The hotels location is quite isolated - unlike other districts / areas of BKK there is little around this hotel within walking distance - so its a taxi OR the BTS - which whilst not far - its annoying if you want to be out exploring or just go and grab a bite to eat or a bit of shopping. Also inside the hotel restaurants and bar prices way expensive (typical of a 5 start hotel) - but I guess there is nowhere else to go close by.
Stayed in a deluxe room - the balcony and the view of the river was fantastic. Very Clean and spacious (not large compared to other BKK hotels) , although a little out-dated , some new carpet might be nice - but typical Shangrila style, great large bathroom - beautiful plush towels that smelled like roses .
To be paying the price they charge here - I believe it is a waste if you are out exploring - there are other hotels just as nice if not better value.
Breakfast was good - although not the standard of food in my opinion of Shangri-la's in other countries. I was impressed by their service - except on the Friday morning - must have been a full house, there was a queue to get a seat and staff seemed to be rushed off their feet - they did not even offer coffee or tea as the previous days.
Staff attention on check in / out and front desk , concierge were very good, other areas (as above for breakfast) hit and miss - could not get the attention of staff in the lobby lounge for 10 mins wanting to order drinks and snack and there were only 4 people in there at the time - that was disappointing also.
Great wireless connection in room and throughout hotel
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La Hotel, Bangkok Hotel Bangkok
- Shangri-La Hotel, Bangkok Hotel
- Shangri La Hotel
- Shangri La Bangkok
- Shangri La Hotel Bangkok
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Shangri-La Hotel, Bangkok, is a 5-star luxury hotel in Silom district, Bangkok. The design and appointments express the welcoming warmth and richness of Thai culture throughout the hotel, from traditional teak dining pavilions to the most up-to-date room features.The hotel has a total of 802 rooms including 72 suites in two wings, Shangri-La and Krungthep, and is adjacent to the Saphan Taksin station of the Skytrain, Bangkok's elevated metro system.The hotel also offers fully-serviced apartments for guests wishing a longer stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Orbitz, Hotels.com, AsiaRooms, Tingo, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Priceline, Agoda, Otel and Venere so you can book your Shangri-La Hotel, Bangkok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.