“Property Ok, Unfriendly & Unreliable Staff” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Dream Bangkok

You added Dream Bangkok to your Saves list
Dream Bangkok
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10 Sukhumvit Soi 15, Kloengtoey Nua, Wattana, Bangkok 10110, Thailand   |
Ranked #124 of 772 Hotels in Bangkok
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Goa, India
“Property Ok, Unfriendly & Unreliable Staff”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

I was at hotel for 2 nights and the day I was supposed to check out at 12 Noon, when I came back from breakfast around 9:30 AM I found all my luggage missing from the room. Two cleaning ladies were cleaning and they said they have no clue about my luggage. Mind you, the luggage was not even packed - the zip of my big bag and camera bag was open, there were small things like clothes, mobile charger etc are were lying on the table.

I called up the front desk, they also said they have no clue. The housekeeping incharge was outside and he said - Sorry Madam, not my department. When I asked for the manager of the hotel I was told he is very busy. Felt totally helpless and called up the front desk and told them that if no senior person comes and brings my stuff back - I will have no option but to walk to the nearest police station and that is when they got into action.

Bell boy had kept my loose stuff between two bags and dragged it out. The manager said sorry and said he would give me a complimentary late check out for two hours - but when I returned I was locked out of the room and had to ask them to open the room for me.

While taking out my luggage can be a mistake ( though by hospitality industry standards, it is not a small mistake) but the reaction of the staff was pathetic and unacceptable. I was disappointed to say the least.

Room Tip: Read my review before you decide on this hotel
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Kerala
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

It is a comparatively new hotel, situated in a calm small road in Soi 15. It is only 10 minutes’ walk both to Asoke & Nana BTS stations. Rooms are little smaller than what I expected, but very neat and funky with all amenities except a coffee boiler which is very strange. Bed was very comfortable, the linen, towels etc. were very clean. There is a separate wireless router for each room, so the signal strength is excellent, internet speed also not bad. The toilet door is sliding, which will not completely close & have no lock. The bath area have a fixed glass partition with 50% area open, hence water will spill to the toilet area. The workstation chair is very heavy (and low in height), so difficult to move, especially since the floor is carpeted. The room is not sound insulated, you can hear the sounds from your next room/passage better than there, and the house keeping staff always taking in the passage. My room 609 was next to the house keeping staff’s store, so this affected me a lot.

The breakfast was average, with a reasonable selection of fruits, breads, egg station & some thai dishes. They serve complimentary cookies in the evening to the room, which was nice. There was no gym in the hotel where I stayed (there are 2 dream hotels, one in the just other side of the road), but the hotel staff informed that I can go to the other hotel if I need these facilities. There was a roof top bar cum restaurant which I didn’t tried, the spa also I skipped since the pricing was on the upper side for Bangkok standards.

Since the hotel is in small alley (just opposite to the Manhattan & Royal President hotels), it is very calm but needs only 5 minute walk (max 200 mtrs) to the Sukhumvit road. Robinson supermarket is only 10 minute walk & 12 minutes to the terminal 21 mall.

In general, it is a nice hotel, especially for the family stays. The staffs were also friendly.

Room Tip: Avoid corner rooms
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

I stayed at Dream for four nights and it was sensational.
Customer service 10/10 was sensational and were always there to help.

Food - 10/10 Breakfast buffet had everything from cereals, fruit, toast, juice, western and thai foods and a good old omelette stand. Pool menu had a great choice of snacks including burgers, pizza, pasta etc.

Location - So close to the action on sukhumvit road, and a 3-5 min walk to Nana BTS. Easy access to bars and clubs. Secure with security guards present all around the area

WIFI - 12/10 I love a good hotel with WIFI and Dream didnt disappoint. In my room, pool, lobby, bar, restaurant very quick speeds that dont drop out.

Pool - Big enough and on rooftop. Sun beds and bar at your disposal.

Cannot fault. Will definitely stay here again

MJ

Room Tip: Book through the hotel and mention you want to cut out the booking sites
Stockholm, Sweden
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

I travel to BKK 6-10 times a year, and I have for the last 18 months almost always stayed in Dream Hotel Bangkok, and I have always left with a feeling that I was looking forward to come back. Not so after my last stay.
As I already was in BKK, I booked the room by walking in and talking directly to the reception. Everything went smooth, and a room was booked, and they took all necessary information from me, and I signed a normal "checkin form" with my credit card number and signature.
When I then came back 12 days later to check in, they could not find my booking, and the hotel was "full". After I explained how I had booked the room, the reception girl said, "oh yes, I remember that, it was me who helped you with that."
After she talked to her boss, and whoever else on the phone, I was finally given a room to the standard that I wanted.
The room was ok, but as I was made aware of in the morning, right underneath the gym!

The breakfast is something that I look forward to in Dream Hotel, as it is excellent! And although the food was as good as always, the staff was not as attentive as they usually are. And because you don't fill your coffee/tee yourself, it's the staff walking around filling the cup for u, I was sitting and waiting to get my cup filled again. I was trying to make them aware, trying to get one of them to look towards my table. But finally I just got up and collected it myself.

It's small things to some, but when you pay good money, as you do in Dream, I expect a certain standard.

Sorry to say that after this last experience, I will be looking on some other hotel to stay at. With the wast amount of good hotels on BKK, I feel that Dream did not deliver what I expected this time, and then it's time to move on.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

We chose this hotel because of its central location, being close to the subway and skytrain lines as well as the nearby night markets.
The rooms are clean, quiet and staff friendly and helpful. Breakfast is amazing at this place with a massive choice of foods both asian and western with a nice dining area so for somewhere affordable to stay for a few nights in bangkok its not a bad choice. There are of course better hotels for that kind of budget but most of those hotels are well away from the main city area. This hotel is parked in Sukhumvit which is one of the more interesting places to be in Bangkok.The only downside to this hotel is the wifi can be a little unreliable particularly at peak times but apart from that a good experience

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

Dream price for dream - service, upgrade to suite, pool, five mins stroll to Health Land by the quieter back streets of Sukhumvit.

Delighted that my friend proposed I stay here and helped me to book. I had a great stay, upgraded to a suite - #520. The staff were friendly and polite, the suite big and bright and clean, fresh fruits were topped up every day, newspapers, two flatscreen TVs and DVD players, comfy sofa and work table, and Aigner toiletries a nice touch. It felt like a home away from home with all the creature comforts and convenience. A great rooftop pool and a gym that was small but had what I needed to get my usual workout. My trip turned into a work-filled holiday, so I was really glad that I was in the best part of Sukhumvit (in my option), walking to Terminal 21 was a mere 10 mins, walking to Health Land for my daily massage was a mere 5 min stroll, and back to the care and quick service of the team at Dream.

Thank you!

Room Tip: The newer block with the rooftop pool and gym. Corner suite #520 was wonderful.
Nairobi, Kenya
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

Nice, quiet little hotel located in a very convenient place. The staff are friendly and the hotel room was clean and well laid out. Only frustrating thing was that the room was not lit enough - could do with a better lamp/light. Having said that, the blue light around the room and beds is a nice touch.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Dream Bangkok? Share your experiences!