“Excellent Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Landmark Bangkok

You added Landmark Bangkok to your Saves list
Landmark Bangkok
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   138 Sukhumvit Road | Khlongtoey, Bangkok 10110, Thailand   |
Ranked #69 of 766 Hotels in Bangkok
4.5 of 5 stars 1,166 Reviews
Los Angeles, California
“Excellent Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2009

Excellent classy hotel with exceptional service. I only paid $100 US / night which was extrememly high for Thailand but well worth the price. Exceptional amenities and service. I also chose this place because they have a full gym there similar to a 24 Hour Fitness or Crunch in the USA. All state of the art gym equipment and free weights with treadmills and cardio equipment. Close to the Nana Sky Train Station that goes everywhere in Bangkok. Only 2 stops to Siam and MBK Shopping Centers. Across the street from street market. Also check out Amari Boulevard Hotel across the street. Nice hotel but very noisy in a shady side street.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (259)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2009

I stayed here for only a short time, but I thought the price was decent and the location was good. right in the middle of the city, close to the monorail system that they use. it was a very business-friendly hotel. i felt like a lot of people that stayed here were in town for business, therefore it was a nice hotel with a lot in it, and very big, but less cozy than it was practical. i was in bangkok to sight see and didnt really care about the hotel i stayed in aside from location, price, safety, and a general cleanliness. in terms of those characteristics, i would recommend this hotel. the hallway smelled a little bit like cigarette smoke, but the room was very practical and had everything you would need, including a nice view of the city. we had the standard, cheapest room. there was a lot in the hotel itself, including bars, restaurants, fitness center. i did not stay long but i would recommend this hotel to people anyways. the concierge were helpful, there was a nice turn down service, and good location if youre in the area to sightsee or shop.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2009

We (my wife of 34 years is Thai) have stayed in this area of Sukumvit Road many times in the past but never at the Landmark. We have stayed both at the nearby NaNa Hotel and the Amari Boulevard. This hotel shines above those in every respect. The area of Sukumvit Road is busy but there is everything you could want nearby. In addition the NaNa skytrain station is very convenient. The area is much improved from previous visits as far as air quality as there is less traffic (although still dense) and they have done a lot to 'green-space' the area.
The hotel itself is very clean and well taken care of. There are multiple restaurants within the hotel itself to suit anyones taste. The buffetts are massive with great variety. The staff was very gracious and helpful although our ability to speak the language may have helped. The staff however did speak excellent English and there was no difficulties in understanding when I spoke English.
I made my reservations through Hotels.com on the internet which featured 3 nights for the price of 2. This made the price of the room very affordable and probably less that the nearby Amari Blvd. Be warned that this discounted price doesn't include the breakfast buffett.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Near Chester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2009

We stayed at the Landmark for 2 nights at the start of our Thailand honeymoon. Never been to Asia before so this was our first impression. The hotel was fab - a great big corporate hotel with all the facilities you'd expect. As hotel managers we both notice everything and have high stadards but we couldn't fault it. We were upgraded to a suite which, while traditional in style (4 poster bed), was not tired and was very comfortable - had the best 2 nights sleep here of the whole trip. The room facilities were way beyond british 4* standards. We didn't use the swimming pool but took a look at it was really nice. Must admit, didn't get anywhere near the gym but heard it was fabulous. Location was good - bustling part of town - it's difficult to appreciate the location after just 2 days but everything was close by and we either walked, tuk tuk'd or got the skytrain very easily everywhere. Our tour operator arranged us to have a flying visit guided tour of the city plus we had tailor-made suits as well. Great restaurant nearby called Cabbages and Condoms - nicest evening we had in Thailand - very relaxed but traditional excellent thai food and service - bit fun too. Would stay at this hotel again - ok, prices were high for thailand but you'd expect that in any hotel. Cocktails were worth it though - again, best of the trip! Breakfast was fab too - something for everyone and presentation was first class - the smoothie bar was bigger than most breakfast buffets I've seen. The hotel was actually a bit quiet and occupancy must have been quite low for the time of here - the bar was nearly empty most of the time so you should be able to get some nice low rates to stay here. I don't be able to comment on how this hotel would compare against other 4* venues in Bangkok as I'm sure the standard is high in all of them, however, I am confident to say that if you go there expecting the same standards as you would get in a high 4* /5* hotel in the UK, you will not be dissappointed.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Paris, France
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2009

Stayed here for about 7 days in may 2009. Hotel has a nice location (unless you have children because it is near NANA plaza). Rooms are ok, food and laundry overpriced. Mainly a hotel for business people and couples on a second honeymoon trip. A few mongers (sorry for the quotation) dressed up like cheap beach boys but treated like kings by the hotel staff. Uh!!!!!
At check in Hotel staff checked if my credit card was valid. I specifically asked them if they would already charge my card. The hotel staff said no. Five days later I got a phone call from my credit card company asking if I paid around 1000 dollar in Landmark Bangkok. I said no and it turned out that they already charged my card for this amount as a deposit. So they not accepted the charge by Landmark and blocked it.I have no problem with it when I authorize but I do have problem when they do this without my authorization. For me a credit card scam. Also that same day I got letter from the Hotel manager that my current balance was worrying them. The same day I paid everything cash and told the hotel staff what I thought of this.This hotel can keep their stupid smile after you have paid. Not a warm welcome but a k... in the a... The manager mr Frank Clovijn( i hope spelled correct) was not available for comment. This is was the top and I advice anyone to avoid this hotel. IT STINKS

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2009

This was a good choice for 3 nights at the start of our trip round thailand. Upgraded to a deluxe room which was great, absolutely loved the breakfasts and the pool was essential for relaxing after the hot city. also had room service when we arrived exhausted and the thai dishes were great and good value for a hotel. Didnt like the location much but was very near the sky train so this helped. oh and very comfy beds.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Manchester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2009

We just had an ordinary superior room, had no complaints, room was clean, beds were comfy with nice bedding. Bathroom was a good size, with soft towels and nice toiletries. Tea making facilties were also in the room. The Sky train was nearby. The choice of restaurants within the hotel meant that there was something to suit everyone. We liked the Greenhouse at the hotel front, especially the nice cakes that they served. We also ate in the Antrium and the Huntsman pub, the two for one offer on drinks was great. Whilst away on holiday we just wan't a nice clean comfortable hotel, central to all amenities, and this one did all that. Would stay there again.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Landmark Bangkok? Share your experiences!