“Nice experiance at Hyatt !!” 5 of 5 stars

Announcement
Join Hyatt Gold Passport®
Ranked #31 of 766 Hotels in Bangkok
Silvassa, Dadra and Nagar Haveli, India
“Nice experiance at Hyatt !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

I have stayed 3nights in this hotel during my visit to Thailand. The hotel, I think may be 15-20 years old. But They maintained entire things very nicely as new !!! . The quality , Ambience, food , pool , Pub etc. are well maintained and I cannot say any lack anywhere.
The reception and entire staff were very friendly and helpful.
Located centrally at the city of Bangkok.
Highly recommended for a stay in Thailand.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Adam Z, Hotel Manager at Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok, responded to this review, March 30, 2014
Dear Santoshlantec,

Greetings from Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok and many thanks for making us your preferred hotel during this visit to Thailand. I was delighted to read your feedback regarding your stay and we do sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share it via this forum.

Rest assured that your praise of the hotel's upkeep after more than two decades in operation will be communicated to our dedicated teams in Engineering and Housekeeping. Your comments about the overall service you experienced will also be shared as they motivate us to continue and provide authentic hospitality.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel and please feel free to contact me directly should you require any assistance in the future.

adam.zilber@hyatt.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

If staying in central Bangkok, I highly recommend this Grand Hyatt. The building is truly grand and has character that I didn't see at the other hotels we popped into while there. If you want the river, that is different, but based on other high-end mid-town hotels, we were extremely happy to be staying at the Grand Hyatt.

Newly renovated room, we were on the Club Level and had no complaints. The service team were superb in assisting with pretty much everything -- questions, reservations, car bookings, etc. Addressed as Mr. ____ right from Day 1... No complaints.

The location is near the BTS, which was convenient and direct access to the major malls.

We originally booked for 4 nights and then skipped our plans to go to Hua Hin as the hotel, pool and spa were far more attractive than bothering with 3 nights down to the beach. Simplicity and comfort trumped adventure and it allowed us to explore Bangkok at a deeper level.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Lahlahlo from Singapore,

Greetings from Bangkok and many thanks for making us your hotel of choice while visiting Thailand.

I was delighted to read your positive comments regarding your recent visit to Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok and am happy to see that our hotel met your needs. Our location is indeed unique and we pride ourselves on providing authentic hospitality. Thank you for extending your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Please feel free to contact me via adam.zilber@hyatt.com should you require any assistance.

Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei Darussalam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

Was there during the "Occupation of Central World" so most of the roads were not accessible. Good thing the BTS are extremely reliable. Of course, I have done my homework before getting to Bangkok and it was easy to navigate to the hotel from Phaya Thai station.

Front Office - Check in staff were very prompt and extremely helpful with all the queries that I have. They all could converse in English and always have a smile on too. I have a couple of requests on my room and it was met, which made the whole experience great.The security within the hotel too were tighten than normal, I would presume due to the "Occupation". As a guest, I feel so safe at all times.

Room - Newly refurbished and it feels grand. It has subtle plush feel too it. The bed, duvet and pillows were "heavenly" (sorry Westin for using this term). There was no fantastic view from the room that I stayed but that was ok, as I want to be away from the noise from "Occupation". The washroom is nicely design too for the space that was given. Oh! The wall panel between the bath and room is retractable, so can have bath while watching CNN.

Facilities - Great gym! The swimming pool is the best in town, I think. Even the spa treatments are awesome. Tennis court was ok too, even though the court have an odd bounce to it.

Breakfast - Great spread. Could do more especially for those who are vegetarians, which I am not by the way.

Location - It is right smack in the city centre where all the big department stores are. Great place if want to do loads of shopping. A great introduction to Bangkok city for those first timers. The hotel is accessible with taxis, train and river taxis too. Taxi ride from hotel to airport was less than 250 baht. Fancy and not-so fancy eateries are only a walking distant away too.

Minor drawback, the room was slightly dusty... I start to sneeze every time I enter the room. Please remind housekeeper to look into this.

Room Tip: Request rooms with the city view, great during evening.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Adam Z, Hotel Manager at Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok, responded to this review, March 29, 2014
Dear Tinhead69 from Brunei Darussalam,

I was delighted to read your feedback from your recent visit to our hotel. Many thanks for making us your preferred hotel in Bangkok and for subsequently sharing your comments with us.

I am glad to read you enjoyed our newly-renovated guestrooms as well as overall facility. I agree with you that our pool area is quite unique and indeed offers an oasis within Bangkok's urban jungle. The safety and security of our guests, especially during the past three months of political unrest in Bangkok, have been of utmost importance to us. It is reassuring to read that the measures we have put in place assisted in making sure you feel safe and secure in our hotel. Rest assured that your positive comments will be shared with the teams who were able to showcase to you our authentic hospitality, and areas of opportunity, such as the dusting in your room, will also be addressed.

We do hope to have the opportunity to host you again in the future and please feel free to contact me via adam.zilber@hyatt.com should you require any further assistance.

Sandton, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

Seldom can I compliment a hotel on it's overall excellence. In this instance I am most happy to do so. The genuine customer care and friendliness, the efficiency and helpfulness of all the team that I had contact with was a real pleasure. The Club team was most professional and couldn't do enough to make my stay one where I was sorry to say Goodbye! Minor issues, such as needing additional towels, where promptly dealt with and the request only had to be made once for the entire stay.
This hotel will be my first choice for a return visit to Bangkok.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Markalso,

Thank you for making Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok your preferred hotel and for subsequently sharing feedback about your recent visit.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed our authentic hospitality and that the staff was able to accommodate all of your needs. Comments such as the ones you shared are indeed motivating and will be shared with our teams.

Should you require any future assistance please feel free to contact me directly via adam.zilber@hyatt.com. It would our pleasure to welcome you back to our hotel.

Many thanks once again for staying with us and all the best.

Canberra, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

Smooth limo pickup. Meet and greet OK, taken straight to room. The girl that showed us to our room, a Grand Suite, was only interested in getting the credit card number, departure date and confirming room price. There was no induction whatsoever into the workings of the suite. Like where the jug is,(no where near the fridge and bar).,how to control the aircon, lights, tv & sound system etc, which in these modern rooms can be quite daunting. Like how to switch the light off for instance.
I awoke early the next morning, couldn't get the coffee machine to work, couldn't find the jug to boil some water, waited till 6:30 for the Club Lounge on the same floor to open, to get a coffee,, the staff weren't interested in assisting. Went to the Club Lounge for breakfast and ordered eggs Benedict. Half an hour later, still waiting and then I saw it arrive wrapped in glad wrap from another kitchen, half cold. Last time we stayed in Bangkok, we stayed at the Peninsula, which would leave this place for dead, as far as staff training is concerned.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Paul E,

Many thanks for making us your preferred hotel in Bangkok during your recent visit to Thailand and for subsequently sharing your feedback with us.

I was, however, extremely disappointed that we failed to meet your expectations and would like to personally and sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced. Rest assured that your comments have been shared with our teams to ensure we address any areas of opportunity immediately. We failed to provide to you the level of authentic hospitality we are known for, but are committed to improvement and would like to have the opportunity to restore your confidence in Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok.

Please see me as a personal point of contact in our hotel should your travel plans include Bangkok in the future. I may be reached via: adam.zilber@hyatt.com and would appreciate any additional feedback you may have.

Once again please accept our apologies and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

The Grand Hyatt Bangkok is a comfortable luxury hotel in the heart of Bangkok. But what makes this property stand out from the others is the high degree of personalized service. An example of this is the service that I received by their Concierge. When I asked for directions for the central world mall, rather than just showing me on a map the Concierge actual walked me to the place which was a 5min walk. This was amazing service.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Adam Z, Hotel Manager at Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Dear Pasha-Famiy,

Many thanks for making us your preferred hotel in Bangkok and for subsequently sharing your positive feedback. Rest assured that your comments will be communicated to our Concierge Team to recognize them for their efforts.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel and please let me know if I may be of any further personal assistance. I may be reached via: adam.zilber@hyatt.com.

Best personal regards,

Lillesand, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

This hotel holds a very high standard, from the service level and politeness of the people working there to the standard of the rooms and interior. Our family of 4 stayed in a grand suite that had newly been renovated and the room was superb!
We stayed at the pool for a few hours each day, something to recommend if you would like to get great poolside service of drinks and snacks and one truly forgets that this Hotel is in the middle of the city centre when relaxing there.
Access to the grand club was a nice treat - located at the 17th floor with great views to the city. I can really recommend this hotel. We felt really safe the whole time and we will clearly choose this hotel when next time in Bangkok!

Room Tip: Get a room with acces to the grand club.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Adam Z, Hotel Manager at Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok, responded to this review, March 16, 2014
Dear JLarse02,

I was delighted to read your positive comments regarding your recent stay stay at Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok. Many thanks for not only completing our internal guest satisfaction survey, but for also sharing your feedback via this forum.

Please rest assured that your comments will be shared with our teams and please see me a as a personal point of contact in our hotel should you require any further assistance.

Many thanks for making us your preferred hotel in Bangkok.

AZ

Been to Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok? Share your experiences!