“Wonderful location, outstanding service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel

You added Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   250 Sukhumvit Road, Bangkok 10110, Thailand   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 30%
Ranked #10 of 772 Hotels in Bangkok
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Chiang Mai, Thailand
“Wonderful location, outstanding service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Arrived late to a wonderful staff, Spotless room, and a very convenient location
Thought food pricing as well as the room is pricey for my budget, the service, quality, and location will make it a must return destination. And the view from 3203 is just outstanding !
No worries if it is raining out, leave the car parked and use the covered sky walk ways to close shopping (terminal 21 as well as others) for a multitude of dining choices, as well as movies, and shopping, The Sky train terminal is also right out the door
The room had to be on of the 10 best in all my years of travel
Now to get the wife here for a romantic weekend

Room Tip: 3203 had a view of the city I never have seen before. 14 years coming to Thailand, staying in this...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
GMSGS, General Manager at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear Just_Jeffrey,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit and for taking the time to share your feedback with us on TripAdvisor.

I am pleased to read that you had enjoyed the view from your guest room, the convenience of our Grande Connection, directly connection the hotel lobby to the BTS Skytrain and MRT Subway Station and most importantly, the level of service provided by our Luxury Collection ambassadors. Your compliments have been shared with the team and we look forward to welcoming you and your wife back soon.

Richard Chapman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (378)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Port Moresby
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

My partner and I would return to this hotel again if we are travelling to Bangkok as the experience was first class. The staff were exceptionally helpful and went out of their way to make our stay an enjoyable experience. This is a great place to stay and I would recommend it to anyone travelling to Bangkok. Only downside although minor was the cost of wi-fi which should have been better priced.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
GMSGS, General Manager at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Dear Don L,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit and for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

The voice of customers is critical in maintaining our high standards and I am pleased to read about the positive interactions you had during your stay with us. Our biggest asset of the hotel is our people and I am happy to hear that we were able to enhance your trip and make it memorable.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back for another memorable experience.

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

I decided to stay at the Sheraton Grande, based on a recommendation of a good friend. As soon as our car pulled up at 11pm I was very glad that we chose this hotel. Check in was simple, fast and friendly, the front desk agent seemed to be expecting us. The room was perfect and very comfortable. I very much liked having the butler service bring up cappuccinos whenever I felt like it. The breakfast buffet at this hotel is probably responsible for the extra weight I gained on this trip. Could also be the seafood dinner buffet. The pool was lovely and refreshing, and the staff that I encountered in every part of the hotel was kind and helpful. I would totally recommend this hotel for anyone wishing to visit Bangkok.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Marketmiami1,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit and for taking the time to share your feedback with us in TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to read that you had enjoyed your check-in process with our Front Desk team, the Butler service, the breakfast and dinner buffet spread at Orchid Cafe, the tropical oasis of our swimming pool, and most importantly, the level of customer service provided by our Luxury Collection ambassadors. As part of The Luxury Collection hotels, we continuously strive to provide our guests with an incomparable stay. Your comments have been shared with the team and we look forward to the next pleasant opportunity of welcoming you back.

brussels
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

The Sheraton is a good hotel, that must be made clear and by European standards it would be excellent, but considering the competition within Bangkok I would consider my experience average. This is the 6th time that I have stayed with the Sheraton and I can honestly say that in the past it was the best because of the excellent customer service. I often travel alone, and I appreciated the friendliness and that they always seemed to recognise you. That was why the Sheraton would be my automatic choice without consideration of other 5 star hotels.

I hope this feed back is constructive:
I arrived at 15:30, there was a Q and it took 10 minutes for an assistant to reach me, there were not eneughg terminals, and he passed by credit card into the machine of a full time reception staff without mentioning to him, who if I had not pointed it out was about to charge a different customers bill to my card. No "welcome back" . I am an spg member and had booked a better room, with some perks like Laundy, cocktails etc. when I was shown the room, these were not mentioned to me, I had to ask. Also somewhat impersonal in comparison to before, and considering its my 6th visit.

The reception desk is too small for a hotel of this size, more trained staff are needed to cope with peak periods.

Positively, the room was good, with a fantastic city view as requested. Also they agreed to a late check out to suit my evening flight.

Check out at around 18:30 was again the same experience, had to wait, though less than before. This time, the receptionist remembered to return my credit card at the last moment.

Generally the hotel the atmosphere was less welcoming and the hotel "busy". The door and coniege staff, particularly the trainees, were good.

Another example; one evening, I had a problem with my shower. The control was stuck on hot. I reported it, abandoned the shower and went accross the road for some minor shopping. i returned 45 minutes later, the technician had the valve in pieces and took a further 20 mins to fix. That's not a problem, these things happen. In the past Sheratons service would have gone beyond what is expected and they would leave a chocolate spanner behind. A very nice touch. This time just fix and gone, like would happen everywhere.

Breakfast is supposed to be until 11:00, however from 10:30, staff start tidying tables, at 10:50 the first food was being removed. All of this should star after a 11:10. I asked, why it was being cleared and was told that they opened at 5:30. I said that I am not awake at 5:30 and was then told that the Japanese are. The buffet is good, although again a decline, only salmon pâté when before smoked salmon, there were a couple of flys buzzing around the pâté dishes which was off putting. The Virginia Ham looked like the tail of the ham left from the previous day with the fatty end that I asked to be trimmed. The Tabula "a sort of morrocan salad with lemon tomatoe and parsley" was terrible without any lemon.

Many of lights for the lift buttons on many floors do not work.

Previously I remember seeing the hotel manager walking around and checking how things were going. Not this time. Just had the impression of a decline.

Good was room, bed, excellent location, fantastic view, good quality soap, great croissants at breakfast (are they made at the hotel?).

So, overall a good hotel, but there are many good and excellent hotels in Bangkok and I had the impression that it was no longer top of the class.

Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dear PeterCbrussels,

May I thank you for staying at the Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit and for taking the time to write us a constructive feedback. I was very concerned to learn of your disappointment on the lack of attention to details of our Guest Service Agents, the inattentiveness of our Front Desk, and the breakfast buffet spread and service at Orchid Café. Naturally I called for a full investigation on all the points you raised and a series of actions and retraining has been put in place to avoid a reoccurrence and to deliver service in a personalized and attentive manner. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

I note that you found that the lights on some of the elevator floors were not working. I am pleased to advise that currently we are undergoing a refurbishment of our guestrooms which will give a fresher look and more contemporary feel to the guestrooms. This will include a totally new colour scheme, state-of-the-art media hub, 40” TV, upgraded guest room Internet, new lighting and new shower fittings. The room together with its 45 sq.m. space will certainly give us a leading edge amongst the 5 stars hotel in Bangkok. The total project is targeted to be completed by the end of next year.

On the other hand, I am glad to learn that you enjoyed our guest room, the central location of our hotel, and the croissant – yes, they are homemade. Your kind comments have been passed on to the teams.

Once again please accept my apologies on your disappointment. I sincerely hope that in spite of this inconvenience, we will have the opportunity to welcoming you back in the near future so that we can remedy the poor impression created on this occasion.

Shanghai, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

We stayed in Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit this May. It is well connected with BTS and service is good. Breakfast is good and dinner, as well, although much more expensive than local restaurants. The swimming pool is not large but well-desighned, giving you a feeling of vocation. I would recommend it to SPG platinunum members because it offers very favourable price. If you are not, the quality/price ratio is not that outstanding.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear KelvinZhang,

May I thank you for choosing to stay with us at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit and for sharing your feedback with us.

It is a great pleasure to read that you had enjoyed the convenience of our Grande Connection - connecting the hotel lobby directly to the BTS Skytrain and MRT Subway station, the food & beverage selections - especially our breakfast buffet spread and dinner at basil, and the tropical oasis of our swimming pool. I have shared your comments with the team and we all look forward to the next pleasant opportunity of welcoming you back.

newcastle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here at the start of August for 5 days and had a brilliant stay. The hotel is excellent. Everything was a 5/5, service, location, food and rooms. My favourite though had to be the pool area. They have managed to create an area with trees and an amazing pool that makes you feel like you are at a tranquil beach resort. You can't tell that your in the middle of a city like Bangkok.

The only slight issue we had was a bill query. When checking out the bill we were issued had additional charges as the room rate had gone up. We were asked to pay this, we tried to explain that we had booked the room months ago and paid upfront then so they couldn't expect us to pay the difference as the rate had changed since we booked but they still said we must pay as the reservations team made an error when we booked. My partner had a copy of the booking details which they then took and said they would look into and sort out before we leave. It was all sorted before we left so no major issues overall. Would stay here if travelling to Bangkok again.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear maz05,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit and for taking the time to share your experiences with us.

I am delighted to read that you had enjoyed our central location, the beverage selection, our guest rooms, the level of customer service and your highlight, the tropical oasis of our swimming pool. However, I was concerned to read about the misunderstand on the room charge upon check-out. Please accept my apologies and I have shared your feedback with the concerned Department Head so that such incidences will not re-occur.

My team and I look forward to the next pleasant opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Cape Town
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

We had a wonderful stay at this hotel for 3 nights. The location is perfect. Next to the BTS and opposite Terminal 21 shopping mall. We could easily travel to any other location in the city. The service was fantastic, rooms very, very clean and spacious with a beautiful bathroom. My biggest complement to this hotel is the breakfast. Good variety and very well prepared. We would highly recomment this hotel if you are looking for the best service,beautiful hotel with a lovely pool, great food and location. This is what a 5 star hotel should be like.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
GMSGS, General Manager at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dear LindieSA,

May I thank you for staying with us at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit and for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

I am extremely pleased to read that you had enjoyed the convenience of our location - being directly connected to the BTS Skytrain, just a few steps from the MRT Subway Station and also opposite to Terminal 21. Moreover, I am delighted to read that the highlight of your stay was our breakfast buffet spread. We continuously strive to improve the level of our services and your compliments are definitely an encouragement to all of us. I have shared your comments regarding the exceptional level of service to our team and they certainly appreciate the recognition that you have given.

We look forward to the next pleasant opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Richard Chapman

Been to Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel? Share your experiences!