My wife and I spent 3 nights at this hotel. We had a suite over looking the river and the view was wonderful. The rooms are of good standard, although there is an over powering of what smelt like lemon throughout the hotel. The hotel comes across as being rigid and more for business travel as opposed to leisure. The staff who assisted with our check in were quite serious and did not smile at all. That was obviously a very bad first impression. Then we were given the wrong access key, which was corrected immediately. The access key deactivated a few times and we had to return to the front desk on each occasion which was quite annoying. On the flip side, the hotel is conveniently located. It offers a free one way tuk tuk service to the nearby asiatique night market (lots of shopping and resraunts) as well as a free ferry boat transfer to the central pier from where you can immediately connect to the sky train. On two occasions we did wait about an hour for the ferry to connect from the pier, so please factor in these possible delays. Getting around bangkok from the hotel was a breeze. The hotel's breakfast was excellent with a wide variety of dishes. Other than breakfast we did not eat at the hotel restaurant. The Bell boys were really helpful and jovial, they are all very knowledgeable on aspects such as restaurants, shopping malls, banks etc. They gave us good advice and compensated where others lacked. Overall our hotel experience was average and it is unlikely that we would return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ramada Plaza Bangkok Menam Riverside is a responsible luxury hotel, located on the banks of the graceful Chao Phraya River ("the River of Kings"), offering everything you may need to make your visit to the "City of Angels" the most memorable & fulfilling experience. We offer you convenience and serenity at the same time - which is very rare and almost non-existent in Bangkok. Secluded away from the hustle & bustle of the city, our location allows you to relax peacefully amid its contemporary Thai decor and very friendly staff. It also allows you to travel to any part of the city as it is located close to the sky train network at Saphan Taksin station, the expressway and the international airport which is only 40 minutes away. Some of our exciting facilities include an outdoor pool, sun terrace, luxurious wellness & spa centre spanning over 1,000 sqm, choice of 5 international restaurants, bar & lounges, 22 meeting & banqueting rooms that can accommodate 10 to 650 people, business centre and parking for 1000 cars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Ctrip TA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Ramada Plaza Menam Riverside reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Plaza Menam Riverside Hotel Bangkok
- Ramada Hotel Bangkok
- Plaza Menam Riverside Ramada