“Super Dreamy!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Dream Bangkok

You added Dream Bangkok to your Saves list
Dream Bangkok
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10 Sukhumvit Soi 15, Kloengtoey Nua, Wattana, Bangkok 10110, Thailand (Formerly the Somerset Hotel)   |
Ranked #122 of 768 Hotels in Bangkok
“Super Dreamy!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

Loved this hotel, very trendy and the rooftop pool was relaxing. Walking distance to several bars, restaurants, and shopping areas. Highly recommend for singles and couples. The area may not be suitable for young children.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

Having stayed at Gallery 10 the last visit to BKK where the GM of the hotel was rather sarcastic with his reply " let me know your next visit and I will take care of you personally" on my last review about the sewage stench & the tattered towels...

Dream at Soi 15 is fabulous! The hotel did not go crazy like the rest with inflated rate and yet service is certainly not compromised.

We are still at Dream, the moment you checked in you are greeted by friendly YoYo and his team. Breakfast is a well mix of Asian and western with egg station, the pool is over at another tower Dream 2, across the road. Nice small pool with great chill area, better when there are no screaming kids and their loud parents ;)

The bed is truly comfortable, though it will be better if they have a combination of firm and soft pillows. However overall, this is just a perfect place for couples and singles. I say couples because most who stay in boutique hotels are like us, who prefers the morning tranquility away from screaming and unattended kids which can be rather annoying for 70% of the guests here.

Location is great as it is walking distance to shops and Terminal 21 and most have complimentary Tuk Tuk to BTS (Ashok) anyways.

Will certainly be back again.

Room Tip: Choose room at Dream on 3rd floor where the SPA is located. Love the scent whenever we step out of t...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Geev Andre B, Executive Assistant Manager at Dream Bangkok, responded to this review, August 27, 2014
Dear Jan Mitch L,

Thank you for your kind review here on TripAdvisor with 5* rating.

We are very pleased to share your valuable comments with our operational teams and back offices - as all of our associates play an important role to contribute to our image and performance.

We are obviously very please to have gained a new fan and we assure you to do the utmost to keep up our level of service.

Once again for having stayed with us. We wish you well and hope you will visit us again. Please feel free to send us an email for your next booking to: reservations@dreambkk.com or to me: geev@dreambkk.com, as we can most of the time offer better rates for direct bookings, then via internet.

We are looking forward to welcome you back!

Kind regards, Geev & Team
Glasgow, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

Overall the hotel is clean and tidy with good sized rooms. Location is great and close to many attractions we wanted to see. Breakfast in the hotel was disappointing as there was little selection of fresh fruit. However we were very disappointed when we went to check out and we were accused of breaking a torch that was in the bedside table, which was surprising to us as we weren't aware there was a torch in the drawer. My husband had to argue our case and left us with a bad feeling upon leaving the hotel. We also felt that one of the door staff wasn't very helpful and gave us false information about local attractions. We were expecting a better service from Dream Hotel as it had been recommended by a family member.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Mhairi S,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us here on TripAdvisor. First of all we say thank you for having followed the recommendation of your family member. In general verbal recommendations by people we know, are most of the time the best ones.

We are very sorry about the unpleasant discussion regarding the damaged torch. I hope you understand, that our Housekeeping staff is advised to check every room after check-out. We have taken note of your comment in regards to the fruit offers during breakfast.

We are sure that our Bellman did not properly understand you. We apologize for this, we are sure he did not intentionally misguide you. Our Front Office Manager and Head Concierge will pay attention on this.

Your feedback is of value for us. Once again, we are sorry for the shortcomings. We hope you will stay with us again in the future. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly for your next booking by simply sending an email to geev@dreambkk.com

Thank you.

Best regards from the entire Dream Team, Geev Andre
Chennai (Madras), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

We spent 2 nights in dream hotel- it best qualifies as 3 star, not 5 star as claimed in some sites.

Rooms range from 2300 baht to 10000 baht a night and all rooms have Dream's signature colour- Blue. This is believed to set romantic mood and let the guests get good sleep and dream.

Dream Bangkok has 2 buildings, separated by a road. If you're in tower 1 and wish to use the pool, then you need to come down, pass the lobby and reception, cross the road, go to another building, go to roof top and use the pool, then same way back, which is little inconvenient.

Rooms are fine, wifi router inside the room meant good signal (most hotels have one or two routes in the corridor common to all rooms.

Fellow traveler Anuradha Goyal had a bad experience with her baggage- do check her review. I hope that is one off incident and will never repeat.

Breakfast was fine, so were rest of the services.

Sometime wait for the lift can get longer, because of small elevator.

I was hoping for some complementary late check out, but it was refused. Late check out til 6PM they charge half day rent, beyond that, full day.

Dream hotel is centrally located and ideal for those who come to Bangkok for shopping etc. Few indian restaurants are walkable distance away (Dosa King etc)

Room Tip: No tips...smoking/non smoking rooms available- specify your preference.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

I recently had a very enjoyable 10 night stay @ Dream Hotel Bangkok.
This was the 3rd time I have stayed at Dream and I was not disappointed.
My special requests for a non smoking / high floor room was provided without fail.
Bed was a comfortable as always and room size was fine for a Business / Solo traveler.
One of the features of this Hotel is Complimentary Breakfast that provides guests with a great array of food and beverage options and adds value to the accommodation.
Employees are always on hand and carry out their duties in an efficient and helpful manner.
All round another good value and enjoyable stay @ Dream Hotel BKK !

Room Tip: All rooms are good @ Dream Hotel BKK !
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Goa, India
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

I was at hotel for 2 nights and the day I was supposed to check out at 12 Noon, when I came back from breakfast around 9:30 AM I found all my luggage missing from the room. Two cleaning ladies were cleaning and they said they have no clue about my luggage. Mind you, the luggage was not even packed - the zip of my big bag and camera bag was open, there were small things like clothes, mobile charger etc are were lying on the table.

I called up the front desk, they also said they have no clue. The housekeeping incharge was outside and he said - Sorry Madam, not my department. When I asked for the manager of the hotel I was told he is very busy. Felt totally helpless and called up the front desk and told them that if no senior person comes and brings my stuff back - I will have no option but to walk to the nearest police station and that is when they got into action.

Bell boy had kept my loose stuff between two bags and dragged it out. The manager said sorry and said he would give me a complimentary late check out for two hours - but when I returned I was locked out of the room and had to ask them to open the room for me.

While taking out my luggage can be a mistake ( though by hospitality industry standards, it is not a small mistake) but the reaction of the staff was pathetic and unacceptable. I was disappointed to say the least.

Room Tip: Read my review before you decide on this hotel
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Kerala
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

It is a comparatively new hotel, situated in a calm small road in Soi 15. It is only 10 minutes’ walk both to Asoke & Nana BTS stations. Rooms are little smaller than what I expected, but very neat and funky with all amenities except a coffee boiler which is very strange. Bed was very comfortable, the linen, towels etc. were very clean. There is a separate wireless router for each room, so the signal strength is excellent, internet speed also not bad. The toilet door is sliding, which will not completely close & have no lock. The bath area have a fixed glass partition with 50% area open, hence water will spill to the toilet area. The workstation chair is very heavy (and low in height), so difficult to move, especially since the floor is carpeted. The room is not sound insulated, you can hear the sounds from your next room/passage better than there, and the house keeping staff always taking in the passage. My room 609 was next to the house keeping staff’s store, so this affected me a lot.

The breakfast was average, with a reasonable selection of fruits, breads, egg station & some thai dishes. They serve complimentary cookies in the evening to the room, which was nice. There was no gym in the hotel where I stayed (there are 2 dream hotels, one in the just other side of the road), but the hotel staff informed that I can go to the other hotel if I need these facilities. There was a roof top bar cum restaurant which I didn’t tried, the spa also I skipped since the pricing was on the upper side for Bangkok standards.

Since the hotel is in small alley (just opposite to the Manhattan & Royal President hotels), it is very calm but needs only 5 minute walk (max 200 mtrs) to the Sukhumvit road. Robinson supermarket is only 10 minute walk & 12 minutes to the terminal 21 mall.

In general, it is a nice hotel, especially for the family stays. The staffs were also friendly.

Room Tip: Avoid corner rooms
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Been to Dream Bangkok? Share your experiences!