“Bang for the buck...!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Dream Bangkok

You added Dream Bangkok to your Saves list
Dream Bangkok
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10 Sukhumvit Soi 15, Kloengtoey Nua, Wattana, Bangkok 10110, Thailand (Formerly the Somerset Hotel)   |
Ranked #123 of 766 Hotels in Bangkok
“Bang for the buck...!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

Still nice and funky although it is a bit worn... Cool reception, great staff, good breakfast! nice touch with daily fresh fruit in room! Pool area small and gym pretty lousy... Location good in sukhumvit. Both sky train and subway just around the corner!!

• Stayed February 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stayed here for two nights just before my flight back home to the US after 4 weeks of traveling around the country. Overall this was a very comfortable and nice place to spend my last nights in thailand especially when compared to the rock hard un-arconditioned beds I'd been staying at in hostels around the country. Needless to say I slept like a baby on what felt like a mattress made of clouds.

The overall decor gives you this modern trendy feel which I found to be pretty cool. I always appreciate it when a hotel puts extra effort to make the place look nice and unique. It is located in the sukhumvit neighborhood which makes it a close walking distance to several malls and shopping as well as some pretty good nightlife. Also the complimentary breakfast was really nice and a great way to start the day.

A couple of gripes which keep this from getting a 5 star rating.

- The hotel is actually split between two buildings which are across the street from each other with the pool and restaurant each in separate buildings. My room was in the building with the pool, but when I wanted to get breakfast in the morning I had to trek outside through the Bangkok heat to get to the restaurant. Usually I like staying at a place where I can reach all the amenities without having to leave the comfort of the hotel.

-The staff were generally less friendly and helpful than other places I've stayed at in Bangkok.

- An example of my last gripe: On my last day after checking out, I asked if I could get a tuk-tuk to the skytrain (as this is a free service that they advertise). I was told to wait outside. After 20 min it never arrived. I even went back in twice to ask if it was still coming and was given brush off responses. In the end I had to walk to the skytrain, not a very good final impression for me.

Overall it was a very comfortable hotel for a reasonable price. But knowing there are just as good if not better hotels in the same neighborhood I probably won't ever be going back there.

Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

I stayed for 5 nights at the end of a SE Asia trip as it was recommended to me and it didn't disappoint. I was in Dream2 which means a walk across the road to Dream1 for breakfast but only a short trip to the roof top swimming pool as its in the dream 2 building. Dream is well located for both the skytrain and metro and there is great street food, bars and shopping near by.
My room was large with queen sized bed and good sized sitting area for relaxing. Both room and bathroom were spotless and breakfast was very good with a wide range of food. I would stay there again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Ostend
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

At our last stay i was happy and pleased to get a warm welcome again. Te staff is very attentive. They work hard and fast. I can recommend this hotel because of it's ideal location and nice comfy rooms. The hotel is located near Asok BTS station (Sukhumvit MRT station).
We Re-newed our wedding vowels at the hotel, what was superb organized. Thank you Dream team. It is a day to remember!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in Dream 1 (there are two buildings) for six nights in February. Well located on Sukumvit within 5-10 minutes walking to both BTS and MRT stations, from where you can go practically anywhere easily.

The staff were very accommodating to fulfil our room requests at the last minute. Our room was clean and neat with the comfiest beds ever! The pillows in particular were the best I have ever encountered and the pillows alone are worth a booking here! Minibar well stocked, if quite pricey. Good television channels with plenty of foreign options. Free fruit and cookies delivered daily. The blue lights however are really just a gimmick and we found them too bright for sleeping.

Breakfast buffet was very good with plenty of options including sushi, cheeses, pastries and an excellent variety of breads.

Service here was very attentive and helpful. Room service was not spectacular but okay for when you can't be bothered leaving the air conditioned comfort for the hot and sticky streets of Bangkok.

Dream Bangkok was a pleasure to return to after a long day of hustle and bustle. We will certainly return when in Bangkok again!

• Stayed February 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

The people are attentive and accommodate our requests. The rooms are large and comfortable and quite clean. They have great tv for a foreigner and Internet in complimentary and very good. Will stay at no other hotel in bkk

• Stayed November 2012
France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I stayed here for a friend's wedding and thoroughly enjoyed the experience, so much so that I returned after the wedding when I was flying through Bangkok. The hotel is centrally located close to the Skytrain and Metro and I felt perfectly safe walking around the area late at night on my own. The rooms are very clean, comfortable and well-equipped. Breakfast is nice even though it can be very crowded. I also ordered food from room service, which I thought was very good.

My only slight disappointment was with the hotel tuk tuk. I had requested this service a few times and was told this would not be a problem only to find myself still waiting around 30 mins later as the staff dealt with other guests. On one occasion I got very cross about this because it nearly made me (and a couple of others with me) late for the wedding we were going to.

Room Tip: If you want to be close to the pool stay in Dream 2. If you want to be close to the restaurant for b...