“Terrible place to stay, poor customer service” 1 of 5 stars

Baiyoke Sky Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   222 Rajprarop Rd | Rajthevee, Bangkok 10400, Thailand   |
Ranked #328 of 761 Hotels in Bangkok
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
“Terrible place to stay, poor customer service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

I choosed this hotel as i saw good reviews online, and decided why not to spend alittle more money on hotel to make my trip enjoyable. However, when I was checking into the hotel, there was plenty of unpleasant 'surprises'.

First of all, the lift and corridors was warm, no air conditioning. Well, that is still bearable.
During my check-in, there was no proper queue, everyone was squeezing and trying to get 'priority' over one another.

When it was my turn, I asked the person in charge, if I could add an extra bed, since the online room description photo says a double bed an a single bed, with a maximum of 3 adult+ a children. To my surprise, the person told me, I would need to pay for 2 additional bed instead. When I asked for the manager on duty, the manager told me the same thing, and asked where did i saw the photo? i told him i saw it on their own independent website, www.baiyokehotel.com. He challenged me to show him the link, which i did.

After a long argument, he said that i did not select the number of person staying in the room at the link. The photo shows a double bed + a single bed, but he mentioned that what we are paying is for 2 person, if there are going to be additional 2 person, need to pay for 2 extra bed.

I booked a total of 4 rooms, which is not cheap, and i would just like to arrange 4 adults in a room because of family (do not mind paying for an extra bed), and the rest of the room have 2 person each, however the manager said no. in the end i need to book an extra room.

the 4 rooms i booked online are of the same room type, however when we got to our rooms, it seems all 4 are in different setup. only one room has it with the double bed + single bed setup, and the rest are all small and in corner lots (the shape of the room are triangle). Got to know from front desk that website bookings are corner lots, I told her how would i know? and also this info is not written online.

When i got to my room, there was this foul smell, and i was forced to go back to front desk and request for a replacement room. The hotel is old and condition of everything is rubbish (considering the amount of money spent, it's not worth it at all).

When i was checking out, i tried to look for a rubbish bin in the lobby to throw away plastic bags from my final shopping trip, unable to find it myself. So i approached the staff, and asked if there are any rubbish bin, they could not understand what i was saying, and asked if i was looking for the lift.

Will never returned to the hotel in future.

Room Tip: If you need a Double Bed + Single Bed configuration, you would have to indicate in your additional r...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (428)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, null, Singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

1. Called the Housekeeping and Front Desk for 2 large bath towel for 4 times within 2 hours and each time was promised they will be delivered. None came.
2. Wrote a feedback letter which was provided by Housekeeping and passed it to the Guest Relation officer. Explained my disappointment with the poor service and again nothing happened!
3. Room was very simply furnished. Poor lightings and you can feel the bars under the sofa!
4. Lifts to the Lobby was excruciating slow! There are 3 but only 1 goes up or down at one time!
We even have to rush for the Staff lift due to the long wait!
5. Shower just could not give a constant controlled temperature. It is either too hot or too cold! Did not have a good bath for the whole 6 days stay!
6. Black out does occur! And I thought Hangover II's ploy was far-fetched! But it is absolutely true!
7. Lobby's air-condition was so poor that I broke out in sweat just sitting there!
8. Definitely will not go back again. Not even for a second chance!

Singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

1) Water sometime cold and hot. Cannot take a good shower throughout my entire stay.
2) Room smell.
3) Carpet and sofa is dirty - can see the stain mark.
4) Ask for extra towels for my kids for four times within the first day and never came. Even wrote a complain letter but hear nothing from the hotel at all. Throughout my five days stay, they did not even bother to response.
5) My child was tired and sleep on my lap in the lobby while waiting for the taxi driver to pick us up, the hotel guest relation manager told me this is not allowed. I am a hotel guest and my kid is only a young child who is tired and hence taking a short nap on my lap only.
6) Even experience black-out and no air-con was available. So stuffy.
7) The lift is too pack and got to share the lift with the tourist who are going up to the observatory. Waiting forever ...

3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Really enjoyed our stay here. Great Location. There is alot going on in this hotel and being the tallest building in Thailand it is quite the tourist attraction for non-guests. This meant that the lifts were quite busy and the entry at ground level was always crowded. We didnt see this as a negative, if anything it provided some atmosphere and people watching that some of the more 'boring' hotels dont have, and not spending too much time here during the day this wasnt really a problem. There seem to be a thousand different restaurants, cafes, bars on various levels all of which seem to have had their day, but still really good for what we paid.

Room was nice and very big as far as hotel rooms go, with a great view. Wifi very expensive.

The one thing that leaves a sour taste in our mouths is that my debit card was photocopied on checkin to cover any expenses - no problem. Unfortunately an attempt was made to purchase around $3000 worth of electronics goods over the internet on the last night we were there. I cannot categorically prove that someone within the hotel used my card details, other than to say it is the only time that particular card has left my wallet for around 6 months. We brought this to the attention of reception, only to be told it wasnt them - fair enough as we had no proof. A shred of sympathy may have been nice though. Have since emailed Baiyoke to let them know what happened but have not had any reply.

Apart from this incident which may or may not have been the fault of the hotel, we would stay again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I have chosen this property twice for my stay in Bangkok. Bang amidst the hustle bustle of The city and owing to its proximity to many shopping malls around. Luxurious rooms. Stayed on both the Sky zone and the space zone ! Crazzzzy view ! Rise up to a splendid morning view, right from your bed ! Night view of the sprawling clover leaf highway to your right and the Grand Centara in the front from the sky zone was sexy ! Revolving deck has a magnificent view and so does the Stella Palace Restro on the 79th floor. Breakfast was crazy with international dishes Cooked to perfection. Grand lobby, pool on the 23rd floor (or th 24, don't remember) and an incredible service by the staff ! #Looking forward to stay again on my future visits. Expensive, but worth it ! 250Usd + !
Came here twice, along with friends and family too !

Room Tip: Sky zone or the space zone ! Ask for a room facing the Grand Centara for a magnificent view in the n...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Mumbai (Bombay), India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

We stayed at the Baiyoke Sky after a beautiful holiday in Cambodia. Sadly, this place disappointed us to the core. Rude & unhelpful staff (they literally treat people like cattle especially the females at the breakfast buffet on the 82nd floor), the staff either don't smile or give a forced one. The breakfast area is like a canteen, but the food is pretty decent. The only thing good about the hotel is the view from the rooms. Our room on the 61st floor (the junior suite) had a beautiful view of bangkok city. The housekeeping is also pathetic. I noticed for 2 days in a row that they had folded the used hand towels and placed them on the rack. Please stay here only if you enjoy the skyline else PLEASE BOOK ELSEWHERE. Will NEVER stay here EVER again & will definately never recommend it to any of my friends or family. The staff really need some training in customer relations & etiquette. Please AVOID.

indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Thailand is famous for shopping, and you can find it if you stay in Baiyoke Sky.
I've stayed here many times...and last stayed I went with my friends.
Baiyoke sky is in Pratunam area..so it's very easy to find any transportation in front of this hotel : taxi ,tuk-tuk ,rental car to Pattaya etc.
From Don Muang airport, it's about 220 Baht by taxi to this hotel.In front of this hotel is Pratunam market, it opens from 5 am in the morning till 23 pm...and you can find any dress, shirts,pants,shorts, Thailand souvenir and also Thai food : durian, mango etc..it's cheaper here than in the mall.
And this hotel has free shuttle every hour to Siam square, where you can find BTS and also Madame Tussaud.
The room and also its bed is quite large ,which you can sleep together with your kids.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Baiyoke Sky Hotel? Share your experiences!