We spent more than a week at the Grand President and being frequent visitors to Thailand and Bangkok used to stay at the sister property of Grand President the President Solitaire which is a smaller and quieter property just a 100 meters away.
We changed hotels as the level of maintenance had gone down drastically at President Solitaire in the last few years and the hotel is badly in need of a refurbishment.
If the management are not on the ball with Grand President, this is also headed the President Solitaire way with guests shying away from what was once a wonderful property. Right now things are not bad but without any routine replacements and refurbishment soon, in a couple of years Grand President will reach the level of where President Solitaire is today.
The rooms are huge and comfortable. The rooms to stay in are the Junior Suites or the Deluxe Suites. We booked a Junior Suite with a confirmed upgrade to the Deluxe Suite. You should be either in tower 1 or Tower 2. Not in Tower 3 which is across the road. There are many reviews about Tower 3 which are not very flattering and most of the negative reviews of the entire hotel stem from the people who have stayed in Tower 3.
The Beds are really great and Housekeeping is good. Our room was really huge with a separate Living Room, fully equipped kitchenette etc and high up in Tower 2 without any noise. The website even now says the toiletries will be from Ananda Spa in the Deluxe Suites but we never did see any Ananda Spa Toiletries.
We arrived early at about 8.00 AM and they were considerate enough to give us a room instead of making us wait till 2.00 PM. There was an extra charge but that was acceptable. We had a late Checkout as part of the package which was fine.
The Bell staff and Concierge were really helpful and efficient.
The Breakfast was a spread of Continental, Arabic, Indian & Asian. It was a bit unorganised because the number of people outnumbered the no of seats the place had so it was a bit chaotic every morning finding places to sit. The live egg station had a long queue in front of it every morning.
When we asked for an extra blanket they said they would charge us 50 Baht per blanket per day! Come on Grand President don’t try to squeeze your guests for every little thing.
Another issue was that I had given my Credit card for Guarantee on check in and told them that 1 would pay in cash on checkout. They took a pre authorisation of about 35000 THB which is about 1100 USD and on checking out when I mentioned to them about the cancellation of the pre authorisation they told me it would be automatically taken care of. The pre authorisation took more than 3 weeks to be revoked. When I sent a mail to their reservation department there was no response or action and after another week the Pre Auth was cancelled. So beware your credit limit is blocked to the extent of the pre Authorisation. Try and get this sorted out at reception itself while checking out.
The location is the greatest plus point and it’s very hard to beat with everything around the corners.
See you soon Grand President and Grand President Management please start up the refurbishment work to restore the eroding glory to the Grand Hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand President Bangkok is situated along Sukhumvit Soi 11 and a 5 minute walk to Nana BTS skytrain station. It is walking distance to entertainment outlets such as QBar and Bash, and a short drive to hospitals, embassies and shopping centers. This property features 437 air-conditioned rooms and suites all with a kitchenette consisting of a large fridge and microwave oven. Additional facilities include a Laundromat, 3 outdoor swimming pools, cafe with alfresco dining, sauna and steam room. Present your keycard for exclusive discounts and/or free entrance to select restaurants, bars and hospitals. Songkran which is celebrated in Thailand from 13th - 15th April is the traditional New Year 's Day. The most obvious celebration of Songkran is the throwing of water upon others. Come and celebrate this season by staying with us as we offer something special to our guests who book the Special Promotion up to 30% discount. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Agoda, Despegar.com, HostelBookers, Ctrip TA, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Grand President Bangkok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand President Bangkok Hotel Bangkok
- Grand President Hotel Bangkok
- Bangkok Grand President Hotel