We stayed at the Shangri la hotel for five nights in January.
We had arranged for the hotel to pick us up at the airport. The hotel rep was waiting and escorted us to the car, which she contacted when she had our luggage. The car was spotless, cool bottled water and fruit available for our trip into the city. Excellent driver, who also radioed ahead to let the hotel know when we were close by. Greeted on arrival, with lovely staff and escorted to our one bedroom suite overlooking the river. Lovely room, bottled water in every room with a bowl of exotic fruit, which was changed every day. Good desk area for working and ports for different computers and chargers.The Executive Lounge was outstanding, with wonderful views and breakfast each day. The evening canapes and drinks were terrific, in choice and service. We ate in all of the restaurants within the hotel, as the range was great and we were a little bit wary of eating outside the hotel. The staff were always on hand to answer questions, and on their suggestion we used AJ Prime tailors and were very pleased with the standard and price of the garments The pool area was organised with military precision, on arrival at the pool you were asked how many of you there were, smoking or non smoking and a lounge in the sun or shade. An suitable area was located, escorted to the lounge and the two towels put in place for you, fabulous The staff also walked around with jugs of ice water regularly.We also used the hotel limo to return to the airport as this was a reasonably priced option. I would recommend this hotel highly.Service is very important to the staff and it shows in their attitude to the guests. The only comment is that there are not more Shangri-La hotels outside Asia. We have discovered one is to open in London this year and have already made contact with regard to a booking for August.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La Hotel, Bangkok Hotel Bangkok
- Shangri-La Hotel, Bangkok Hotel
- Shangri La Hotel
- Shangri La Bangkok
- Shangri La Hotel Bangkok
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Shangri-La Hotel, Bangkok, is a 5-star luxury hotel in Silom district, Bangkok. The design and appointments express the welcoming warmth and richness of Thai culture throughout the hotel, from traditional teak dining pavilions to the most up-to-date room features.The hotel has a total of 802 rooms including 72 suites in two wings, Shangri-La and Krungthep, and is adjacent to the Saphan Taksin station of the Skytrain, Bangkok's elevated metro system.The hotel also offers fully-serviced apartments for guests wishing a longer stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Orbitz, Hotels.com, AsiaRooms, Tingo, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Otel and Venere so you can book your Shangri-La Hotel, Bangkok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.