I stayed in a deluxe suite from the 6th to the 9th. I note that some staff tend to lie to save themselves the trouble of having to do more work.
Prior to checking in, I had liased with the Mr. JINATI Rachata about the possibility of a late check out. He said that it would be possible depending on the availability on the room.
When we checked in on the 6th, the staff at the counter flatly rejected our request, saying that the room was unavailable.
This was a lie, because I was able to perform another booking for another deluxe room on the 9th and the room was available.
I was able to deposit some of my stuff with the hotel on the 3rd which was a good thing, but when I enquired with the bell boy if I could ride the tuk-tuk out, he claimed it "had problem". But later, I approached the counter and was told that I could ride the tuk-tuk out.
Maybe the bell boy jinx it, because during the stay, the tuk-tuk DID INDEED break down on the 8th. I've read other reviews for President hotels constantly having problems with the tuk-tuks.
The bathroom's shower came without a door, as though someone had removed it. The bathtub did not come with curtains too. As a result, the bathroom was constantly very wet and slippery.
The hotel looked dirty from the outside and we could hear the conversation from the next room and it sometimes made sleeping difficult at night. The room clearly needed more sound proofing.
The room was spacious and the dvd borrowing service was nice, but the breakfast selection was limited and hardly changes.
I would think twice before visiting this hotel again..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Sukhumvit Soi 15, it is a 10 minute walk to key points such as Robinson Department Store, Nana & Asok BTS skytrain stations, and Sukhumvit MRT subway station or alternatively use our free Tuk-Tuk shuttle service. Hospitals, embassies and major shopping centers are a short drive away. Royal President consists of 186 spacious rooms and suites that combine the comforts of home with facilities and services such as a mini-mart, meeting room and the Royal Brasserie with alfresco dining. Present your keycard for exclusive discounts and/or free entrance to select restaurants, bars and hospitals. Songkran which is celebrated in Thailand from 13th - 15th April is the traditional New Year 's Day. The most obvious celebration of Songkran is the throwing of water upon others. Come and celebrate this season by staying with us as we offer something special to our guests who book the Special Promotion up to 30% discount. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, HostelBookers, Ctrip TA, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Royal President Bangkok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal President Bangkok Hotel Bangkok
- Royal President Hotel Bangkok