“Nice hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #365 of 772 Hotels in Bangkok
Almaty, Almaty City, Kazakhstan
“Nice hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I have been to Bangkok two times and always stayed at Baiyoke Sky.
I like this hotel, its rooms in Sky or Space Zones. There are a lot of trade outlets around the hotel, especially Indra trade center - a lot of different items, gifts and etc. Also, everyone could enjoy KFC, Mc Donalds (who loves it) and chinese, thai, indian cuisines.
I have already booked a number in this hotel for my next trip to Bangkok.
If you decide to stay here, take a breakfast. It is delicious.

Room Tip: Superior Suite Sky or Space Junior Suite Sky or Space
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (512)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Baiyoke sky is in Pratunam area..it's a good location especially for people who like shopping.
From 5 am in the morning,you can go down to the market in front of the hotel..lots of seller there..sell shirt,dress,short and many others in good quality..and it will be closed at 7.30 or 8 am..and the road will open to the vehicle..
You can go shopping to pratunam till night...
Baiyoke sky is not only good location for shopping,but from here it's quite easy to catch taxi,or tuktuk to any location in bangkok..to MBK,grand palace,airport..so easy to rent a car to pattaya too..
Besides that..don't forget to get excellent breakfast buffet in Baiyoke sky's tower..two tumbs up..
I'd stayed here more than 3 times..and I always recommend this hotel to anyone..

• Stayed August 2012
Moscow, Russia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

We stayed for a couple of nights in this hotel. Had a problem with our reservation and booking dates that lead us to check in late. Please tell your staff to be more polite because the mistake was not from our end! Fine, got our room with a feeling of relief. The room was quite old and had a weird smell. Going around the bust streets is quite stressfull with the heat. I suggest always carry a bottle water with you. Food in Thailand could be mildly spiced upon request..The city tour was very interesting but traffic in the area could be bad to worst. Breakfast at the hotel was okay but could be a lot better. Service was quite slow and coffee was served warm..not hot :( please improve on this. Overall, the hotel has a lot of potential but potential is hard to come by.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012 via mobile

Booked for 7 nights get dere and she tell me deres no big beds that I've to take two beds after paying for big room and big bed I have to pay more to get the same thing as I booked befor the food is not good at all will not stay here agen and I say don't stay here to any one thinking of it takes 30 to 45min just to get to your room I stay in many top hotels as low hotels and I'd happy stay in a 1star hotel then stay here agen

Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Phuket, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

We stayed 2 nights in the SPACE ZONE ( 64th-74th floor), we stayed on 71'st floor and it was fun chillin' on the 81'st floor rooftop bar and music and experienced the revolving observation deck at night viewing the stunning glamour of Bangkok, the location is good for shopping 10 minutes walk from the hotel to platinum mall,5 minutes walk to sky train.The room was clean and the food was good,a buffet breakfast,lots of choices. Don't miss the ultimate highest experience!

Room Tip: Don't be tight and pay for the " SPACE ZONE".
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Warning not to reserve a room in Sky Baiyoke for New Years. Last New years eve we have reserved a room months in advanced and promised a room over looking the fireworks. We are very excited because this will be our daughter first New Years Celebration out of our home. we are very much looking forward in her seeing the fireworks.

Check in day our room was on the wrong side of the hotel and a call from the front desk was not very helpful they suggested just to go by the front lobby and see it from there. Fine too late now while waiting we ordered room service and the food took over an hour and when it arrived we found a wrong room number crossed out on the receipt. but when I called the room operator they lied regarding my order.

When it was time for the fireworks what a disappointment the hotel failed to let us know that the Amari Hotel blocked the view of the fireworks and we ended up seeing nothing at all.

Sky Baiyoke refused us to go on the view deck because we did not opt for the dinner but if they calculated the room rate and room service it will be more than the dinner price. They should have mention this to us prior our booking so that we could have made other arrangements. We are very disappointed and will not stay or recommend this Hotel

This year we will be staying at the Hilton riverside and they even called us and re-confirmed our room facing the river

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Cairo, Al Qahirah, Egypt
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

From where should I start!!!! At first I was amazed by the view, rooms and everything! Till I woke up early morning with a horrible skin rash! But that couldn't ruin my vacation so I totally ignored it, went out, had fun to came bc to my room at night to find big cockroach on my bed waiting for me !!!!!we called the reception, first response was okay and after an hour of waiting second call was a disaster! The girl hung up on me and then they sent room service to show us another room,we changed rooms and while we were settling down suddenly we found another baby cockroach and here came the third call time!it was shocking!!!the receptionist said sorry madam the hotel is fully booked and u already changed rooms once and can't do anything! Anyways we had a fight and said that this isn't acceptable and refused to spend the night in that room!so after an hour of rudeness the manager decided to move us! Of course we found a cockroach in the bathroom after an hour but we fed up and stayed! Thanks baiyoke sky for trying ruining my vacation!but luv u Bangkok still!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Baiyoke Sky Hotel? Share your experiences!