I have been coming to Bangkok and staying at the Grand President for the past 5 years. Yes the rooms are tired but for the price and location it never really bothered me. As long as the rooms were kept clean then I was happy. My last stay was January 4 - 16. I arrived at midnight and was very tired after a 20 hour flight. I was placed in room 1229 and was very disappointed at the condition of the room. The dishwasher in the kitchen had some type of problem and had duct tape over the top of it. If that wasn't bad enough the duct tape was so old and beat up that it looked like it had been there for several months. I then went into the bathroom and there was so much mildew on the tile in the shower that I immediately called the front desk and asked to change rooms. The girl at the front desk at first said they were sold out then saw something that made her change her mind. Perhaps she saw that I have been a regular customer. Anyway I was changed to room 1223. This room was much better although I did find a few spots of mildew in the shower as well. I figured this could wait until morning. The next morning I had the mildew spots taken care of. I also I checked out the rest of the room. The outside windows could use a good window washing. The furniture is old and tired and should be changed soon. After the first room experience the rest of my holiday went very well. The staff,especially the bellmen (Siam is great) security,and the housekeeping ladies went out of their way to see to my needs. The hotel is guest friendly so I had no problem inviting new friends to my room. Try and get a room in tower 2. The Deluxe Suites come with a washer/dryer which makes it very convenient to wash clothes at any time. I am always trying to look for a good deal on hotels and I always seem to find it at the Compass Hospitality website. Be sure to check the latest currency conversion rates because the Thai bhat has gone up a lot in just the past year. I am just hoping that what happened to me this last visit was just fluke. I will continue to use the Compass Hospitality website to search for good deals. If this leads me back to the Grand President then I will give them another try. Although if I get checked into another room like 1229 then I might start looking for another hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand President Bangkok is situated along Sukhumvit Soi 11 and a 5 minute walk to Nana BTS skytrain station. It is walking distance to entertainment outlets such as QBar and Bash, and a short drive to hospitals, embassies and shopping centers. This property features 437 air-conditioned rooms and suites all with a kitchenette consisting of a large fridge and microwave oven. Additional facilities include a Laundromat, 3 outdoor swimming pools, cafe with alfresco dining, sauna and steam room. Present your keycard for exclusive discounts and/or free entrance to select restaurants, bars and hospitals. Songkran which is celebrated in Thailand from 13th - 15th April is the traditional New Year 's Day. The most obvious celebration of Songkran is the throwing of water upon others. Come and celebrate this season by staying with us as we offer something special to our guests who book the Special Promotion up to 30% discount. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, HostelBookers, Priceline, Hotels.com and Asiatravel.com Holdings so you can book your Grand President Bangkok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand President Bangkok Hotel Bangkok
- Grand President Hotel Bangkok
- Bangkok Grand President Hotel