“Nice hotel in excellent location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Landmark Bangkok

You added Landmark Bangkok to your Saves list
Landmark Bangkok
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   138 Sukhumvit Road | Khlongtoey, Bangkok 10110, Thailand   |
Ranked #69 of 772 Hotels in Bangkok
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Hua Hin, Thailand
“Nice hotel in excellent location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

Checkin is rather slow - always. I was now there for the 3rd time. Check well whether you get the room you have reserved. My (not renovated) room was OK but the bathroom needs some maintenance. Great breakfast and very nice staff. Good value.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are bigger. I suggest to pay a little bit more and choose renovated rooms although they...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

TheLandmarkBangkok, General Manager at Landmark Bangkok, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time and troubles to share your feedback with us following your recent stay.

I am sorry to learn that there was a delay in accessing your accommodation on arrival. We are currently reviewing our procedures to expediate our guests arrival experience, particularly for those who are returning guests to the hotel , and I do hope on your next visit that you will see an improvement in our process

We completed four floors of totally refurbished bedrooms in 2013 and look forward to completing more floors in 2014. Thank you for mentioning the bathroom that needs some maintenance, we will definitely improving it as well when we upgrading our product.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed our breakfast and that our staff were able to deliver their excellent service during your stay.

Thank you for selecting The Landmark for your stay in Bangkok. We do look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Douglas Glen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (298)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Franktown, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

I am currently at the Landmark Bangkok. This has been my home when I'm in Bangkok for the last 4 or 5 years. I was here about 5 times last year and am currently staying for a continuous 4 or 5 week stay. I cannot say enough great things about this hotel. The staff are fantastic. They call me by name which makes you feel right at home. Very friendly and accommodating. Pool is lovely. I usually get a corner club room which is very nice, very comfortable, great views, and quiet at a very reasonable price. Breakfast on the 31st floor is very pleasant, quiet; something to look forward too. I have stayed at many of the hotels in the close vicinity, some of which I just left early due to poor service and quality. I will always stay here when I am in Bangkok and would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: The upper four floors are so nice you will not want to leave. Especially the corner rooms there.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
TheLandmarkBangkok, General Manager at Landmark Bangkok, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Dear Guest

Welcome back and thank you very much for posting your feedback on this website and also for your continued patronage and support. This is greatly valued and very much appreciated by us all.

It is always a pleasure to read such very kind comments and I am delighted that you have enjoyed previous stays , and that our team members are able to make your time with us that bit more memorable. I was very pleased to read that you enjoy the comfort, space, breakfast and our magnificent views of the Bangkok skyline from our club floor.

Our team works very hard to ensure that we do not only meet, but also exceed our guests’ expectations. We endeavor to ensure all our guests’ experiences are as comfortable and memorable as possible and it will be my pleasure to share your positive remarks with our team members.

I do hope you are comfortable and enjoying your current stay, and afterwards we will be looking forward to welcome you back to The Landmark once again . Many thanks for selecting us for your stay in Bangkok, we all greatly apppreciate your support.

Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the landmark in a suite for 4 days has a stop over after a month in Australia, this hotel was recommended to us by people we visited in oz... We wasn't disappointed, our room was amazing beautifully fitted sitting room dinning area with all the mod cons, views over the river and Bangkok were just breath taking, the bed was amazing, the bathrooms too, breakfast was gorgeous sat by the river with plenty of options, we used the gym every day, which was small but had everything needed, beautiful plunge pool steam room and sauna, pool area is very well designed, all in all this is a gem of a find we have stayed at some amazing hotels and this is up there with the best of them.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Many thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us on this website.

I was delighted that you enjoyed your overall experience in the hotel and also pleased to read that our facilities in a suite have met your expectation. Thank you for highlighting our gym and swimming pool which have proven to be very popular with our guests.

We continually aim to deliver high standards of Thai hospitality to delight our guests and it will be our pleasure to welcome you back in the very near future.

Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

I stayed in this hotel so many times, I stopped counting. However, I did so for good reasons. Of course there are cheaper accommodations around, but also more expensive. Considering the standard of the hotel the price is reasonable. Let’s hope they go on with that policy and don’t join the JW Marriot that nearly doubled the room rates over night some years ago. Everything is good in this hotel, particularly the service and the kindness and helpfulness of the staff. Should you ever experience an unfriendly or harsh reaction it has to be you. ‘Will stay at the Landmark whenever I’m in the area. If you are not on budget but don’t want to waste money either and if you like the luxurious ambience of a great stylish hotel, there is no alternative in this location. Finally an advice that can be applied to all hotels in Thailand: Don’t cease your efforts for maintenance. I don’t remember ever a shower cubicle with a truly tight door.

Room Tip: Rooms opposite Sukumvit are quieter.
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for always selecting The Landmark for your stay in Bangkok. Your continued patronage and support over the years is greatly valued and very much appreciated.

I was absolutely delighted to learn that our product and service, in terms of accommodations, prices, location and ambience have met your expectation. Our aim is always to provide true Thai hospitality and I am so pleased that the team were able to display their excellent friendliness and helpfulness during your stay with us.

We endeavor to ensure that all our guests’ experiences are as comfortable and memorable as possible and it will be our pleasure to welcome you back very soon

Stoke-on-Trent
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

We stayed in the Landmark for 3 nights and were treated like Royalty. Everything was perfect.
The Concierge so Helpful as were all of the polite smiling staff in all departments.
From the collection at the airport to allowing us to leave luggage with them while we toured Thailand, nothing was too much trouble.
We will be back for sure

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for taking the time to submit a review on this website.

Your kind comments regarding our staff are most welcome, particularly to our concierge team. Our staff work very hard to deliver exceptional Thai hospitality, through service and quality standards and its has been my pleasure to share your review with them.

Thank you very much for selecting The Landmark for your stay in Bangkok, and we do look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Bangkok, Thailand
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

The only rooms worth staying in at this hotel are the refurbished premium club rooms do not confuse these with a standard club room which are shabby , damp , and have mould in the bathrooms this hotel is extremely tired apart from a few of the top floors which have undergone a refurbishment .

Bangkok is full of quality hotels shop around for a better deal you will be disappointed with your stay here in all respects from service , condition , etc.

Room Tip: If you feel you really want to stay here and I advise you don't book a premium club room not jus...

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

TheLandmarkBangkok, General Manager at Landmark Bangkok, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for posting your review on this website.

I was most concerned to read your feedback and I would be grateful if you could contact me at hm@landmarkbangkok.com in order to discuss this in more detail with you personally.
We take our customer feedback most seriously at the hotel ,and our managemnt team are readily available at all times to deal with any guest concerns. I do hope that during your stay we were able to assist you with any matter to ensure your stay was more comfortable.

We have just completed 4 floors of refurbished rooms in 2013 and together with our Premium Club bedrooms , we offer a most up to date room product ,and together with our bedroom refurbishment plans for 2014 , we continue to invest in the hotel and its facilities.

I do look forward to hearing from you

with kind regards

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

I have tried quite a few places in BKK and always come back to the Landmark. The location, the terrace bar (overpriced but fabulous people watching) and the access to a great gym make it perfect for me. The rooms are good, the bathrooms and showers really good and the staff helpful and friendly.
Wish the welcome drink was still wine rather than tea but you can't have everything I guess.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms away from the elevator
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for posting your feedback on this website and also for your continued patronage and support. This is greatly valued and very much appreciated.

It is great to hear that you enjoyed our excellent location in Sukhumvit and pleased that you enjoyed the Terrace, our outdoor restaurant which is popular with many guests where they can enjoy our food and beverage offerings, whilst taking in the Bangkok atmosphere. Thank you for highlighting our additional hotel facilities such as Fitness First gym, and guestrooms. I was very pleased to read that they have met your expectation.

Our aim is always to provide true Thai hospitality and I am delighted that the team were able to display their excellent friendliness and helpfulness during your stay.

Thank you for making The Landmark as your first choice in Bangkok. We do look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Douglas Glen

Been to Landmark Bangkok? Share your experiences!