We stayed in the Ramada Riverside the second time. We had liked the regular rooms last year, but this time we took a package including an upgrade to a suite. We were upgraded even more, into a suite with executive lounge access. We were whisked up to the 15th floor for check-in and had the lounge at our disposal for breakfast, afternoon tea and pre-dinner drinks. What a treat!
We had buffet dinner on Saturday night, one of the best buffets ever experienced in my life, Fresh meat, fresh seafood which they barbecue in front of your eyes, all kinds of Japanese, Chinese and Thai dishes, European cheeses and a huge dessert buffet.
The rooms are not the newest, but they are well taken care of, so the age only shows in the style of the furniture (homey, comfortable, not sleek and modern).
We were there for the King's birthday. The whole neighborhood came out onto the parking lot of the hotel to form a procession with a Chinese dragon leading the way, followed by representatives of the different businesses and schools in the area, including the hospital staff and the local police, all carrying flags and marching in stride. The whole event was 'catered' by the hotel and the hotel staff also participated. There was a candlelight ceremony in the evening where, it seemed, the whole staff and the clients all stood around the giant TV in the lobby and sang with the whole nation. We walked by and without realizing how, ended up with lit candles in our hand. Really moving moment.
I read other reports talking about the fact that the hotel is getting on in years, this is true, but there are renovations going on. The hotel seems more comfortable and lived in than used or used up. This is reflected by the decor, the staff and the atmosphere. It is not a sterile business hotel but a place to come home to after having spent a day visiting (or to stay home in if you just want to hang out by the pool)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ramada Plaza Bangkok Menam Riverside is a responsible luxury hotel, located on the banks of the graceful Chao Phraya River ("the River of Kings"), offering everything you may need to make your visit to the "City of Angels" the most memorable & fulfilling experience. We offer you convenience and serenity at the same time - which is very rare and almost non-existent in Bangkok. Secluded away from the hustle & bustle of the city, our location allows you to relax peacefully amid its contemporary Thai decor and very friendly staff. It also allows you to travel to any part of the city as it is located close to the sky train network at Saphan Taksin station, the expressway and the international airport which is only 40 minutes away. Some of our exciting facilities include an outdoor pool, sun terrace, luxurious wellness & spa centre spanning over 1,000 sqm, choice of 5 international restaurants, bar & lounges, 22 meeting & banqueting rooms that can accommodate 10 to 650 people, business centre and parking for 1000 cars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Priceline so you can book your Ramada Plaza Menam Riverside reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Plaza Menam Riverside Hotel Bangkok
- Ramada Hotel Bangkok
- Plaza Menam Riverside Ramada