“Skytrain from our window” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Landmark Bangkok

You added Landmark Bangkok to your Saves list
Landmark Bangkok
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   138 Sukhumvit Road | Khlongtoey, Bangkok 10110, Thailand   |
Ranked #69 of 772 Hotels in Bangkok
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Preston, United Kingdom
“Skytrain from our window”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Long time favourite, the Landmark has most things right.
The food and service are second to none. The buffet breakfast must cater for every nationality. Even porridge!
Our room was top quality. If there was a problem it was that we were so close to all the nightlife of the city, and the noise went on until around 2.00am.
The staff in all departments were too good to be true.

Room Tip: Go as high as you can, maybe that will lessen the night life noise (or go out on the town, but don...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
TheLandmarkBangkok, Manager at Landmark Bangkok, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear Guest

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit, and in particular that our team were able to create a memorable experience for you. We pride ourelves on delivering true Thai Hospitality and it will be my pleasure to share your kind comments with them.

I was very pleased that you enjoyed the sumptuous International breakfast offered in the setting of our Atrium restaurant. Our Chefs enjoy catering for our international clients and are becoming renowned for the quality of their porridge. I do hope you enjoyed the quality.

Thank you very much for taking the time and trouble to share your feedback with us. I have noted the nightlife of Sukhumvit may have disturbed, and for a future visit we will be pleased to welcome you back to our Premium Club bedrooms situated on our upper floors.

with many thanks and kind regards

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (298)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Stockholm, Sweden
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

I dont even know where to begin, my stay was absolutely terrible. I havent had such a bad experience in a five star hotel for years. The moment I checked in the receptionist had a really bad attitude towards me, I had arrived from a 18 hour flight and I wanted to rest. I was asked to give a 2000 baht deposit per day, which is outrageous considering every five star property I have stayed at in Bangkok, doesnt ask for more than 500-1000 baht a day. Imagine if I would have stayed there for weeks, my whole budget would of went straight to deposit then. I cant even think of anyone who spends that much money on mini-bar and in-room dining per day. I find it even more odd that they ask for such deposit when I had PREPAID the room in advance, and they wouldnt let me stay in the room if I didnt pay the deposit.

Next thing, they asked for my signature to sign some papers and each signature had to look exactly like the other. So I stood there in the reception for like 20 minutes trying to make each signature look exactly the same. Seriously, what kind of bullcrap is that?

The room quality was fine (Premium Room) for the price I paid. However, one thing after another more problems came up, they didnt have any shaving kits in the room, called the reception to bring me one. Nothing came after two hours, called the duty manager and it was reception who answered telling me that the duty manager was busy and they would send the shaving kit. It came to my room after one hour, so three hours wait for a shaving kit.

Came back to room after having dinner, found out that the electricity had been cut no internet and no power worked. I had an important invoice to send out and guess what, I could send it only five hours later when the power came back on. I find it really strange that a five star property dont have backups when such things happen.

On check out, I was asked to do the same thing as above with signing papers and I told the lady I had to be at the airport within 1hr 30 min, it took me 30 min to check out. She asked if I had taken anything from minibar, I said no. Now to the strange part, internet was supposed to be included in my room but according to her it wasnt, so I had to show her the voucher I had on it, even after she seen it she was still in doubt and had to make several phone calls which caused this major delay. Its 200 baht for gods sake, she wouldnt let it go. I was about to exit the hotel when this lady came running after me, telling me that one thing was missing from the minibar, I couldnt believe my ears, I had told her earlier that I hadnt taken anything and why would I lie about such thing? I was asked to write on a paper that I didnt take anything and again make an exact signature. I then walked as fast as I could out of the hotel, because by now I thought she would be headhunting me with more signatures.

I will never return here again and I wouldnt advice anyone to stay there, this is not a five star property, there is better hotels in the neightborhood such as J.W Marriott if you looking for location around there.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on this site

I am deeply disappointed that your stay with us did not meet your expectations, and would like to take this opportunity to apologise for the clear inconvenience caused.

Upon receiving your feedback on this website , I immediatley investigated the matter to take appropriate corrective action and at the same time check on our procedures. I will be very pleased to share my findings with you.

As with most international hotels we do ask for a guarantee payment to cover additional anticipated expenditure throughout the hotel , in order our guests may have ease of use, when partaking in our extensive facilities. I am sorry that this was not explained in greater detail.

The City of Bangkok did experience a major electrical failure on the night of your stay and we aimed to ensure all our guests requirements were cared for ,and I do apologise that we did not accommodate your needs at the time

I would clearly like to restore your faith in us and would be grateful if you would contact me at hm@landmarkbangkok.com in order to inform you personally of the corrective action taken , as well as to make your personal arrangements for a return visit

I do look forward to hearing from you

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Trip was excellecnt and the service of the staff starting from the front desk till the end was superb i would like to visit again and i will surely visit
Thanks everyone for helping me and making my visit wonderful.

Room Tip: all the room are excellent
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback on this website.

I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our team works very hard to ensure that we do not only meet, but also exceed our guests expectations and I am delighted that they were able to do just that for you on this occasion. We endeavour to ensure all our guests experiences are as comfortable and memorable as possible , and it will be my pleasure to share your positive remarks with our team members.

Thank you for selecting The Landmark for your stay in Bangkok and we do look forward to welcoming you back.

Udaipur, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

One of the best place to stay in Sukhumvit area for business purpose. The hotel is well connected with the metro, buses and other local public transport. Situated at the Sukhumvit Road, good place for shopping and dining. It is also near to the big shopping mall like Paragon etc.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback with us following your recent stay. I was very pleased that you found our location so convenient in Sukhumvit and with our connection to NANA BTS station so close.

It will be our pleasure to welcome you back to The Landmark Bangkok in the very near future.

Darlington, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

This is the first time I have used this hotel while visiting Bangkok and consider it good value for money for a 5 star BKK hotel. Courteous staff and a quick check in. Drinks are normal 5 Star prices but you don't have to go far to find cheap bars if that's what you want.
Would stay again.

• Stayed September 2013
TheLandmarkBangkok, Manager at Landmark Bangkok, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our hotel on this website.

I was very pleased to read that you had such an enjoyable stay with us, and that you found our location so convenient. Many thanks for your kind comments regarding our staff and the good value that we offer.

It will be our pleasure to welcome you back to Landmark Hotel Bangkok in the very near future

Lincoln
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

We arrived at the Landmark at 12.30 on the 29th August after travelling from Hua Hin we had booked club rooms where the normal procedure you are taken straight up to the club lounge. A very confused young man kept looking at our passports and checking the screen he spoke very little english and we were told to go and sit down (like naughty children) and wait after a while we were then told we could go a drink in the bar while they sorted things out. I then mentioned once again we were booked in club rooms and showed him all our paper work ! Finally we were ushered up to the club lounge only to be told our rooms wew not available which was fine as we know some people have late check out and rooms are not ready we were offered some refreshments and still every one was looking confused I asked if the problem was with our travel agent who we had booked with or was there a problem with the hotel? we never got a straight answer to this. finally 2 rooms were ready around 3pm 1 was a club suite which we had booked and the other 1 was a room with a 3rd bed made up in the lounge area after complaining about this my sister was told they would move them to a club suite the next day, at 5.30 the 3rd room we had booked was still not available by this time we were getting very annoyed and was shown to a suite which was not a club suite and told we could hopefully move rooms the next day we were so fed up by this time we said dont bother we will keep this room we had already wasted half a day My sister was moved the next day so we were hanging about the Hotel all morning.
The second problem was at breakfast the food was running out with no cereals available and no orange juice and no bread for toasting and these took about 10 mins to replenish the waiter said the has been very busy and had a large number of guests they must have known about the large amount of people that would be expected. dont expect this in a 5 star hotel!!
Thirdly we found it in very bad taste when we saw certain ladies coming in and out of the hotel from early morning and into the night and we were in no doubt what they were there for.
Once again not very good for a 5* Hotel !!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on this website, following your recent stay in August. You had clearly taken the time and trouble to make arrangements through your agent and we should have anticipated these, clearly we had not and should have planned better for your anticipated arrival.

I was concerned to read that your stay with us this did not meet your expectations, and I would like to take this opportunity to sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused.

We do, as standard, offer to escort our guests upon arrival to the Club Floor , in order that they may familiarise themselves with the layout of our hotel. I am deeply sorry that this was not offered when you arrived to the hotel, as this does not reflect our normal standards of service.

Thank you for your comments regarding the breakfast service and clearly there should have been a more plentiful supply, particularly when we anticipate being so busy . We are normally very proud of the high standards we maintain throughout the hotel, so I am truly sorry that we disappointed during your time with us.

We do value all our guests’ feedback, as this indeed gives us an accurate measure of the experience we are providing for our guests, and gives us the opportunity to continuously improve. I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Landmark Bangkok in the near future, and restore your faith in our hotel.

I will be very pleased to take care care of any future reservations personally and I can be contacted on hm@landmarkbangkok.com to assist in any way possible

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

This is a very nice hotel and has an excellent location if you want night outs. For bars/clubs you want to be around Sukhumvit Soi 11 and this hotel is a 5 minute walk from there.

Reception
Has the look and feel of a luxury hotel with a big driveway, huge lobby, well trained staff who are attentive to your needs. There are four express elevators in the hotel so you don't spend time waiting around.

Room
We had a Deluxe room with club facilities and the room was clean and very modern. It was quite high up so we had a nice view from the window over Bangkok. If you love your gadgets then you will like this hotel as everything is automated, even the curtans. You can control the lighting and pretty much most electrical things in the room from the TV which was impressive. Bathroom was a bit disappointing as it was very small and no bath tub which is not great for a 5 star hotel. A huge bugbear for me is always the shower water pressure and I wasn't blown away with the shower in the Landmark! The bed was very comfortable and we had some good night sleeps so no complaints there.

Club facilities were ok as good selection of food and drinks, whilst limited, are still fine.

Chinese Restaurant - Sui Sian
Food was ok and I say 'ok' as this restaurant is way too over priced for what it is.

Excellent service as when I left my camera in the restaurant, before I enquired later on, they had already put it aside. However, in Thailand service is a big thing so most places you get excellent service.

Overall it's a nice place to stay and the location is ideal, but I probably would not stay here again as there are better places in my opinion for the same price. I've stayed at the Grand Millenium before and that, in my opinion, is a far better hotel.

Additionally, for the same price I could have stayed at Lebua State Tower but I didn't as I thought it was too far from Sukhumvit Soi 11. A cab is less than £2 (100 baht) from Lebua to Soi 11!

A tip is that with cabbies, always demand that they use their meter as otherwise they will try and rip you off like in Koh Samui where no cabbie uses the meter.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, following your recent stay.

I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed the comfort of your deluxe guest room, and that our team were able to make your time with us that bit more memorable, being attentive to your needs. I apologise that the shower water pressure was not strong enough and would be pleased to hear from you at hm@landmarkbangkok.com in order that this may be investigated and rectified.

Thank you for dining at our Chinese restaurant and I am sorry to read that you found this to be over priced. We do carry out regular competitor checks with similar style and offerings, and have found our offering to be very competitive.

I do hope that we can welcome you back on a future visit to Bangkok and I would be pleased if you contacted me directly to ensure that everything is completed to your entire satisfaction.

Hotel Manager

Been to Landmark Bangkok? Share your experiences!