“Hotel, staff and location all excellent...” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Price
Book in Advance, Save 15%
Ranked #194 of 750 hotels in Bangkok
“Hotel, staff and location all excellent...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for 4 nights early October, the first impression is how friendly and helpful all the staff are, the check in procedure was completly trouble free and all the staff ensured it was trouble free. The room was superb, river view overlooking the pool, food in the restraunts was also very good, we ate on 4 occasions and every meal was of a very high standard and service was also excellent. Breakfast was also good, catering for all tastes and nothing was any trouble to the staff. The hotel ferry boat was also a godsend, it took you up river to the sky train station so that you could explore the city of Bangkok at your leisure, this left the hotel and returned every 30 minutes. We would recommend this hotel for a stay in Bangkok, excellent all round and a credit to the staff....

• Stayed October 2013
klaus_sennik, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Menam Riverside, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking your time to write a review on your recent stay with us.

It is great to hear that you were impressed with our overall services and that you were well taken care of during your stay. Your kind words about our associates have been conveyed to them. Such compliments go a long way in boosting their moral to continue to provide service that exceeds our guest's expectation. I am also glad to learn that your enjoyed our food. Our new Exec Chef redesigned most of our new menu and we have had many great comments.

Once again, thank you very much for your high praise of our hotel. We all look forward to seeing you back on your next plans to visit Bangkok.

613 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

The hotel is not new, however it is well maintained, very clean, with an always kind and available personnel. My room at the executive club floor was spacious and well furnished, with a spectacular view of the river, and I could access the club of the 15th floor for breakfast, snacks and cocktails. The hotel is just on the river, with a free boat connection to the main pier of the river and to the skytrain station. The restaurant serves a rich menu at an affordable price. For sure there are more elegant, and more expensive, hotels in Bangkok. This one is a very good compromise, elegant enough, well located, and with good hotel services and facilities.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
klaus_sennik, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Menam Riverside, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your precious time to share your experience with us.

It was a real pleasure to hear that you enjoyed our room, the benefit of our executive club on 15 floor, hotel facilities and found time to enjoy our cuisine. Our new Exec Chef redesigned most of our new menu and we have had many great comments. We strive to make each and every stay with us a memorable experience for our valued guests.

Thank you once again for your positive comments and we very much look forward to your return.

Phnom Penh, Phnum Penh, Cambodia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

when i have a problem , i do not say to reception but one girl came me and asked do you need something?and through good communication she tried to ask me what i need or problem and then i told her that i need something. After that all issue has been solved.

I recommend you to come to this hotel and close to the river and a nice view and there is a free boat service from hotel to the sapantaxin station back to hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
klaus_sennik, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Menam Riverside, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your valuable time to share your experience on TripAdvisor.

Guests satisfaction is our highest priority. I am happy to read that you were well taken care of during your stay, and that the service provided by our staff met with your expectations.

Thank you as well for your kind recommendation and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.

Istanbul
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Its our fifth stay at the Ramada Plaza Riverside.We had stayed at other hotels before,but as value for your money Ramada delivers.The hotel is beautifuly located by the river and has fantastic wiews ,the stuff is very kind and helpful.Everytime we go to Bangkok ,we stay there.The boat service takes you to the sky train and you can go anywhere in town without getting stuck in traffic which can be so frustrating.We were given a room with a beautiful terrace with river wiew ,and the front desk manager Ms.Diane was super kind.I would recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Get a room on higher floors and with the wiew
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
klaus_sennik, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Menam Riverside, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your continuous support to our hotel and for sharing your experiences on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to learn that your experiences with us was enjoyable. We are fortunate to be located by the river with fantastic views which enabled you to see much more of the river side areas and its surroundings. Thank you as well for your kind words to Diane. Your feedback will be invaluable as we formulate ways to ensure we deliver good service that our customers will love, come back and tell everyone they know.

We look forward to welcoming you back again on your sixth visit!

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Stayed four nights at hotel found staff helpful and polite, breakfast was good and fresh we had dinner one night and again was not disappointed, our room was comfortable and clean
The location was good as we did not want to be in the bustle of the main area of Bangkok and found the riverside a good compromise as it offers a free river shuttle to the skytrain and river taxi terminal so therefore easy to get around.
I happen to meet the general manager in the lift on one occasion and he has very kindly invited us to the executive lounge for drinks in the evening for the duration of our next stay , which was a very kind gesture on his part so we look forward to that should we return.
Thank you.

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for staying with us and for writing a positive review on TripAdvisor.

I am glad to know that you are pleased with our services, food, location and accommodation. Please do let me know when your plans bring you back to Bangkok to enjoy our beverages on the executive lounge. We would be delighted to welcome you and to ensure you with another wonderful experience at Ramada Plaza Menam Riverside again.

We look forward to seeing you back in Bangkok soon.

Klaus Sennik-Genaral Manager
Yangon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

I booked through our local agency, it cost me 94 US$ per night for a Grand Deluxe Room. After that I send an email to the hotel directly to follow up on my room preferences. I requested a smoking room on Higher Floor with river view. Next morning, a lady called Aphirada Proadmetta replied back to me and confirmed the room preferences in a very professional manner. Since I let her know in the email it was our anniversary trip, I was surprised by her arrangement with a very beautiful flower bouquet for my wife, very delicious cheese cake and honeymoon set up on the Queen Size Bed. Thank you Aphirada. My wife was so amazed and happy. The check in was very smooth, a guy called Bob helped us a lot, I just need to sit 1 minute at the lobby and the check in was done quickly. He even properly escorted to the room by himself. The sleeping quality is very good. The room is so spacious, 2 Flat TVs, Very Big Bath Room, Living Room with comfortable sofa settee and everything is so amazing. The river view is so panoramic with the Chao Pharaya River and Buildings. The breakfast is awesome, there are plentiful of Indian, Chinese, Japanese, European and Thai food. Swimming Pool is big enough and so tranquil and peaceful. The shuttle Boat service to Sapan thatsin pier from hotel makes our trip to City easier and convenient. I will definitely come back and stay again at this hotel. Special thanks to Aphirada, Bob, Vicky and Thempawet from Sales. There was a Bell Boy who arranged Dinner Cruise for us. I forgot his name. He was also very polite and helpful. I love the people in there more than the property.

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking your time to write a positive review on TripAdvisor. It is always great to hear from our supportive guests and your satisfaction means a lot to us.

Thank you as well for spending your anniversary trip at our hotel. I am very pleased to read that you had a wonderful time here and that you were well taken care of during the stay. Your kind words about Aphirada and our staff have been conveyed to them and they are delighted to know about your excellent feedback. It is great that you especially enjoyed our services and we all look forward to the next pleasant opportunity of welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards from Bangkok,

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

I stayed at the Ramada Plaza hotel as a stopover on the way to and from Laos. I chose the hotel because it was located on the river and had its own free boat shuttle to a public transport hub. I was also attracted by its proximity to the new Asiatique market area but in the end didn't visit it. I wish the hotel has publicised the free tuk tuk (pron took took) shuttle to Asiatique as I would definitely have gone there if I knew I didn't have to walk.

My rooms on both visits were on the 4th floor (non smoking rooms) and were a very good price for a quality hotel. I booked through wotif.com, which stated that the deal came with free wifi in the room, which apparently was incorrect but when I pointed out the wotif offer to the staff on reception they immediately agreed to provide free wifi in the room. I might add that, in all of our dealings, the reception staff were very pleasant and helpful and that was true also for the staff of the restaurant and the cafe.

I didn't find the rooms run down although some of the wood on the desk and the like was a bit scratched, which could quite easily be improved with a little oil finish or varnish. The rooms were spacious and clean and very comfortable.

I thought the bathroom set up was clever. There was both a full bath with shower over and right beside it a shower with "rain shower head" on the ceiling and a normal shower head on the wall, for people who do not like stepping in and out of baths for a shower. This area is set off from the rest of the bathroom with a glass wall with glass entrance door. If I do up my bathroom to include a walk in shower, I may copy this idea.

Every night, a small plate of fruit was provided. The only criticism I would make is that the amount of bottled water provided free is a bit mean, with only two half bottles of water each day. I think it should be two large bottles at least. If you need to get more water, if you walk down to the street outside the hotel and take a few steps to the left there is a convenience store that sells bottled water for a reasonable price.

The buffet breakfast was very good and not too expensive and on any future trip I will seek a deal that includes breakfast. I also ate dinner in the restaurant twice, once a la carte and the other time with the buffet and the food was varied and good quality. I went to the spa place on the first floor and had manicure and pedicure which was relaxing and a fair price. I took the shuttle boat to the skytrain and also hired a long boat at the wharf near the skytrain, for a great ride along the klongs, or canals.

Overall I was very happy with my accommodation and the hotel's services and would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Most rooms have a view of the river, even on lower floors.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
klaus_sennik, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Menam Riverside, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experiences on TripAdvisor. We appreciate customers who take the time to tell us how we can better serve them.

I am glad to hear that you had a wonderful time with us and that you enjoyed the Ramada Plaza hospitality. Moreover, I am pleased to advise that once our new project along the riverside has been completed, our hotel will provide an amazing riverfront terrace and we hope to welcome you back for another memorable stay with us again.

We look forward to seeing you back soon.

Klaus Sennik-General Manager

Been to Ramada Plaza Menam Riverside? Share your experiences!