“Great business hotel!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel

You added Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel
4.5 of 5 stars 2,006 Reviews
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Great business hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

This is an ideal hotel for business travellers. Location is perfect due to proximity to a BTS station. An added bonus was the sheltered walkway towards the nearby Terminal 21 shopping mall. While I have yet to explored the outlet, the option is convenient should I require supplies or would like to indulge in some retail therapy after a long day's work.

The room is spacious and has wonderful amenities. The staff are polite and I spotted specific front desk personnels dedicated to visitors from certain countries, which while was not catered to me, was a nice touch and represents their commitment to making everyone feel at home. The front desk readily offered me a late check-out upon discovering my flight home was a night flight. While I did not take up their offer, it was a good attention to detail on their part. The staff were courteous and polite, and even escorted me to my room to explain the amenities further.

The dinner buffet was scrumptious and held good variety to me. I must have put on some weight thanks to the generous servings of roasted meat and fresh seafood. One can also enjoy live jazz music over dinner as the lounge was located right above the hotel cafe. Breakfast was standard continental and local fare with a healthy selection of bread and pastries. There were also some interesting items such as ice blended coffee and eggs benedict to be ordered over the egg station, though those would not dramatically change the breakfast experience.

The only real downside, which is probably consistent with all hotels located in the heart of Bangkok city, is the traffic congestion that could delay your departure from or return to the hotel during peak hours. Otherwise, tis is definitely a hotel to revisit during my business trips.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
GMSGS, General Manager at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Dear Xperiencelife,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit and for taking the time to share your experiences.

It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback, and I will share your comments with our team. I am delighted to read that you had enjoyed our location, the dinner buffet at Orchid Cafe, and the service level provided to you. We strive to continuously improve the quality of our services and I am sure that your feedback will be encouragement to all the staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Richard Chapman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (342)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

The Thai wife and I decided to spend a couple of days here last week at the end of our northern Thai holiday. We have stayed here many times, but not recently.

This is my favourite hotel in the world. Said that the first time I reviewed it a couple of years back. Still great. We were upgraded to a grand deluxe room and had a high floor on the lake view side as per my profile preference. Took advantage of the butler service one morning to get some early coffees. The breakfast continues to be the best I've encountered. They even had a great pork sausage on the first morning, downgraded a bit on the second. If only they would add hot grilled mushrooms, the whole breakfast buffet would be perfect.

Enjoyed the buffet dinner one night, again, really good, but maybe a little pricey. We also enjoyed evening cocktails both night and listened to the jazz pianist. The hotel GM made his way around the guests on one of the evenings and made us feel welcome.

Definitely be back. Rates seemed to have dropped a little lately but I might just be out of touch on them.

Room Tip: High floor, lakeside. Also get a great view of the hotel pool.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear RossNAhe,

May I thank you for your support towards Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit and for the time that you have taken to share your feedback on TripAdvisor.

It is a great pleasure to read that you continue to enjoy your stay with us, and our guestrooms facing Lake Ratchada. With our breakfast buffet, you may be interested to know that we have been recently been chosen by TripAdvisor to be amongst the top ten hotel venues to have breakfast in Bangkok. I have shared your compliments with Tim Hedges, our very talented pianist at The Living Room and the team and I look forward to welcoming you and your family back once again in the near future.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Stayed at SGS as part of my exploration of Starwood Hotels in Bangkok.

The location is good, being near a BTS station.
Direct sheltered connection to the BTS and the nearby shopping centre Terminal 21 was a pleasant surprise.

Checkin was smooth and the Front Desk spoke clear English and answered our questions easily.
We were escorted up to our room by the staff as well.
I noted the lift did not require a keycard to go to the various floors unlike other hotels and hope this can be upgraded soon.

The decor and view from the room was excellent.
Cleanliness was as expected and the room was bright and spacious.

The bed was a little too hard for me, and I woke up several times in the night.

TV was not too great as I was trying to watch Wimbledon and the channel had a lot of noise.

The gym is bigger than the usual hotel ones (great for a good workout!) and the pool was beautiful.
However, the pool is usually crowded and hard to find a good spot.

Breakfast at the lobby was good, but could be better in terms of variety.
The pastries were very tempting, but the hot dishes were limited.

Checkout was uneventful as well.

We would surely be back whenever we visit Bangkok.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear SgFred,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit and for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

I always welcome the good, the bad, and the ugly as it gives us the opportunity to correct our processes and enhance customer’s experience. I am happy to read that you had enjoyed the check-in process provided by our Luxury Collection ambassadors. Regarding the other points you have mentioned, I have shared them with the concerned Department Heads for improvement.

Thank you once again for your feedback and I look forward to the next opportunity of welcoming you back to our hotel.

Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I spent two nights at the Sheraton whilst working in Bangkok. I chose it due to the link to the BTS. I ordered the hotel car to meet me and was quickly whisked away in a comfortable car with water provided. Check in was efficient and I was offered a late check out up front with no haggling required which I thought was a nice touch. The hotel is not particularly characterful or chic but it is clean with large well appointed and comfortable rooms and the breakfast was busy but had a good choice. I would definitely stay there again for a business trip.

Room Tip: I chose a room overlooking the lake on a high floor which was nice and quiet.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Marni1973,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Bangkok.

I am pleased to read that you had enjoyed our large rooms which boasts an exceptional view of Lake Ratchada, the breakfast spread at Orchid Cafe, and the cleanliness of our hotel. It is always a great pleasure to receive positive feedback and I have shared it with the team to recognize their efforts.

We look forward to the next pleasant opportunity of welcoming you back to Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, Bangkok in the near future.

Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

its a great business, leisure and shopping hotel. I like the ambience. Very sheraton class. Rooms area great. I had got an executive suite. Its excellent. Gym is great.

Service is great + thai warmth! Just walk out of hotel and you are in intense shopping zone :-)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
GMSGS, General Manager at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear Amit S,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit and for sharing your experiences.

I am delighted to read that you had enjoyed your stay with us. Your compliments have been shared with the team and they are happy to know that they were able to be a part in enhancing your stay with us.

We all look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Oceanside, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Wow! What can I say, wonderful two night stay, wish it could have been much longer. My husband took me to Thailand for my first visit and we stayed here for our last two days. It was the highlight of my trip. We were greeted warmly by Mitsuyo (spelling ,sorry?) she was so courteous and helpful and personally escorted us to our room. Soon after our bags followed by a vey polite bell hop. Every staff member we encountered whether in the lobby, the buffet or pool always had a smile and wanted to assist. It's obvious the service culture of this hotel is highly valued. The room was spacious and loved the walk in closet and the HUGE bathroom, loved the big soaking tub to soak away the aches after walking around the big Sunday market which was awesome. The soaps were lovely and the white robes and slippers were a nice touch. Loved turn down service with the slippers placed by the bed. We also got a nice plate of complimentary fruit which was tasty and two complimentary bottles of water each per day. Our view from our room was cool, could see Terminal 21 shopping center and also Soi Cowboy in the distance, lol! Had to take a quick peek in honor of the Wolf Pack! The pool was awesome, an oasis in busy Sukhumvit, tropical foliage and comfy sun beds with a great pool and jacuzzi. They set up my bed and laid out towels and even brought fresh fruit. Wish I had more time. I had no problem getting a sun bed in the mid afternoon. The breakfast buffet was wonderful with a large selection of fresh fruit, fresh cut mango, heaven! Lots of pastries and carving and egg station, fresh juices etc, best breakfast in Thailand for me. Another great thing about this hotel is its location, right in the heart of all the action and connected to the BTS sky train by a pedestrian bridge. We could walk right to the train from the hotel to take the BTS to the Chatachuk market, up and down the line to the other Sois (Soi 24 has lots of good massage salons) we could also use the pedestrian walkway to go straight to Terminal 21. I can't wait to come back!

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear osidetraveller,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Bangkok on your first trip to Bangkok.

I am delighted to read that you had our rooms and the view that it offers, the swimming pool, the convenience of our location and our breakfast spread at Orchid Cafe. I am also pleased to read about the positive interactions that you had during your stay and have provided recognition to Mitsuyo and our team of Luxury Collection ambassadors.

Thank you once again for your positive compliments and we look forward to the next pleasant opportunity of welcoming you back to our hotel.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

This was my 8th time at the hotel. It is a hotel built to a high standard with great service. The hotel is starting to look a little dated (I believe construction pre-dates the Asian financial crisis) but the materials they used in the construction were superb (Four Seasons type quality) and the upkeep has been great.

I love the pool area. It is quite something else and I hope they maintain it if/when they renovate the hotel. Only thing, the surface around the pool is starting to show some degradation so hopefully they will re-surface at some point.

The restaurants are nice but the prices are extremely high.

Rooms are quite nice and very comfortable.

Proximity to the Terminal 21 mall, which is wortwhile visiting, and the Skytrain station, is a great plus.

I am tempted to try a newer luxury hotel located within a 5 minute walk of the Sheraton but I can tell right away that their level of service will be nowhere close to that of the Sheraton. I guess this is a nod to management of the Sheraton hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear DanielG12,

Thank you for your continuous support and loyalty towards Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Bangkok.

I am pleased to read that you continue to enjoy the level of service provided by our Luxury Collection ambassadors. As part of The Luxury Collection Hotels, we aim to provide our guests with an indigenous and indigenous experience during all visits. You may be interested to know that we have commenced on an enhancement program, which will give a fresher look and more contemporary feel to the guestrooms. This will include a totally new colour scheme, state-of-the-art media hub, 40” TV, upgraded guest room Internet, new lighting and new shower fittings. The room together with its 45 sq.m. space will certainly give us a leading edge amongst the 5 stars hotel in Bangkok.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, Bangkok soon.

Richard Chapman

Been to Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel? Share your experiences!