This is a hotel that says it is five star and it actually is!
We checked in last week and where offered an upgrade from our river view room to a river view room in the Kungthrep wing. In effect this is like another hotel joined to the Main hotel..however the rooms are just as nice ( electric curtains, etc)...and also have a balcony which the main hotel does not. You have your own concierge etc reception staff etc.
the added benefit of taking that wing is:
You get free breakfast.not a rubbish buffet but hot food to order and also a comprehensive buffet.in a smart dining room overlooking the garden
You have butler who will arrange stuff and also bring you a free cocktail between 5.30 and 7.30along with canapés
All Soft drinks are free around the Kungthrep pool and from your minibar
Free wi fi and use of internet free if you have no computer
Between 5.30and 7.30 all alcoholic drinks are free in the lounge with a selections of All you can eat canapés........and every afternoon a full afternoon tea with food is served free in the lounge.
You can of course still use the facilities of the main wing pool .bars etc..
Service is faultless.we would stay here without the Kungthrep upgrade ...but is is a good deal
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La Hotel, Bangkok Hotel Bangkok
- Shangri-La Hotel, Bangkok Hotel
- Shangri La Hotel
- Shangri La Bangkok
- Shangri La Hotel Bangkok
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Shangri-La Hotel, Bangkok, is a 5-star luxury hotel in Silom district, Bangkok. The design and appointments express the welcoming warmth and richness of Thai culture throughout the hotel, from traditional teak dining pavilions to the most up-to-date room features.The hotel has a total of 802 rooms including 72 suites in two wings, Shangri-La and Krungthep, and is adjacent to the Saphan Taksin station of the Skytrain, Bangkok's elevated metro system.The hotel also offers fully-serviced apartments for guests wishing a longer stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Olotels, Cheap Tickets, AsiaRooms, Hotels.com, Agoda, Amex, Otel, Priceline, Venere, HotelsClick and Tingo so you can book your Shangri-La Hotel, Bangkok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.