying a word. Then my dad came to ask for an extra prawn and she just glared at him and did not mind what he said. Wow oh wow.
Then i asked one of the staff with the suit (manager/supervisor maybe?) who were also joining the conversation with his staff where the drinks are. He pointed out the place and said "you go sit on your table" I thought "oh ok probably he will bring it to the table because my hands were full" and after 15 minutes passed no drinks were brought to the table.
By the end of the evening we walked out of the restaurant, passing by the staffs who did not even bother to look at us and say thank you, and just stood there staring at the empty restaurant.

One more thing that I find really weird here is how they allow service elevator (which supposed to be used only by staff, distributor, etc) used by guests as well. So often when I was in the elevator suddenly a housekeeping maid came in with her trolley. Very convenient guys.

I really think that would be the first and the last time staying there. The staff are rude and incompetent and seriously needs some intensive training to make the guest's stay more enjoyable.

• Stayed June 2013
Singapore, Singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Will never ever stay in this hotel again. The service staff's attitude were horrendous. The first day when we checked in, the Supervisor (Praveena) at the Lobby counter never smiled at all and was really rude especially when she kept getting our room numbers (we booked 3 rooms) and passports mixed up.

When we got to our room, we found that the adaptor provided by the hotel was faulty so we asked for a replacement. The room service staff told us very rudely (with her voice raised) that they don't have a spare adaptor around and that i would need to wait till tomorrow just for one adaptor. Finally, after much insisting that they get me a replacement adaptor, she finally agreed with a slam of the phone.

On the last day when we checked out, the staff told us that we had consumed a bottle of Heineken from the fridge and that a bathrobe was missing. We kept telling them that the bathrobe is in the room and that we did not consume any Heineken, After another check, they found they made a mistake and no apology at all was said to us. When i asked the staff is we were billed for these 2 items, she snatched the receipt i was holding, tore it up and threw it in the bin while saying "No! No charge!"

Would not recommend this hotel to anyone ever. Besides the service, furniture was very old. The only good thing about this hotel is the location (below is pratunam market).

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

They have very big living rooms and also sleeping room but very tiny bathrooms. Just wonder why they have big living rooms but why not to bathroom too?

The air-con killed us whole night, very noisy and it we were sick after wake up. it doesn't maintained well.

Breakfast was fair but we preferred on the street :-D,

They have balcony but locked so cant use.

We chose this hotel because of good location and reasonable price.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Pune, Maharashtra, India
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Baiyoke Suite takes $100 as deposit amount but never returns it unless & until you ask! The staff will ensure that your checkout is hurried up so that you will forget the deposit.
Also rooms are pathetic & old!

Room Tip: Dont Stay!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

I stayed a night at Baiyoke Suites as the next morning I was transiting to another province. Previously I stayed in Baiyoke Sky and was a vast in difference. When the elevator doors opened on the 47th, we were disappointed with the narrow corridors and aged interior. The room wasn't well maintained too, sheets and the bathtubs were stained. Room however is spacious and allowed a beautiful view of the city skyline. Balcony access was not recommended as there was a sign advising guest not to enter.

Sad to say what I liked most was the minimalistic lobby which looked freshly renovated. I hope the management will take concerted efforts to spruce up the rest of the hotel like they did to the former.

• Stayed May 2013

Been to Baiyoke Suite Hotel? Share your experiences!