“It's worth it for the view- 1 night there will suffice.” 4 of 5 stars

You added Baiyoke Sky Hotel to your Saves list
Baiyoke Sky Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   222 Rajprarop Rd | Rajthevee, Bangkok 10400, Thailand   |
Ranked #322 of 764 Hotels in Bangkok
“It's worth it for the view- 1 night there will suffice.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

God room with amazing amazing bathroom! Great location for pat pong, mbk and sky rail. Pool is lovely and great for a few moments away from Bangkok! The roof top bar is naturally bonkers being Thai! We got a good deal at £44. I wouldn't want to pay more!

• Stayed August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (438)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Had a very average few days at this hotel. Service was pretty terrible throughout the hotel. Room smelled of durian. Windows in rooms are very small unless you stay in a suite. The elevator system is a nonsense! Sometimes had to wait up to 20 minutes for a lift to go to and from my room to lobby- as 4 or 5 times the lift opened and was so packed with tourists going to observation deck we couldn't get in!! All restaurants are overpriced canteen-like buffets, so nowhere to go at night for a nice relaxing meal. The sky bar was the biggest joke of this hotel. Decorated like a child's bedroom with a solar system theme! Blue floors, paper planets hanging from the ceiling, neon signs, a young boy with a laptop 'dj-ing' and a waitress dressed as an astronaut! Not a place to go for a romantic drink! Also extortionate prices for wifi, considering most hostels in south east Asia have free wifi, it's a joke that this hotel charge so much. The swimming pool decor is so tacky and while we were there there was a dirty babies nappy beside the seating area, twice staff walked by and never removed it. also ordered a chicken burger, if you do go to this hotel then please order the chicken burger and see if you can find anything chicken-like about it! This was definitely a stuffing burger, not a bit of chicken in sight.

The only reason I gave this hotel poor and not terrible was that we had an excellent massage (if overpriced by Bangkok prices even in happy hours) and also breakfast is good with a brilliant view.

This hotels only hope is that someone who knows how to run a hotel properly buys it soon.

Room Tip: Unless you are getting a suite there s no point in paying extra for a higher room, the windows are s...
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

I often wrote nice reviews I have experienced but sometimes the hotel should get negative feedback to improve their service and maintain their asset.
I have read reviews about the hotel but my husband suggested we should give it a go and make our own decision.
Well, we decided to stay at the tallest building in Bangkok, Baiyoke Sky Hotel. Oh what an experience that was!
We were there for three nights. Luckily, our room is located in Sky Zone, therefore we didn’t need to change three lifts to go to breakfast.
Pro:
1. The staff at Tee-Off, Spa and Swimming pool are very friendly and polite
2. Great breakfast selection especially if you like Asian cuisines. The waitresses provided great service with information about where to go etc
3. Our room is a large corner room (small window though). The room is nice & clean. Big bathroom with great hot shower and very clean.
4. Best fruit buffet on level 18 lobby.
5. Good location if you like shopping for cheap clothing.
6. Fantastic location for access to the Airport link train station – only 200 meter walk
Con:
1. We were shocked when the check-in reception asked for 3,000 Baht for deposit considering we have already paid for our room in full. (Noted: we were refunded the deposit at check-out)
2. The ground floor entrance was often too busy with tourists going to the top-deck for sightseeing. Suggestion would be that the hotel should have a dedicate lift for guests who reside there.
Sometimes it seemed impossible to get in or out from the lift with large, organized, pushy sightseeing coach tourists crowding the entrances.
3. Out dated room fixtures, color scheme & carpet.
4. Swimming pool too small for a large hotel with a bad color scheme (pink, orange & blue?) around pool area
5. No free Wi-Fi which is not as bad as the 250 baht hire fee for a power adaptor.
Wrapping up, we were glad we stayed at the Baiyoke Sky Hotel for the experience of staying in a super high rise hotel.
However there are so many nicer, smaller and cheaper hotels in Bangkok, we would have to think twice before booking this hotel again unless they fix the elevator issue.
Regards,
Saifon

Room Tip: Sky Zone is good
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Besides having a great view, depending on your room, the hotel is run-down and lacks any other aspects to elevate that benefit. Even though my room was in the Sky Zone, the room looks really run-down and the aircon was not working properly. No free WiFi in room nor at hotel lobby (unless you dine at the cafe). Buffet breakfast was not something I would recommend.

Taxi drivers waiting outside of the hotel are choosy of where you are going and always demand a high fixed rate. Had a much easier time getting a cab on the main street or at Platinum Mall.

The real advantages would be that the hotel is located near Platinum mall which is probably 5 minutes walk away and the surrounding has a street market for food and stuff.

With a view or not, I think it is recommended to get a hotel which is more valuable and have a ideal location closer to the BTS or MRT.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
New Delhi, India
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

The only upside to the hotel is the location. But there are many hotels around this location so you can always choose a better one. Unfriendly front desk. Long queues for getting into the hotel elevators to go to your own room, thanks to some tours which make it impossible to get into the lifts.No free wifi was available in room, you have to pay an unacceptable charge, while the only free wifi you could use is at the cafe downstairs but not the lobby area.

Singapore, Singapore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

By far the worst hotel I have stayed in in my life. I have never written a review but this is so horrible that it has to be known.

First off, I have taken and done research on service excellence and this to me is the upmost importance. The staff at the front desk has absolutely no warmth and hospitality, showing poker faces and impatience while answering to my queries.

NEXT, the guy at the concerige was impatient with my requests: I checked in my bags and wanted to grab some stuff Afew times, could be my mistake for not double checking but that doesn't give him the right to raise his voice ("I AM CHIEF CONCERIGE, I TELL YOU TAKE YOUR THINGS CHECK, I BUSY!"- as quoted exactly from him). I mean geez, I know he is the CHIEF, but he is still working and providing service right?

I'm not done. Think this is a 4/5 star hotel? But they are charging for WIFI (400baht A DAY) and adapters (250 baht). Even the guesthouses I was backpacking to provided FREE WIFI. Called for the iron and ironing board, took them an hour and a half with 6 reminder calls from me ( of 2 I got hung up on and told they were busy)

Was attended by a russian lady at the Guest relations counter. Glared at me when I APOLOGIZED AND GREETED HER to ask her a question. Answered me in a monotonous voice and went back to her work.

The only friendly staff were the bell boys, makes me wonder why does it always have to be the lower ranking staff that are the nice ones.

I personally think that they don't really care. They are an established hotel anyway, getting huge, and I mean huge tour groups everyday to visit their revolving tower (which by the way is their only plus), buses of tour groups pay money to get to the top, so I believe they just don't care, they don't care about service providence, they don't care about guest retention, they don't care about your stay, they just don't.

Last but not least, they need to learn a thing or two from guesthouses and 2-3 star hotels especially in Vietnam (stayed in quite a handful for 2 weeks and every staff from all the hotels were warm, friendly, hospitable and lovely).

The management of this hotel should be embarrassed for being compared to a guesthouse.

I don't have to say if I'm coming back to here to stay anymore do I?

• Stayed August 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

Booked 3 nights stay for 26 September - 29 September. Emailed them to enquire about the process of cancellation, instead of advising me of the process they went ahead and cancelled my booking. Then they told me they will only refund 2 nights as the cancellation was made within 10 days of check-in. Email advising cancellation was received on 3 August 2013, which is well more than 10 days.

I've been trying to contact them to get a FULL refund, but kept being passed around or hung up on. No response via email.

Horrible customer service.

• Stayed September 2012

Been to Baiyoke Sky Hotel? Share your experiences!