“Great hotel!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel

You added Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel
Ranked #9 of 764 Hotels in Bangkok
Florida Keys
“Great hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

I stayed here in July with my daughters on our travel through SE Asia. This was one of our favorite hotels. It is in a great location right by a Skyrail station. The hotel is immaculately clean. The view from our room on the 24th floor was spectacular. The room was spacious and clean and had every amenity you could need. The food is superb. The spa is great. The staff are helpful and sweet and they all speak English very well. Best of all we got a great summer rate during the low season. Would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
GMSGS, General Manager at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear rwkinfla,

Thank you very much for visiting Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit and for taking the time to share your experiences with us on TripAdvisor.

It is a great pleasure to read that you and your daughters had enjoyed the convenience of our location, our spacious rooms and the views they offer, the food and beverage selections and the services provided at The Grande Spa. We continuously strive to improve the level of our customer service and your compliments certainly matches what we aim for. I have shared your feedback with the team and we all look forward to the next pleasant opportunity of welcoming you back.

Richard Chapman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (342)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel almost 100 times. The service is always great, the rooms are big and clean, the service is great and the breakfast is one of the best in the world. The hotel is currently being renovated which will just add to the ambiance. I could right a heap more - but as far as hotels go - this is one of the best !!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
GMSGS, General Manager at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear ronone,

Thank you very much for your continuous support and loyalty towards Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Bangkok!

The voice of customers is critical in maintaining our high standards and I am pleased to read about the positive interactions you had during your stay with us. Our biggest asset of the hotel is our people and I am happy to hear that we were able to enhance your trip and make it memorable.

We look forward to welcoming you back for your 100th stay in the near future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

Have reviewed the Sala before and it is still a great place to relax, however I have a complaint. I was there on Monday at about 3.00,a group of 5 were also there and asked for their beer in 'glasses' not plastic as I am used to drinking from. The waiter whom I've mentioned before, Kornthep, being his usual polite, smiling and tactful self informed them of the Sheratons policy of not allowing glasses by the pool, for obvious reasons, they refused to listen and told Kornthep to get the manager. On arrival the manager listened to the complaint and then for some unknown reason sent for some proper beer glasses. If I had been Kornthep I would have felt very embarrassed.
Haven't finished yet.
I was back in the Sala on Tuesday at about the same time, guess what the same obnoxious bunch were there as well, this time drinking prosecco and once again from proper wine glasses.
It seems to me that some guests are far more privileged than others. I've lived in Bangkok for 3 years now and use the Sheraton every week, I also abide by the rules, it therefore disappoints me to see a staff member allow some people to drink from glass while I sit and suffer with plastic.
A quick point to end.
Everyone knows that when glass shatters its impossible to find every last piece, if one of these obnoxious people had trod on a piece who do you think would have gone running to the lawyers first?
I will of course be back for another of your great burgers.

• Stayed July 2013
GMSGS, General Manager at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear LesPaulbkk,

Thank you for staying at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit on your recent visit to Bangkok and for sharing with us you recent experience. On reading the story of the pool saga, I naturally investigated this further and discovered that it was truly most unfortunate that some guests were insisting on using glassware. For safety reasons, as you are quite rightly point out, we do not allow this and should guests insist in the future, I have asked our associates to call for myself or one of the senior managers who will handle it directly with the guests concerned.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

I fell in love with this hotel. No words can describe my experience here. I am not easily impressed, but this hotel has left me nothing to complain about.
1. It is located in sukhumvit and all major shopping hubs are nearby. Terminal 21 shopping centre is directly connected via skywalk from hotel to the BTS Asok.
2. Yes the property is dated as others have mentioned, but it only means that the style of furniture is old and technology in room is old. The rooms and the whole property are extremely clean and beautiful. Moreover upgradation is taking place and will finish by this year end.
3. Staff is great. Very cheerful and helpful. They are genuinely concerned about their guests and go out of the way to make the stay most enjoyable.
4. Buffet served at orchid cafe is beyond all description. There is too much of everything for everyone and it looks beautiful, and tastes awesome. Chef Thapa made sure our special dietary needs are met with (Indian Veg).
5. GM Mr. Richard Chapman is a delightful person and personally meets guests and listens to them very carefully and tries to do his best to make the stay heavenly.
6. Swimming pool area and the pool bar Sala is a whole world in its own. Beautiful serene place where time just flies by.
7. There was nothing to complain about. Butler service, in room-dining experience, laundry service bla bla bla..... Best I have ever experienced.

I will definitely stay here for all my future visits in bangkok.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear ratnu,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit and for taking the time to share your recent experiences with us.

I am delighted to read that our team was able to play a part in enhancing your stay with us. As part of The Luxury Collection hotels, we continuously strive to provide each and every guest with an incomparable stay. Your compliments have been shared with the team at Orchid Cafe, The Sala, to butler, In-Room Dining and laundry team.

We all look forward to the pleasant opportunity of welcoming you back to Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit.

madison
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

You cannot go wrong with Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit.
1) With both the BTS Skytrain (Asok) and MRT subway line (Sukhumvit) right around the corner, the excellent location made it so convenient to get around and sight see. All the cab drivers know the Sheraton, which made it even easier.
2) The service was great, especially the concierge, who was knowledgeable and helpful. Everything was smooth, from check-in to check-out.
3) Our room was very spacious and light, with a great view of the city. The bathroom was huge, gorgeous and very clean. It was hard to leave the room! Plus, we loved the pool - a tropical oasis in the middle of the city. The hot whirlpool was perfect after a long day of sight seeing and the lush pool was so relaxing with very comfortable sunbed loungers. It was hard to leave the pool!
Overall, we loved everything about our stay at the Sheraton Grande - literally cannot think of one negative thing. Highly recommend and will most definitely stay here again the next time we're in Bangkok.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
GMSGS, General Manager at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear madison998877,

Thank you for staying with us at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Bangkok.

I am delighted to read that you had enjoyed our central location, having The Grande Connection linking us directly to the BTS Skytrain station and just a few steps away from the subway station. It is also great to read that you had enjoyed our spacious rooms, the tropical oasis of our swimming pool and most importantly, the level of service provided by our Luxury Collection ambassadors. Your compliments have been shared with the team and they are delighted to know that they were able to play a part in making your stay in Bangkok more memorable.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Manerba del Garda, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I visited The Sheraton Grand several times during my stay in Bangkok, where I lived for 4 years. I stayed at the hotel for 1 night, in 2008 and I still have good memories. The room was large and very confortable, all in-room amenities very nice. The green-marble bath was wide and clean with a full courtesy line and a baby beauty-case with Johnson's products for baby care. Breakfast was excellent. I had a massge and scrub at the Spa and it was a nice experience. My husband and baby daughter enjoyed the swimming pool, very artistic, but just to relax, not really a place for little kids, of course.
My husband and I use to go for Sunday Brunch at Sheraton Grand, and we still miss the high quality of food, the excellent presentation and the variety of ingredients. We had dinner several times also at the Rossini, the Italian Restaurant, which I considered the best Italian restaurant in town at that time.
Next December we should return to Bangkok on holidays and we really hope to go back and try their cuisine again.
Although the traffic jam of Sukumvit Rd. you have direct access from hotel to BTS station (skytrain), which is very convenient and quick to take almost anywhere in town. Lot of shopping opportunities on a walking distance.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
GMSGS, General Manager at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear Federica B,

Thank your for your support and loyalty towards Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Bangkok.

The voice of customers is critical in maintaining our high standards and I am pleased to read about the positive interactions you had during your numerous visits to our hotel. I have shared your compliments to the team and we all look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit next December.

Villeneuve d'Ascq, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I stay for business in Bangkok and i stay at the Sherton with some colleqgues of mine, I must one of my best hotel experience. The service was fantastic,friendly staff, delicious food, great location, the room was very clean and spacious. We really had a great experience. It s definitly a place that i recommand and i will be back whenever i m in Bangkok.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear raymond l,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit and for taking the time to share your experiences.

It is a great pleasure to read that you had enjoyed our food and beverage selections, the convenience of our location and the level of customer service provided by our Luxury Collection ambassadors. Your compliments have been shared with our team and we all look forward to welcoming you back to Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit and being a part of making your stay more memorable in the near future.

Richard Chapman

Been to Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel? Share your experiences!