We stayed here again for the second time but the hotel I heard is still refurbishing. They really should. We were placed in Tower 3, supposed to have 4 double rooms but they upgraded us to 2 units of 2 bedroom suite that had a washer/dryer and that was good. I requested higher floors and they gave Level 8, top floor was the pool.
Upon arrival, the check in was smooth, front office staff was accommodating. Room wise was really dated. I found leftover food in the fridge, the washer still had leftover detergent in it. Got the maid to clean and on another occasion, we requested additional tissue roll as the maid did not refill but she gave us only mutterings. Only got it after we called Front Office. For info, there was only 1 lift to service all in Tower 3.
Then one of the rooms in our suite had a nasty smell emitting from it (like a dead rat) and it was similar sentiment at our other room in the next suite. They couldn't do much except to spray when we complaint. Worse was yet to come, the toilet in my room was draining very slow when we checked in but the next day, it was clogged! That happened when we returned late at night and we couldn't use the toilet. Both of us had to use the toilet at the lobby the next morning but they did send a technician to clear it. Good for only that day as the next day, it started to drain slowly again. Bear in mind, we did not flush toilet paper in it. The hot water shower was not even lukewarm. So if you want a nice hot bath to relax those muscles after a day's walking, you can forget about it!
Breakfast fare was sufficient but there are quite a number of Indians staying and I saw them touching the bread with their bare hands (although tongs were provided) and they took not the one they touched but the next one. Yucks! I stayed off bread then. I also saw a little cockroach near the eggs/omelette section!
This hotel is good for its location. If you are into pubs and drinks, this is the place to have nice and cheap drinks by the roadside provided by modified 'drinks' van or you could go to the clubs as well. Minimarts, 7 Elevens, Laundry services, massages are all there. Nana station is a mere 5 minutes away. Robinsons, McDonalds and Terminal 21 are a stone's throw away. But for the price you can have choices elsewhere on the same street or vicinity.
I would stay in this location again but will try other places. Unless I can be sure they have undergone refurbishment to all of its units.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand President Bangkok is situated along Sukhumvit Soi 11 and a 5 minute walk to Nana BTS skytrain station. It is walking distance to entertainment outlets such as QBar and Bash, and a short drive to hospitals, embassies and shopping centers. This property features 437 air-conditioned rooms and suites all with a kitchenette consisting of a large fridge and microwave oven. Additional facilities include a Laundromat, 3 outdoor swimming pools, cafe with alfresco dining, sauna and steam room. Present your keycard for exclusive discounts and/or free entrance to select restaurants, bars and hospitals. Songkran which is celebrated in Thailand from 13th - 15th April is the traditional New Year 's Day. The most obvious celebration of Songkran is the throwing of water upon others. Come and celebrate this season by staying with us as we offer something special to our guests who book the Special Promotion up to 30% discount. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Despegar.com, Ctrip TA, HostelBookers, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Grand President Bangkok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand President Bangkok Hotel Bangkok
- Grand President Hotel Bangkok
- Bangkok Grand President Hotel